Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Biggest Board Meltdown Ever
(11-06-2022, 10:21 PM)Destro Wrote: Bengals would have won this week, anyway, IMO.

A thread, a few pages, sure. The biggest board meltdown ever? Nah.

It would get moved to the Around the NFL section.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The point is: We're fans and often have no idea what we're talking about. 

For instance, after the Browns game, everybody who owned an internet device started a thread about how we were done and cursed with a HC

Hey, I was wrong about Mixon being washed up I will admit that for sure after today's game but I was just going off of 
what I was seeing and Mixon wasn't. Doesn't mean I didn't know what I was talking about, he finally showed up and played
like the guy I have been defending for years. He was holding this Offense back with his bad vision a ton the first half of this
season. I don't care about that guy anymore, I care about the guy who showed up today. All in the past.

Hope to see this Joe Mixon from here on out. Thought he would be leading the league in rushing yards and TD's by now
with this OL who are supposed to be fantastic run blockers who showed up today along with Mixon. Cappa and Collins, wow.
Reply/Quote
Know we all deserve a good nun scolding and smacking our knuckles with a ruler violently, but seems more of a celebratory day to me.

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The point is: We're fans and often have no idea what we're talking about. 

For instance, after the Browns game, everybody who owned an internet device started a thread about how we were done and cursed with a HC

This just goes to show us,you can never count this team out.This team is a different breed.We’re not in the Andy Dalton era anymore,but the Joe Burrow era.They’ve proved me wrong more than once.I didn’t think they’d make it to the SB last year.
Reply/Quote
If Perine were in he could have replicated that success. He had some huge gaping holes to run through. So if we traded Mixon I think it’s very possible the board would feel good about the trade.

That said, there’s really bo way of knowing for sure either way how things would have turned out if Mixon were traded. We can speculate all we want and we’re just guessing.

I think it’s good to have the depth we have at running back and it’s not like we’d replace mixon’s salary if he were traded so it’s better off to have the depth (especially with all the injuries).
Reply/Quote

In my defense, I said bengals beat Carolina and everyone would jump back on the SB train.
Reply/Quote
Mixon proved a hell a lot of people wrong yesterday.

Anyone who was proved wrong doesn't need to apologize or make excuses for it, just be happy you were proved wrong and move on.
The success of the team is all that matters and peoples' egos or hurt pride don't matter one bit.

Any player on any team who'd had the kind of season Mixon had up to yesterday would have had a tonne of criticism and couldn't really have complained. I'm just really happy for Mixon that he was able to answer it in the best possible way...I don't think anyone saw that coming.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 12:29 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope to see this Joe Mixon from here on out.

I do too, but he's done this before, so I am not counting my Mixon Chickens yet.

In 2019 he was averaging 3.5ypc on the season through Week 13 and then lit up 3 of the final 4 games. 2020 he had 3.6 yards per carry on the season and 1 game where he had 151 rushing yards (at 6ypc) and 2 TD as well as 30 receiving yards and another TD. Just last year he had a 165 rushing yard (5.9 ypc) and 2 rushing TD game and followed it up with a 5 game stretch to finish the year where he averaged 56 rushing yards at 3.4ypc per game and not a single game of at least 3.9ypc. 

Mixon has always had the occasional game or two of dominance amid a sea of shit, with the exception of 2018 which I think where a lot of the hopes and beliefs in him were born. 

Again, I hope Mixon figured something out internally and externally, but we saw this with Jeremy Hill, too, with his 9 carry/168 yard game in 2016. 

Can't buy too hard into small sample sizes, both high and low ones.

...That's how you end up with threads about wanting people to eat crow because John Ross has a 7/158/2 week. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So many teams that were supposed to be good are garbage:

Indy

LA Rams

ARZ

Raiders

GB

Yup

Everybody had the AFC west dominating the AFC. Many had the Chiefs falling down and well... The Raiders stink, The Broncos with Wilson have been bad, the Chargers have struggled a good bit. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers need to just forfeit the rest of the season. The Rams have fell off a cliff. Brady should have stay retired.

Who had the Eagles being undefeated ??
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

Everybody had the AFC west dominating the AFC. Many had the Chiefs falling down and well... The Raiders stink, The Broncos with Wilson have been bad, the Chargers have struggled a good bit. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers need to just forfeit the rest of the season. The Rams have fell off a cliff. Brady should have stay retired.

Never bet on Derek Carr. 9th year and he's had 2 winning seasons. Even Matthew Stafford with the Lions had 4.

I am surprised that Russell Wilson stinks, though.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never bet on Derek Carr. 9th year and he's had 2 winning seasons. Even Matthew Stafford with the Lions had 4.

I am surprised that Russell Wilson stinks, though.

I think everyone is, but tbh Seattle were seemingly often an offence that struggled to get things going in quite a few games in his time there. 

I wouldn't count Denver out just yet though, the defence has given up 20 or more points in one game... They have the Chiefs twice, then the Titans, Chargers and Ravens, so it isnt an easy schedule, but if they can get it together on offence it wouldn't shock me if they win most of their games yet. But they will have to improve on offence by quite a bit from where they are. I wouldn't put money on them making it, but I dont think they're done just yet.
Reply/Quote
Biggest meltdown ever would have been if the Brown family sold naming rights of PBS  (Paycore) to the Rooney family and named it Rooney Stadium.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Would have been if:

We'd traded Mixon as many wanted and he would have had this week for another team.

It would be nice to get this effort every week out of your running back without your OC Callahan having to pump these guys up for a game and get them to start playing hard. Last year CJ would get these guys pumped up for games this year they have been lack luster when it comes to being hyped going into games. But if they gave 100% regardless of whether they got hyped up or not then we would have a lot better record.

We beat up on a 2-win team and even with Mixons great day he is still under 4 yards per carry for the year.

As a fan I hope they are turning a corner. Go Bengals
Reply/Quote
Just how it is with fans. A loss and everyone sucks, season is over. A win? Going to the SB BABY!

As for Mixon, he really ran hard and decisive today. Hopefully he can continue that as it would help a ton against Pittsburgh in 2 weeks, especially if Chase is not back by then.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I was on the Mixon needed more carries team..... what do you know they used the run game... why does it take so long
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

Was spot on that TB and GB would fall when most crowned them in the Greatest QB's this season thread. Said that the Rams were on the decline after selling out for the SB run and losing Whit and Miller too.

Never really predicted but don't know that I ever bought in to the Raiders or Bronco's just yet either, but thought the Raiders would be better than they are though. 

But could not have been further off base on thinking Kansas City would struggle with the loss of Hill, Robinson, and Pringle, and thought everybody would drop their DB's back like we did in playoffs and slow Mahomes down. Was dead wrong about the Chiefs empire crumbling and about the Chargers being a SB contender as well. 

Plus not in my wildest dreams did I see Jalen Hurt or Geno Smith doing what they're doing presently. Got to love the NFL it makes you look smart one minute and then chops you down the next. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I do too, but he's done this before, so I am not counting my Mixon Chickens yet.

In 2019 he was averaging 3.5ypc on the season through Week 13 and then lit up 3 of the final 4 games. 2020 he had 3.6 yards per carry on the season and 1 game where he had 151 rushing yards (at 6ypc) and 2 TD as well as 30 receiving yards and another TD. Just last year he had a 165 rushing yard (5.9 ypc) and 2 rushing TD game and followed it up with a 5 game stretch to finish the year where he averaged 56 rushing yards at 3.4ypc per game and not a single game of at least 3.9ypc. 

Mixon has always had the occasional game or two of dominance amid a sea of shit, with the exception of 2018 which I think where a lot of the hopes and beliefs in him were born. 

Again, I hope Mixon figured something out internally and externally, but we saw this with Jeremy Hill, too, with his 9 carry/168 yard game in 2016. 

Can't buy too hard into small sample sizes, both high and low ones.

...That's how you end up with threads about wanting people to eat crow because John Ross has a 7/158/2 week.  Ninja

Yeah, everything you're saying is true. It's just the nature of many fans. One good game is enough to right the ship! People will claim that Mixon has defeated the doubters and they knew all along he just needed more carries and time to get comfortable. Then, if he goes back to running for 3 yards per attempt, they will be absolutely silent until he has another good game and then they will bust out the "told you so's" again. 

I am really happy that he did so well yesterday and would love for him to find some consistent success, but I am not betting on it yet. He has looked awful for most of the season. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 01:46 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: This just goes to show us,you can never count this team out.This team is a different breed.We’re not in the Andy Dalton era anymore,but the Joe Burrow era.They’ve proved me wrong more than once.I didn’t think they’d make it to the SB last year.

They've been up and down all year. I don't think beating a 2-6 team proves anything at this point.

Let's see how they do against the Steelers, Titans, and Chiefs. Will they be 6-6 after that? Or will they be 7-5 or better? Or will they be 5-7? That will be telling.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 11:16 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, everything you're saying is true. It's just the nature of many fans. One good game is enough to right the ship! People will claim that Mixon has defeated the doubters and they knew all along he just needed more carries and time to get comfortable. Then, if he goes back to running for 3 yards per attempt, they will be absolutely silent until he has another good game and then they will bust out the "told you so's" again. 

I am really happy that he did so well yesterday and would love for him to find some consistent success, but I am not betting on it yet. He has looked awful for most of the season. 

Just look at Bears fans right now. Lol... Fields throws for 123 yards at 4.4 yards per attempt, but rushes for 178 yards and suddenly he's not just a franchise QB but possibly the best QB in the league and has reinvented the QB position to the new era of the NFL. Passing is no longer important. Nevermind that he lost, is on his second straight season of sub-60% completion, is averaging under 150 passing yards per game, and is on pace for 170-ish rushes this season that will end his career very early.

Reply/Quote
Message boards are made for people to give opinions, celebrate, and criticize and the Bengals earned some critiquing with their roller coaster play this season.

I've not been nearly as hard on them as some and always wanted to see how they emerged from the adversity before making a final judgement. Yet we've all been frustrated and confused with the lack of running game after obtaining an O-line that's strong point was supposed to be run blocking. Many felt it was a key to the Bengals success.

Actually seems like all the criticism may have lit a fire under the entire team after Burrow addressed it this week. Have not seen the team as focused and determined in all phases of the game all year as they were on Sunday. Hopefully they bring the same determination after the Bye week because they will need it still to make the playoffs and attempt another deep playoff run.

I still believe, and that game certainly helps me maintain the belief.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote