Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
Had Tim Tebow got to play the steelers more often he would still be in the league.

He owned those biotches !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Reggie Nelson also had a way of making the play against Pig Pen.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 01:24 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Fitting for tonight:

"Dalton has lost 11 straight prime-time matchups, the longest streak for any quarterback since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger. The Saints quarterback has also lost lost five straight prime-time games by 17-plus points -- also the longest streak by any QB since 1970. "

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-owns-longest-prime-time-losing-streak-since-merger-how-he-stacks-up-among-worst-qbs-in-spotlight/

These Daltonism Stats are too funny. Take the Cards -2.5!

Just put 1650 on the cards -2.5. Wins 1500
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 11:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Such a stupid take.

That's like saying the Bengals wasted 16 years with Marvin Lewis as the HC. Marvin, one of the highest winning percentages of Bengals coaches, brought us out of the NFL doldrums took us to multiple playoff appearances with multiple QBs including the supposedly crappy Dalton (how, btw, a head coach can be so great as to take a team to the playoffs with a "trash" QB yet not even win 1 playoff game even with a not-trash QB, I don't know).

Now, sure, Marvin should've been replaced sooner than he was, but Marvin, for most of his time here was a good HC. Just like Dalton, for most of his time here, was a slightly above average QB. 

Dalton's career 87.1 QB rating ranks him 39th amongst ALL NFL QBs in history (that have at least 1500 passing attempts)
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

39th out of almost 250 QBs. I’d say above average, when everything is taken into account, aka eyeball test in prime time. Hell, he’s ranked ahead of some HOF QBs on that list.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 11:16 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Tim Tebow has a 90 career playoff passer rating (35 pts higher than Dalton), with 2x the TDs thrown compared to Mandy.

LOl

Ah, there it is finally, you see him as a "Mandy" and he must have turned you down. No wonder you're so bitter over him. Unrequited love... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/cbssports/status/1583096448048046082?s=21&t=Ilul5Q2Z_NBW-PSljh2n1A

Only QB to lose 5 straight primetime starts by 17+ points (since 1970):

Andy Dalton
Reply/Quote
Now that he’s not playing us, rooting for him to continue to win!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 07:26 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Now that he’s not playing us, rooting for him to continue to win!

Exactly! I hope we are playing against him in the Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 03:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: True and the Houston loss would put on the defense not having LB'ers that could cover and it was exploited to the hilt. Which ultimately falls on coaches as well. 

Yet still the QB shares some responsibility unless he plays stellar. 

Made Owen Daniel look like Kellen Winslow.....the old man.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 03:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: That San Diego game was just bizarre, a whole team implosion. The one against the Colts we were so injured it was kinda insane (when Rex Burkhead is WR1 it is weird) and then during that game we lost Jeremy Hill right close to halftime. The Stealers one was just embarrassing with the total lack of self control (no matter how provoked it was and the blatant spearing of Gio was pretty provocative). 

While it was nice to get to the playoffs there was just something in the Marvin teams that they seemed to always implode in the playoffs, among other things our usually stout defense would suddenly forget how to stop the run. The Zac playoff team seemed determined not only to not implode but to prove everyone wrong. 

Absolutely spot on by memory. I didn't expect anything in Indy.... walking MASH unit. I was furious over the Benard hit. Looks like karma wound up handling that, not trying to be mean, but I'm jus sayin'. That amped the team up, and the refs lost control. That was a 1970s slobberknocker after that. Jerry Porter was just the icing on the cake. But still....to implode like that in such swift fashion was just nuts 

This group seems intent on righting a lot of wrongs. They seem to embrace the fans a lot more than the last few years....and doesn't hurt that the organization does now too.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 03:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Reggie Nelson also had a way of making the play against Pig Pen.

The Stiller Killer

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 07:39 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The Stiller Killer

Wyche! How you been doing buddy? Love you man.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 07:42 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Wyche! How you been doing buddy? Love you man.

What's up my man? Doing well, thanks for asking. Hope you are as well. Tiger

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 07:46 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: What's up my man? Doing well, thanks for asking. Hope you are as well. Tiger

I am doing great!You have a great summer?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 03:31 PM)Old Dipstick Wrote: IMO hes not a "poor" QB..hes a average QB at best that was better off the field..

I can agree with you. He was as good as the players around him. Unfortunately he was pretty awful in the playoffs, but so were the players around him.
Reply/Quote
Well took him all of one drive to make a throw he never did against us. Huge 50 yarder.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 09:20 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well took him all of one drive to make a throw he never did against us. Huge 50 yarder.

That was because of two things - we caught them with the receivers REALLY green (as in off the street) and for all our run defense glitches we weren't letting anyone get deep like that. Also, that was a beautiful pass right on Shaheed's hands and where only he could catch it.
Reply/Quote
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Give Andy a prime time game and watch him poop. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Oof. Pick 6 through the WR's hands and off his facemask, a deep ball dime bobbled incomplete, and then just an ugggly throw for another pick 6.

That's a brutal 3 plays there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote