Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The CW - Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow
Is anyone here into these shows? I LOVED the first 2 seasons of Arrow. The 3rd was kinda meh. The first season of The Flash was pretty damn good too IMO. This Fall should be great if you're into these shows. Legends of Tomorrow looks fantastic. What do you all think?
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 02:21 PM)The Dangler Wrote: Is anyone here into these shows? I LOVED the first 2 seasons of Arrow. The 3rd was kinda meh. The first season of The Flash was pretty damn good too IMO. This Fall should be great if you're into these shows. Legends of Tomorrow looks fantastic. What do you all think?

I was glad I gave the CW a shot after I watched Arrow. Awesome show.

Flash is also pretty good, just haven't had time in between my other shows to finish it. 

Legends of tomorrow should be the beez kneez. 
Reply/Quote
I enjoy both Arrow and Flash. Looking forward to legends
Reply/Quote
Solid shows, both. Really liked The Flash this season and how it progressed and got stronger at the end of the season. Definitely did not see Barry trashing Dr. Wells' trip home happening! Should set up a very interesting Season 2 (October 6 as of now).

Arrow was a little weaker this season I agree, and wasn't a fan of the Ray Palmer side show. Would like to see Slade re-emerge to some extent.

Usually DVR these shows since my evenings are chewed up. Also DVR Agents of SHIELD faithfully during the same weeks. Those all rate up there with my other favorites - Walking Dead, Last Ship, Falling Skies (last season coming sadly), Strain, Defiance, Dr. Who, 12 Monkeys, Dark Matter, Killjoys looks promising, Legends looks promising, Dominion, Z-Nation, and some I'm sure I am forgetting......yeah, I'm a sci-fi junkie!! Rolleyes
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
I love Flash and Arrow, even if this past season of Arrow was weak.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I Netflix them, so I've finished 1-2 of Arrow, but no Flash and no Arrow 3. Looking forward to it, Arrow 2 was awesome.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 12:00 AM)Benton Wrote: I Netflix them, so I've finished 1-2 of Arrow, but no Flash and no Arrow 3. Looking forward to it, Arrow 2 was awesome.

They had some really cool episodes where Arrow ventures into the Flash universe and vice versa.
Reply/Quote
I loved the first two seasons of Arrow. As mentioned by many, the third was weaker. Hopefully they rebound for season four. I've read a few articles where (I believe it was Stephen Amell) said the fourth season will be lighter/more jokes, ect.

The Flash started off rocky for me, but really got stronger as it went along. It made up for the weaker Arrow season for me.

I'm looking forward to Legends. Caity Lotz is beautiful. My only reservation would be the Prison Break guys (Captain Cold .....and is his bro in the cast?). They were my least favourite aspects from the Flash. Questionable acting choices in my opinion - though they were given some cheesy lines to work with.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if arrow was written weaker to fit in the flash and introduce legends people.

Had to be hard to work all those into the storyline. I expect next season to be big.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 12:35 PM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: I loved the first two seasons of Arrow. As mentioned by many, the third was weaker. Hopefully they rebound for season four. I've read a few articles where (I believe it was Stephen Amell) said the fourth season will be lighter/more jokes, ect.

The Flash started off rocky for me, but really got stronger as it went along. It made up for the weaker Arrow season for me.

I'm looking forward to Legends. Caity Lotz is beautiful. My only reservation would be the Prison Break guys (Captain Cold .....and is his bro in the cast?). They were my least favourite aspects from the Flash. Questionable acting choices in my opinion - though they were given some cheesy lines to work with.

(06-22-2015, 01:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wonder if arrow was written weaker to fit in the flash and introduce legends people.  

Had to be hard to work all those into the storyline.   I expect next season to be big.

Captain Cold was one of my favorites. I think they made him cheesy on purpose and he owned it. 

And yes, I think next season of Arrow should be good. I just didn't feel as emotionally attached to the characters in season 3 like I did the first 2. 
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 11:58 AM)The Dangler Wrote: Captain Cold was one of my favorites. I think they made him cheesy on purpose and he owned it. 

And yes, I think next season of Arrow should be good. I just didn't feel as emotionally attached to the characters in season 3 like I did the first 2. 

Agreed too much going on..... Hopefully we can get back to arrow focus.   Merlin as Rhas is going to be interesting.

And yes capt cold was great. I like his sister as well. The character that annoyed me in the flash was iris. Her shenanigans all season long was annoying. I also liked how the flash was a little more hokey. I started out wondering if I would like it and I was hooked about mid season.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 11:58 AM)The Dangler Wrote: Captain Cold was one of my favorites. I think they made him cheesy on purpose and he owned it. 

Speaking of emotionally attached, am I the only one that doesn't care about Olicity?(Oliver and Felicity) It just doesn't feel organic to me.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 03:45 PM)Bryan Wrote: Speaking of emotionally attached, am I the only one that doesn't care about Olicity?(Oliver and Felicity) It just doesn't feel organic to me.

Yeah it was awkward the way they tied that up. I usually need to binge watch a season for a second look to get a better appreciation for it/or confirm what I've already thought (which I have not done with Arrow S3), but Oliver seemed so detached from the other characters this season that it felt odd to have the relationship with Felicity end up the way it did in the finale. I liked Felicity for the first two seasons but in the third season...well actually I had issues with pretty much every character in the third season.

(06-22-2015, 02:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And yes capt cold was great. I like his sister as well. The character that annoyed me in the flash was iris. Her shenanigans all season long was annoying. I also liked how the flash was a little more hokey. I started out wondering if I would like it and I was hooked about mid season.

Interesting - the admiration shown for Captain Cold. I respect the contrasting opinions expressed by the above posters. I'll have to watch it again to see what I missed. I liked the actor's performance (Wentworth Miller) in the first two seasons of "Prison Break".

And I get your feelings on Iris. Her character was kind of set up to fail in a way. Loves the Flash, but not Barry. Loves Eddy, pissed at the Flash. Hates Barry's girlfriend, mad at Joe, mad at everyone. My biggest question is why can just anyone walk in and out of Star Labs? They're doing some pretty important shit but Iris can just waltz in without some sort of access code or key and bust Barry? I'm not trying to rag on the show. I really like it. It started a little too light for me but got darker as the season progressed but still managed to maintain it's humour. Just like Arrow S1 and S2.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 09:31 PM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: Yeah it was awkward the way they tied that up. I usually need to binge watch a season for a second look to get a better appreciation for it/or confirm what I've already thought (which I have not done with Arrow S3), but Oliver seemed so detached from the other characters this season that it felt odd to have the relationship with Felicity end up the way it did in the finale. I liked Felicity for the first two seasons but in the third season...well actually I had issues with pretty much every character in the third season.

Interesting - the admiration shown for Captain Cold. I respect the contrasting opinions expressed by the above posters. I'll have to watch it again to see what I missed. I liked the actor's performance (Wentworth Miller) in the first two seasons of "Prison Break".

And I get your feelings on Iris. Her character was kind of set up to fail in a way. Loves the Flash, but not Barry. Loves Eddy, pissed at the Flash. Hates Barry's girlfriend, mad at Joe, mad at everyone. My biggest question is why can just anyone walk in and out of Star Labs? They're doing some pretty important shit but Iris can just waltz in without some sort of access code or key and bust Barry? I'm not trying to rag on the show. I really like it. It started a little too light for me but got darker as the season progressed but still managed to maintain it's humour. Just like Arrow S1 and S2.

Man I am with you on the star labs security. Ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed The Flash so much that I started watching Prison Break on Netflix this summer. I'll keep up with Arrow even though it seems weaker these days. And I'm looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow.

BTW, I also would recommend the CW show The 100 to anyone who likes good sci-fi. Not a comic book tie in or anything, but it really seems like it is going interesting places. I think it is only getting a short season though this year that will air in late winter, so a few more viewers couldn't hurt.

Reply/Quote
iZombie is also another good CW show.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 11:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: iZombie is also another good CW show.

Got to see all but the last episode (wife deleted it). Very good show.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 11:48 PM)Benton Wrote: Got to see all but the last episode (wife deleted it). Very good show.

Yes and you missed loads ...... You gotta see it.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 11:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: iZombie is also another good CW show.

Yup. As a long time couch potato I'm not embarrassed at all to admit I enjoyed Veronica Mars which was made by the same guy and has some similarities. Rob Thomas also made Party Down which was hilarious but nothing like Veronica Mars or iZombie. 

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 04:41 PM)Helldog Wrote: I was glad I gave the CW a shot after I watched Arrow. Awesome show.

Flash is also pretty good, just haven't had time in between my other shows to finish it. 

Legends of tomorrow should be the beez kneez. 

Damn me and ol girl binge watched Flash and finished it recently and man it ended up being pretty comparable to season 1 of Arrow.

Hard to say which show is better as Flash is a lot more recent and only 1 season in but I'm excited to see where it goes.

Also hope Arrow can rebound after a weaker( but still decent ) season. 

About to start on iZombie now as I've heard good things about it and the CW hasn't really let me down yet. 
Reply/Quote