Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
(10-19-2022, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a bit much. Joe Mixon has the same number of playoff TD passes as Andy Dalton…

I’d say the guy who turned the ball over 8x in 4 games (6 INT’s & 2 lost fumbles), only completed 55% of his passes, and put up a postseason passer rating of 57.8 probably had more to do with losing playoff games than a guy who bumped into an official once.

Dalton is responsible for his playoff losses for sure.

But Pacman and Burfict's bonehead plays along with Hill's fumble definitely lost that particular playoff game without question. Put it on Pacman and Burfict more than fumble per they were mental blunders and snatched defeat right out of the mouth of a certain victory for QB AJ McCarron. 

and of course the ref that allowed the coach on the field to bait the hothead. 

Unlike Achilles nobody will remember AJ McCarron because of this in history, but his wife will be long remembered per Brent Musberger drooling on his microphone. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh yeah, for sure. I just personally blame Pacman a lot less than Jeremy Hill and even Burfict for that disaster.

Jerry Porter didn’t belong on the field! LOL

Jerry Porter how did I forget who it was lol

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 08:37 PM)jason Wrote: He was an all pro return man and all pro shit head). He wasn't even the best corner on this team most of his time here. Again he did more to lose a playoff game as an individual than Andy Dalton ever did. That's undeniable fact. I'll  look to him for an opinion if I ever need to punch a woman. THAT'S the kind of thing he's known for.

Awe man, I wanted to let it go to see how long it would take him to realize that. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 12:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote:
Dalton is responsible for his playoff losses for sure.

But Pacman and Burfict's bonehead plays along with Hill's fumble definitely lost that particular playoff game without question. Put it on Pacman and Burfict more than fumble per they were mental blunders and snatched defeat right out of the mouth of a certain victory for QB AJ McCarron. 

and of course the ref that allowed the coach on the field to bait the hothead. 

Unlike Achilles nobody will remember AJ McCarron because of this in history, but his wife will be long remembered per Brent Musberger drooling on his microphone. 

I put the playoff losses squarely on the coaches. I have never seen entire teams come out so flat for big games as the Bengals did under Marvin. Heck, against SD they looked like they thought they could just mail it in.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 08:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I put the playoff losses squarely on the coaches. I have never seen entire teams come out so flat for big games as the Bengals did under Marvin. Heck, against SD they looked like they thought they could just mail it in.

Yeah, letting Danny Woodhead gash us, and removing BJGE from the game after the first half even though he averaging around five yards a pop (and for some odd reason historically ran well against SD) was all of Andy's fault too, lol. A lot of it absolutely was coaching, and Dalton made his share of mistakes.

Remember using AJ Green as a decoy in Houston? That was a sure sign of brilliance! I'm sure his QB thought that up all on his own. Rolleyes

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:16 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Yet he’s been a backup quarterback for 3 straight years. Lol

Flacco has been a backup QB for 3 straight years now, too. Guess that means that he too was a "backup at best" QB during his prime, despite his playoff prowess and Super Bowl win. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 09:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, letting Danny Woodhead gash us, and removing BJGE from the game after the first half even though he averaging around five yards a pop (and for some odd reason historically ran well against SD) was all of Andy's fault too, lol. A lot of it absolutely was coaching, and Dalton made his share of mistakes.

Remember using AJ Green as a decoy in Houston? That was a sure sign of brilliance! I'm sure his QB thought that up all on his own. Rolleyes

Also don't forget Gio fumbled the ball at the goal line after he caught a pass from Dalton. I love Gio, but that killed our momentum going into halftime. It was just an all-around team failure. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 10:50 AM)Garrus Wrote: Also don't forget Gio fumbled the ball at the goal line after he caught a pass from Dalton. I love Gio, but that killed our momentum going into halftime. It was just an all-around team failure.

Yep

The bulk of our playoff losses during the ML era were total team meltdowns. Averaging giving up like 160 yards rushing in 3 or 4 of them for example. 

Dalton for sure had his issues at times. But he wasn't anywhere near alone.
Reply/Quote
Tim Tebow has a 90 career playoff passer rating (35 pts higher than Dalton), with 2x the TDs thrown compared to Mandy.

LOl
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 11:16 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Tim Tebow has a 90 career playoff passer rating (35 pts higher than Dalton), with 2x the TDs thrown compared to Mandy.

LOl

And yet Dalton is 100x the QB tebow ever was. 1 fluke game doesn't mean much. Unless you are a troll. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 11:16 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Tim Tebow has a 90 career playoff passer rating (35 pts higher than Dalton), with 2x the TDs thrown compared to Mandy.

LOl

Tim Tebow has a CAREER passer rating of 75.3 (12 pts LOWER than Dalton). 

(10-20-2022, 11:24 AM)Garrus Wrote: And yet Dalton is 100x the QB tebow ever was. 1 fluke game doesn't mean much. Unless you are a troll. 

At this point, if anyone doesn't realize ATOTR is trolling, they just don't belong on the internet.
Reply/Quote
Dalton hasnt had a winning record as a teams qb since 2015, lol. 7 years ago.

that is amusing
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 12:42 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Dalton hasnt had a winning record as a teams qb since 2015, lol.    7 years ago.  

that is amusing

And, yet, he still has a career winning record OVER .500. 

Pretty good for a "trash" QB
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 12:42 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Dalton hasnt had a winning record as a teams qb since 2015, lol.    7 years ago.  

that is amusing

Your pathetic attempts of trying to prove Dalton is a poor QB is amusing. Better not let your teacher catch you on your device in class.
Reply/Quote
Fitting for tonight:

"Dalton has lost 11 straight prime-time matchups, the longest streak for any quarterback since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger. The Saints quarterback has also lost lost five straight prime-time games by 17-plus points -- also the longest streak by any QB since 1970. "

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-owns-longest-prime-time-losing-streak-since-merger-how-he-stacks-up-among-worst-qbs-in-spotlight/

These Daltonism Stats are too funny. Take the Cards -2.5!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 10:50 AM)Garrus Wrote: Also don't forget Gio fumbled the ball at the goal line after he caught a pass from Dalton. I love Gio, but that killed our momentum going into halftime. It was just an all-around team failure. 

Yes, and the usually reliable AJ Green dropped a sure TD right in the bread basket in that game as well, if I'm remembering right. For some reason, Marvin's teams always seemed so tight the brighter the lights got. Maybe he put too much pressure on them? I dunno, but it was a Hallmark of his tenure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 01:16 PM)Mer Wrote: Your pathetic attempts of trying to prove Dalton is a poor QB is amusing. Better not let your teacher catch you on your device in class.

IMO hes not a "poor" QB..hes a average QB at best that was better off the field..
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 08:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I put the playoff losses squarely on the coaches. I have never seen entire teams come out so flat for big games as the Bengals did under Marvin. Heck, against SD they looked like they thought they could just mail it in.

True and the Houston loss would put on the defense not having LB'ers that could cover and it was exploited to the hilt. Which ultimately falls on coaches as well. 

Yet still the QB shares some responsibility unless he plays stellar. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 03:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, and the usually reliable AJ Green dropped a sure TD right in the bread basket in that game as well, if I'm remembering right. For some reason, Marvin's teams always seemed so tight the brighter the lights got. Maybe he put too much pressure on them? I dunno, but it was a Hallmark of his tenure.

That San Diego game was just bizarre, a whole team implosion. The one against the Colts we were so injured it was kinda insane (when Rex Burkhead is WR1 it is weird) and then during that game we lost Jeremy Hill right close to halftime. The Stealers one was just embarrassing with the total lack of self control (no matter how provoked it was and the blatant spearing of Gio was pretty provocative). 

While it was nice to get to the playoffs there was just something in the Marvin teams that they seemed to always implode in the playoffs, among other things our usually stout defense would suddenly forget how to stop the run. The Zac playoff team seemed determined not only to not implode but to prove everyone wrong. 
Reply/Quote

LOl

That is just because he punked the steelers in the playoffs. 

That was comic relief at its finest. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote