Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Bengals don’t feel it’s their job to make other teams better."
This is crazy. They're totally oblivious to the fact that draft picks can help them.

But, when we lose a player to free agency...they tout the Compensatory pick like it's gold and riches beyond measure!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
This thread could have been titled:
Bengals don't feel like it's their job to make themselves better.
Reply/Quote
Can’t read the whole article because I’m not a subscriber. Can you summarize the main points , who did they speak to in the front office ?
Reply/Quote
Teams are 8-0 against us, how the hell aren't we making other teams better by handing them easy wins? Any team thst has faced us this year is one win better for doing so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's completely ridiculous.
If you really think guys like AJ Green really want to be here so bad, talk with them ahead of time and let them know you're wanting to re-sign them in the offseason once they become FAs. That way, you can trade them for picks and still bring them back just a couple months later.

This season is making me question my fandom.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Comments like this just further let us know that no one down at PBS knows a damn thing about how to run a successful football team. I honestly hope they leave town.
Reply/Quote
I can't take much more of this.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 10:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is crazy. They're totally oblivious to the fact that draft picks can help them.

But, when we lose a player to free agency...they tout the Compensatory pick like it's gold and riches beyond measure!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I can understand both sides to the argument; not trading and keeping your own as well as trading older talent and acquiring draft picks.

I personally would not trade Green, Geno, or Dunlap. 

I would consider all other players including Andy Dalton. His time as the starter is more than likely over so if another team makes an offer for him he would be gone. 

Next year FA I would be after tackles, guards, DE, LB, etc... 

Draft go with best player available. 

If the team let's their top talent go they will have to try to find talent in the draft and the draft is not sure a thing. Will the Bengals be able to replace Geno or get similar production from a rookie, most likely not. Will they get similar production from a rookie WR compared to AJ when he is healthy, absolutely not. 

As for Andy he can be let go with zero penalty next year; I say move on from Dalton and draft the future franchise QB but make sure you improve the quality of OL and DL first and foremost. 

I personally don't think going all in on a draft for rebuilding is the way to go. Use FA and the draft to build around the team you have now.  Hopefully 2020 FA Bengals are more active and bringing in some players to help the lines out. 
Reply/Quote
This is absolutely ***** insane.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:08 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote:
I can understand both sides to the argument; not trading and keeping your own as well as trading older talent and acquiring draft picks.

I would consider all other players including Andy Dalton. His time as the starter is more than likely over so if another team makes an offer for him he would be gone. 

If the team let's their top talent go they will have to try to find talent in the draft and the draft is not sure a thing. Will the Bengals be able to replace Geno or get similar production from a rookie, most likely not. Will they get similar production from a rookie WR compared to AJ when he is healthy, absolutely not. 

As for Andy he can be let go with zero penalty next year; I say move on from Dalton and draft the future franchise QB but make sure you improve the quality of OL and DL first and foremost. 

I personally don't think going all in on a draft for rebuilding is the way to go. Use FA and the draft to build around the team you have now.  Hopefully 2020 FA Bengals are more active and bringing in some players to help the lines out. 

AJ GREEN ISN'T GOING TO BE HERE NEXT YEAR. HES A FREE AGENT. 

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAAAAAAANDDDDD!!!! 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 10:59 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I can't take much more of this.

Same
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:08 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I can understand both sides to the argument; not trading and keeping your own as well as trading older talent and acquiring draft picks.

We unfortunately don't use free agency heavily for upgrades most years.
Reply/Quote
It's honestly getting to a point where I kinda hope AJ waits for the trade deadline to pass and then informs the team that he is testing free agency after the year is up. It would be the cherry on top of the shit sundae that is this season. And it would be deadly hilarious for that to happen after all this puffing out the chest about how we don't trade players and how AJ isn't going anywhere.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: AJ GREEN ISN'T GOING TO BE HERE NEXT YEAR. HES A FREE AGENT. 

They'll likely franchise tag him.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:08 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I can understand both sides to the argument; not trading and keeping your own as well as trading older talent and acquiring draft picks.

Why wouldn’t you trade them? Their production is down, they are aging and Green has been injured in recent seasons. What’s the point in keeping them for a rebuild? They will be too old to be apart of any success a rebuild might bring but trading them speeds up the process.

This team is not just one or two good players, years or drafts away from contending. This thing needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They'll likely franchise tag him.

Interesting theory. Poor sap. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: AJ GREEN ISN'T GOING TO BE HERE NEXT YEAR. HES A FREE AGENT. 

Not sure why you’re making such a definitive statement. It’s very likely he re-signs here.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure why you’re making such a definitive statement. It’s very likely he re-signs here.

Which makes me question AJ’s mental state.
Reply/Quote

It's the only way this franchise will do it. They will NOT build thru FA. They don't even like supplementing a team through it, and when they do, we end up with ***** Bobby Hart, John Jerry and Preston Brown. 

We all love Geno, Dunlap and AJ, but the time has come for some tough love and ballsy decisions. These guys are either on the downturn of their careers or a few minutes away from it. There is no opportunity to build anything meaningful around this core. An organization that wants to win has to move on from guys like this. It is absolutely a dereliction of duty to sit on these guys when they could be turned into valuable draft picks.

And yes, I know we'll just barf on the draft card with the picks. I don't know what I'm doing here anymore. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:30 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Which makes me question AJ’s mental state.

He just says the politically correct things. I'm sure he'd love to play for a winner. But, he knows the Bengals can franchise tag him.

Heck, he can wait and wait and wait and pick when he returns from injury this year. I'm sure he likes that at this point.
Reply/Quote