Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Cadillac Tax"
(11-10-2015, 02:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice job at diverting an argument to a different point.  I'm sad that you sucked me in to this endless circular argument.  I should have been paying better attention.  BTW, what do any of these Q & A's have to do with the "Cadillac" tax, again?

Same point as yours.

What was the percent increase on the cost of your employer's health care coverage and why did the cost go up?
(11-09-2015, 10:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Explain how the medical industry isn't part of the free market?

Off topic, but I just wanted to be the first to wish you a Happy Veterans Day, and thank you for your service.  The fact that you chose to enlist after 911, and I chose to honor my family's wishes means a lot to me.  Thanks.

Not to be nosy, but what was your branch, rank, and unit?  I have family in the military, and it's a small world.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-10-2015, 02:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Off topic, but I just wanted to be the first to wish you a Happy Veterans Day, and thank you for your service.  The fact that you chose to enlist after 911, and I chose to honor my family's wishes means a lot to me.  Thanks.

Not to be nosy, but what was your branch, rank, and unit?  I have family in the military, and it's a small world.

Look, I know I give Lucie a hard time about the military thing, but it isn't to draw attention to myself.  My daughter asked me why I never stand when places ask the veterans to stand to recognize them for their service.  I explained that selfless service means believing in something important enough you will do for others who can't or won't do for themselves without recognition even at great personal risk.  The recognition makes me feel awkward and it kinda diminishes the selfless part of selfless service.  I appreciate the sentiment, but you don't ever need to thank me for anything.  I didn't join the Army for recognition.  I joined to get the f out of Ohio. (That's only partly a joke.)

I enlisted another lifetime ago in 1991.  I was an enlisted infantryman, private though SFC @ 3rd Ranger Battalion, 4th Ranger Training Battalion, and 101st (2/327).  Spent two years as an OSC candidate during PA school.  2LT, 1LT as a Battalion PA with 3rd Infantry.  Two months short of CPT when they medically seperated me.  Now I serve my local community as a PA treating the sick and injured.  Thanks in large part to the Army because I don't know how poor white trash from southern OhiA like me could have done it without the assistance.  (Like I joke with my wife: you might be poor white trash if your dad went to prison because he thought the best place to park the semi of stolen John Deere tractors was in the drive way in front of your trailer.  Shit, I thought we were middle class.)
(11-10-2015, 03:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Look, I know I give Lucie a hard time about the military thing, but it isn't to draw attention to myself.  My daughter asked me why I never stand when places ask the veterans to stand to recognize them for their service.  I explained that selfless service means believing in something important enough you will do for others who can't or won't do for themselves without recognition even at great personal risk.  The recognition makes me feel awkward and it kinda diminishes the selfless part of selfless service.  I appreciate the sentiment, but you don't ever need to thank me for anything.  I didn't join the Army for recognition.  I joined to get the f out of Ohio. (That's only partly a joke.)

I enlisted another lifetime ago in 1991.  I was an enlisted infantryman, private though SFC @ 3rd Ranger Battalion, 4th Ranger Training Battalion, and 101st (2/327).  Spent two years as an OSC candidate during PA school.  2LT, 1LT as a Battalion PA with 3rd Infantry.  Two months short of CPT when they medically seperated me.  Now I serve my local community as a PA treating the sick and injured.  Thanks in large part to the Army because I don't know how poor white trash from southern OhiA like me could have done it without the assistance.  (Like I joke with my wife: you might be poor white trash if your dad went to prison because he thought the best place to park the semi of stolen John Deere tractors was in the drive way in front of your trailer.  Shit, I thought we were middle class.)

Naw man, much respect to you.  The only reason I asked, was you made it seem as if you had just enlisted when 911 happened, when we had an interaction in a previous thread.  Clearly, you were already a serviceman for 10 years prior, at the time of 911.  Anyway, I still thank you for your service, and fully understand why you choose to remain anonymous when they call for veterans to stand.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-10-2015, 03:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Naw man, much respect to you.  The only reason I asked, was you made it seem as if you had just enlisted when 911 happened, when we had an interaction in a previous thread.  Clearly, you were already a serviceman for 10 years prior, at the time of 911.  Anyway, I still thank you for your service, and fully understand why you choose to remain anonymous when they call for veterans to stand.  

I'm from a town in Ohio that has an online petition to free the bears from the backyard of the former mayor.  My wife thougth I was joking.
(11-10-2015, 03:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm from a town in Ohio that has an online petition to free the bears from the backyard of the former mayor.  My wife thougth I was joking.

Zanesville?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-10-2015, 04:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Zanesville?

LOL.  No.  Zanesville is like the Big City.  In my little town, Fourth Street is the edge of town because there is no Fifth Street.  We lived in BFE so Fourth Street seemed like the Big City.  Actually, my little town is too small to be a town.  It's a village.
(11-10-2015, 04:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Zanesville?

I'm a half hour from there.
We had a guy with 2 black bears in his backyard,  too.