Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Biggest Board Meltdown Ever
Would have been if:

We'd traded Mixon as many wanted and he would have had this week for another team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's get real.

No team would've taken his contract.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 08:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Let's get real.

Not really the point but, we've already paid the big guarantee money. 

Reply/Quote
It would have just shown it was the coaching. I still think they have to move on.

Biggest meltdown today is Carolina fans realizing the front office passed on 2 firsts and a 2nd for Burns. They were literally calling him that in their game day thread. “Two firsts and a second taken out by a TE”.
Although to be fair, 2 firsts from the Rams had to be in like ‘30 and ‘31.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It would have just shown it was the coaching. I still think they have to move on.

Biggest meltdown today is Carolina fans realizing the front office passed on 2 firsts and a 2nd for Burns. They were literally calling him that in their game day thread. “Two firsts and a second taken out by a TE”.
Although to be fair, 2 firsts from the Rams had to be in like ‘30 and ‘31.

You really think folks woulda pointed to The Coaching? 

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really think folks woulda pointed to The Coaching? 

Or the line I guess.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not really the point but, we've already paid the big guarantee money. 
What is the point really?

Okay.

What if they traded him and got a great player and Perine would've scored 5 TDs, but Mixon got 2 ypc on his new team?

The whole board erupts in joy!!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:27 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What is the point really?

Okay.

What if they traded him and got a great player and Perine would've scored 5 TDs, but Mixon got 2 ypc on his new team?

The whole board erupts in joy!!

The point is: We're fans and often have no idea what we're talking about. 

For instance, after the Browns game, everybody who owned an internet device started a thread about how we were done and cursed with a HC

Reply/Quote
Would have caused a meltdown on massive scale for sure, but the biggest on the boards ever is a it of a stretch.

The board goes has nuclear meltdowns over any little thing and probably always will.

But the Bengals going 33 years in between SB appearances while never ever winning one, plus 30 years straight without a playoff win is tinder for those meltdowns to happen a little prematurely too.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The point is: We're fans and often have no idea what we're talking about. 

For instance, after the Browns game, everybody who owned an internet device started a thread about how we were done and cursed with a HC

Pretty much.  Gotta agree with that.

If you told me last year's team was going to make it to the Superbowl early in the season I'd say you were high AF.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Pretty much.  Gotta agree with that.

If you told me last year's team was going to make it to the Superbowl early in the season I'd say you were high AF.

You might not have been wrong

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You might not have been wrong

Hilarious Cool
Reply/Quote
Hate to bring this one up, but I cannot see how trading Mixon only for him to score 5 TDs the next week, would have been nearly as big a board meltdown as the one that must have happened following the Steelers playoff game. I was on holiday so I was very lucky to both miss that game and this forum's reaction to it. But christ, it must have been (understandably) quite rabid in here around then.
Reply/Quote
This board melted down after every loss. Funny how a win brings back the bandwagon.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 08:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Let's get real.

If the Bengals would have accepted a 6th round pick, I'm sure someone would have taken the contract.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'd say the Bills board is in full blown meltdown right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 10:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say the Bills board is in full blown meltdown right now.

So many teams that were supposed to be good are garbage:

Indy

LA Rams

ARZ

Raiders

GB

Reply/Quote
Bengals would have won this week, anyway, IMO.

A thread, a few pages, sure. The biggest board meltdown ever? Nah.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:57 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: This board melted down after every loss. Funny how a win brings back the bandwagon.

If you stay after losses and are negative, you are deemed a hater.

If you avoid the boards after a loss (probably a wise choice), you are labeled a bandwagon.

LOL Jerry
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Would have been if:

We'd traded Mixon as many wanted and he would have had this week for another team.

Drafting Chase over Sewell is still a bigger meltdown than that would've been.
Reply/Quote