Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Best Defensive Coordinator in History is Already in Cincinnati
So. Is Buddy still in town?
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd say he takes in all he sees and adjusts his outlook accordingly? 

When the Bengals were 5-3, I was pretty happy with that. We'd been sketchy - at best - on the field, and still came out with a winning record. With the BYE to heal and make adjustments, I thought we were in a good spot. We promptly came out and lost the next 2 games in embarrassing fashion. Now my outlook isn't so rosy.

Lol yep. You don't always have to die on that hill. It's equally important to realize that, despite the 5-5 record, this team is not a playoff contender.

I was optimistic after our first few wins. But it's fair to look at what happened to us vs Saints and KC, and just admit that this team isn't going to make too much noise.

The "anything is possible" crowd will jump in and defend it, but the NFL is still predictable at times. It's not hard to imagine who would win in a CIN vs NE game in New England. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:22 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol yep. You don't always have to die on that hill. It's equally important to realize that, despite the 5-5 record, this team is not a playoff contender.

I was optimistic after our first few wins. But it's fair to look at what happened to us vs Saints and KC, and just admit that this team isn't going to make too much noise.

The "anything is possible" crowd will jump in and defend it, but the NFL is still predictable at times. It's not hard to imagine who would win in a CIN vs NE game in New England. 

Well, we do have games vs the Browns and Broncos next on the slate. I could easily see us at 7-5 and back in the playoff hunt after those 2 weeks. That said...this team will be in store for epic embarrassment (yet again) should they stumble into the playoffs. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote