Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to make some significant changes
I remember in prior years we'd settle on the Marvin Andy combo always saying well at least we're making the playoffs and one of these years perhaps we'll break through. Well not anymore; we are one of the worst teams in the league with a terrible coach and a QB that can't make a play if his life depended on it.

I've always felt these 2 bums wouldn't get the job done and it is coming to fruition. MB needs to make some changes this off season otherwise we will never even sniff making a run deep into the playoffs. You can count on that.
Reply/Quote
With Atkins and Dunlap having 1 year left on their contract and Green pushing 30 having 2 years left...I'd be tempted to see what we could get for them in trades.

If we could get some 1st and 2nd Round picks...that helps us bigtime. Better than losing them in free agency and to age declines.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, even if they manage to turn the offensive line around in the coming years, I wonder if it's too little too late for Dalton. The guy looks ruined.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
In years past I would have argued 1 1/2 bums. But Dalton looks lost. I know the o line is terrible, but even when he gets timeless looks shaky and makes poor decisions.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With Atkins and Dunlap having 1 year left on their contract and Green pushing 30 having 2 years left...I'd be tempted to see what we could get for them in trades.

If we could get some 1st and 2nd Round picks...that helps us bigtime. Better than losing them in free agency and to age declines.

At this point i'd be up for anything man but keep in mind when players like Dunlap only have one year left they may not attract much in return.  Keep in mind also those guys aren't the problem. It's the Head Coach and QB that need to go.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:45 PM)car91 Wrote: In years past I would have argued 1 1/2 bums. But Dalton looks lost. I know the o line is terrible, but even when he gets timeless looks shaky and makes poor decisions.

The guy has had one impressive season with Hue Jackson, he even made me believe in him but since then he's been an inferior QB. NO other way to flip it.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:45 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: At this point i'd be up for anything man but keep in mind when players like Dunlap only have one year left they may not attract much in return.  Keep in mind also those guys aren't the problem. It's the Head Coach and QB that need to go.

They certainly aren't the problem and honestly giving more draft picks to the front office likely won't result in much.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:46 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: The guy has had one impressive season with Hue Jackson, he even made me believe in him but since then he's been an inferior QB. NO other way to flip it.

I would love to be able to provide an argument to refute this, but I just cannot come up with one.
Reply/Quote
This decline is so bad that it almost seems intentional. You'd almost have to try to decimate anything so completely.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Tank the rest of the year and grab a QB in the first round, spend the rest of the draft addressing the oline, fire Marvin and Alexander, would be where I started.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tank the rest of the year and grab a QB in the first round, spend the rest of the draft addressing the oline, fire Marvin and Alexander, would be where I started.

Great plan....just wish we had a front office that would agree to this approach.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:59 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Great plan....just wish we had a front office that would agree to this approach.

If Marvin gets another year, there won't be a fan base left.  And Mike still won't care.  Revenue sharing has ruined my life.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:02 PM)McC Wrote: If Marvin gets another year, there won't be a fan base left.  And Mike still won't care.  Revenue sharing has ruined my life.

I just hope we continue to lose so it will make the decision much easier....plus we need a higher draft pick to select a legitimate QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tank the rest of the year and grab a QB in the first round, spend the rest of the draft addressing the oline, fire Marvin and Alexander, would be where I started.

Well you see, the problem with that is... It makes too much sense. Which is exactly why this team won't do it
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:46 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: The guy has had one impressive season with Hue Jackson, he even made me believe in him but since then he's been an inferior QB. NO other way to flip it.

It's called a career year.

That said...IF Aaron Rodgers were drafted by the Bengals he probably wouldn't have developed into the QB he is today.

Palmer couldn't overcome the organization. Now Dalton.

Green and Atkins are borderline HOFers and are likely going to play their entire Bengals career without winning a playoff game.

Honestly, if Marvin Lewis coached the Steelers for 15 years...he probably wins 2 Super Bowls and a dozen playoff games.
Reply/Quote
Mandy is a joke. She is not very good. The oline is much worse. The staff needs to go and take Alexander with them
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:02 PM)McC Wrote: If Marvin gets another year, there won't be a fan base left.  And Mike still won't care.  Revenue sharing has ruined my life.

I truly believe Marvin coming back would end it for a while for most Bengal fans...  especially season ticket holders.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I truly believe Marvin coming back would end it for a while for most Bengal fans...  especially season ticket holders.

And Mike still won't care.  The league should take the franchise away from him, force him to sell it, like MLB did with crazy Marge.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:11 PM)McC Wrote: And Mike still won't care.  The league should take the franchise away from him, force him to sell it, like MLB did with crazy Marge.

At least Marge won a championship...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Why wait until the end of the year to fire marvin. Every moment we waste allowing him to speak his loser ass poison into our players ears the worse we get.

Fire him now!!!!!!!! Who gives a shit who replaces him. Bench Dalton. We cant be any worse on O. See if maybe we have a QB with more guts and play making ability. Quit trotting out the same bum ass scrubs on the OL. Play your god damn top 10 pick and your first round pick from last year.
Reply/Quote