Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
(10-21-2022, 12:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
LOL LOL LOL

Just having fun with you Dalton Gang. Don’t kill me.

Sure, just remember we're also trying to get rid of a troll and fake Bengals fan at the same time...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean, laugh all you want, the saints with Dalton at the helm and only 1 starting WR have put up a ton of points since Andy took over

he also has a really high pff score
Reply/Quote
Andy and Mahomes are the only QB's to score more than 30 points on the AZ defense this season. With injuries even.

In fact besides those two only one scored over 20 points and it was only 23.

That includes the SB Champion Mathew Stafford, the only undefeated QB Jalen Hurt, Derek Carr, Baker Mayfield, and Geno Smith

Stand by my statement that I would be fine having Dalton as Bengals back up QB.

Is Andy great, once again no. But an average NFL QB would be a luxury as a #2.

If Burrow goes down the Bengals have no chance with Brandon Allen imho.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That being said, don't think Dalton would come back to Cincinnati.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:01 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Andy and Mahomes are the only QB's to score more than 30 points on the AZ defense this season. With injuries even.

That includes the SB Champion Mathew Stafford, the only undefeated QB Jalen Hurt, Derek Carr, Baker Mayfield, and Geno Smith

He’s not coming back here to play for coach that benched him on his birthday. He’ll probably keep getting these one year prove it type deals from teams that are in QB limbo.

Just saw your other post. Agreed.

Reply/Quote
I kinda think he's found a home in New Orleans. Even with the practice squad skill players (and how they caused a P6 and also dropped a bunch of passes including in the end zone) he still had 4 TD passes and the Saints only lost because of their own miscues on defense as well as offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:26 AM)Joelist Wrote: I kinda think he's found a home in New Orleans. Even with the practice squad skill players (and how they caused a P6 and also dropped a bunch of passes including in the end zone) he still had 4 TD passes and the Saints only lost because of their own miscues on defense as well as offense.

they've def been one of the best offenses in the league since he took over

and thats without Thomas and Landry

hope they re-sign him and fix that defense next year
Reply/Quote
To everyone bitching about moving this to Around the NFL, this thread is/was about the Bengals finally beating Andy Dalton which is a Bengals thread. We just added a few pages because Andy is playing Thursday night and we have nothing better to do tonight.

Also Andy threw 6 touchdowns tonight that was very impressive.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:26 AM)Joelist Wrote: I kinda think he's found a home in New Orleans. Even with the practice squad skill players (and how they caused a P6 and also dropped a bunch of passes including in the end zone) he still had 4 TD passes and the Saints only lost because of their own miscues on defense as well as offense.

I’m not so sure about that. Winston has another year on his deal, and it would cost the Saints $11.2 million to buy him out after this season. I think he’s their starter next year. I could see Dalton backing up for them again on the cheap though.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: To everyone bitching about moving this to Around the NFL, this thread is/was about the Bengals finally beating Andy Dalton which is a Bengals thread. We just added a few pages because Andy is playing Thursday night and we have nothing better to do tonight.

4*
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: To everyone bitching about moving this to Around the NFL, this thread is/was about the Bengals finally beating Andy Dalton which is a Bengals thread. We just added a few pages because Andy is playing Thursday night and we have nothing better to do tonight.

He did?

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:01 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Andy and Mahomes are the only QB's to score more than 30 points on the AZ defense this season. With injuries even.

Matthew Stafford is a shell of himself, hurt, and missing a lot of offensive talent that got him to the Super Bowl. Jalen Hurts is better, but he has a ton of talent around him. Carr's team has underperformed this year, but did have a hard schedule. Mayfield and/or the Panthers are god awful. Geno never amounted to much of anything until this year, but it's amazing to see him play so well out of nowhere almost.
Reply/Quote

For the year no doubt, but next year is a good year for QB's in the draft and teams love new shiny toys. 

Yet he is definitely trying to stake a claim to the job and hope he does. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He did?

Yeah 4 to New Orleans and 2 to Arizona.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:37 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah 4 to New Orleans and 2 to Arizona.

Ah, you’re correct sir. LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:36 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Matthew Stafford is a shell of himself, hurt, and missing a lot of offensive talent that got him to the Super Bowl. Jalen Hurts is better, but he has a ton of talent around him. Carr's team has underperformed this year, but did have a hard schedule. Mayfield and/or the Panthers are god awful. Geno never amounted to much of anything until this year, but it's amazing to see him play so well out of nowhere almost.

True but Dalton is leading a 2-5 team riddled with injuries himself.

Seems even ground to me and he doubled most of their production against Az

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
1 of the 2 Arizona belongs to the WR who bobbled it off his hands into the air...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 10:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Would you rather have lost? 

How do make a stupid leap of a question like that?

Would you rather we kept Andy? See, how that works?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not coming back here to play for coach that benched him on his birthday. He’ll probably keep getting these one year prove it type deals from teams that are in QB limbo.

Just saw your other post. Agreed.

I think the fans made more of him being benched on his birthday that he did. It's not like he was benched BECAUSE it was his birthday, it just happened to fall on the same day. There's not much chance he comes back here because there are 31 other teams, but I think if we gave him the best offer to be a backup, he'd take it. He and Jordan appeared to like it here.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the fans made more of him being benched on his birthday that he did. It's not like he was benched BECAUSE it was his birthday, it just happened to fall on the same day. There's not much chance he comes back here because there are 31 other teams, but I think if we gave him the best offer to be a backup, he'd take it. He and Jordan appeared to like it here.

He was plenty pissed at Taylor over the whole thing. I remember some snarky responses when he was questioned about it, and that was obviously not like him at all.

Reply/Quote