Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
(10-17-2022, 03:28 AM)Trademark Wrote: The Dalton bashing is really uncalled for, Dalton and Green have the Bengals a lot of great years and Dalton did a lot of stuff for the community as did his wife....Dalton is an upstanding guy

Dalton was the 2nd best QB in his draft. He did so many good things for this team and city. I would love if he finished his career backing up Burrow. I think he’s a good mentor and an instant upgrade over Allen. I doubt it happens, but if he’s willing I wouldn’t say no.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: Yea, I'll always love Dalton. Nothing but a class act

And he will likely get zero praise, but he was out there with a bunch of practice squad WRs and still made a game of it.  Sure, they ran the heck out of the ball, but made some nice plays as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:38 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Dalton was the 2nd best QB in his draft. He did so many good things for this team and city. I would love if he finished his career backing up Burrow. I think he’s a good mentor and an instant upgrade over Allen. I doubt it happens, but if he’s willing I wouldn’t say no.

Just curious who you have at the top because, unless I'm mistaken, his entire QB class was hogwash. Newton had only one good year and Kap.....well that one speaks for itself so that this doesn't go to P&R.
Reply/Quote
They wasted 9 years on dalton. A decade of opportunity flushed down the drain on a backup level QB. Cause they were too afraid to make any changes or attempt to get better at the position.

9 years. Dalton was below league avg in passer rating/QBR 5 of those 9 years. (Below 16th of 32 qualified starters)

He was 16th once

And he was better than league average just 3 times in 9 years.

Playoff Stats: 55% completion, 1 TD. 6 INT, 4 Fumbles, 57 Rating

There is a reason why, at age 32 when he was released, the only job he has had since is as a backup QB.

6-19 in primetime games. 3-13 vs Pittsburgh

And he owns 2 of the 5 lowest rated passer ratings games in NFL history.

Andy blows
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 11:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Glad we pulled out the win, but also glad to see Dalton still starting games in the NFL.

Word is that he may have taken the job from Jameis, and rightfully so. Good for him.

Yep

And you know with Dalton starting, and I'd bet there's a decent chance he will. If they get Olave, Thomas, and Landry back soon enough they could make some noise before it's over.

I'd love to see Dalton knock the Rams or Bucs out of playoffs with a win. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:48 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Just curious who you have at the top because, unless I'm mistaken, his entire QB class was hogwash. Newton had only one good year and Kap.....well that one speaks for itself so that this doesn't go to P&R.

Newton is ahead. Newton was an MVP and had other good seasons. Dalton was good but 0 playoff wins holds him back at the top. I wasn’t even considering Kaepernick.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 12:19 AM)Joelist Wrote: I'd love to see Andy take the Saints to the Super Bowl this year to play us!

If we lose a Super Bowl to Andy Dalton that is it. I’m out.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:48 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Just curious who you have at the top because, unless I'm mistaken, his entire QB class was hogwash. Newton had only one good year and Kap.....well that one speaks for itself so that this doesn't go to P&R.

Dalton was a slightly more consistent passer, but Newton was better overall. From 2011-2019, I have Newton as the 20th best QB, including rushing/passing. I have Dalton as the 25th. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:55 AM)ATOTR Wrote: They wasted 9 years on dalton.  A decade of opportunity flushed down the drain on a backup level QB.   Cause they were too afraid to make any changes or attempt to get better at the position.

9 years.  Dalton was below league avg in passer rating/QBR 5 of those 9 years.  (Below 16th of 32 qualified starters)

He was 16th once

And he was better than league average just 3 times in 9 years.

Playoff Stats: 55% completion,  1 TD. 6 INT, 4 Fumbles,  57 Rating

There is a reason why, at age 32 when he was released, the only job he has had since is as a backup QB.  

6-19 in primetime games.   3-13 vs Pittsburgh

And he owns 2 of the 5 lowest rated passer ratings games in NFL history.

Andy blows

Dalton was above average, he does not "blow". You have no idea what you are talking about. 

He might not have played well in primetime games, but he wasn't the only one. Usually, the entire team was bad. Our primetime/playoff failures were on Marvin Lewis more so than Andy Dalton (Save for 2013 against SD). 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:38 AM)Garrus Wrote: Dalton was above average, he does not "blow". You have no idea what you are talking about. 

He might not have played well in primetime games, but he wasn't the only one. Usually, the entire team was bad. Our primetime/playoff failures were on Marvin Lewis more so than Andy Dalton (Save for 2013 against SD). 

He was below average, and I am not sure why you'd refuse to just accept the stats/facts and the reality of that. 

He was and is a backup QB -   His own players said this publicly. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:12 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dalton was a slightly more consistent passer, but Newton was better overall. From 2011-2019, I have Newton as the 20th best QB, including rushing/passing. I have Dalton as the 25th. 

I would agree with this.  Which makes him below league average 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 01:57 AM)Joelist Wrote: I do wonder why he even posts here as he is apparently not a Bengals fan. 

There are several of them posting in Jungle Noise these days....
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Dalton come back here in Allen's place. Burrow gets us to the Super Bowl, and by the 3rd quarter gets us a huge lead. Andy comes in and QBs the 4th quarter. Joe gets a ring. Andy gets a ring, with both playing, here in Cincy, and all is right with the world
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:38 AM)Garrus Wrote: Dalton was above average, he does not "blow". You have no idea what you are talking about. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/1/14/22883546/adam-pacman-jones-upgrading-from-andy-dalton-to-joe-burrow-is-why-these-bengals-are-different

"Andy was nowhere near as good, as poised, as anything as Joe Burrow. Andy was a decent quarterback, a backup at his best"
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There are several of them posting in Jungle Noise these days....

Why? Because we don't like a QB that can't win one playoff game in nine years. He did do good things for the city but AD was a wet noodle on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:20 PM)ATOTR Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/1/14/22883546/adam-pacman-jones-upgrading-from-andy-dalton-to-joe-burrow-is-why-these-bengals-are-different

"Andy was nowhere near as good, as poised, as anything as Joe Burrow. Andy was a decent quarterback, a backup at his best"

Because Joe Burrow is great. Andy Dalton was only above average. Thus he had above average results (5 straight playoff years with 2 division titles). Below average QBs are like Daniel Jones, Trubisky, Drew Lock, etc. Dalton is much better than all of those guys. I would even be fine with saying Dalton was at worst an average QB, but he was not below average. 

He would not elevate your roster, but he was not this giant anchor that would cost you games either (for the most part, every QB has those games, even Joe Burrow). 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:24 PM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Why? Because we don't like a QB that can't win one playoff game in nine years. He did do good things for the city but AD was a wet noodle on the field.

Was he a playoff quality QB? No. Was he good enough to get us to the playoffs? 5 years in a row isn't bad. Andy did a lot of good things here. Why is there so much unjustified hatred for him? 
Reply/Quote
Dalton took over a franchise that hadn't won much since Boomer, took them to the playoffs 5 years in a row and 2 Division titles. Some people just have issues period.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:30 PM)Garrus Wrote: Because Joe Burrow is great. Andy Dalton was only above average. Thus he had above average results (5 straight playoff years with 2 division titles). Below average QBs are like Daniel Jones, Trubisky, Drew Lock, etc. Dalton is much better than all of those guys. I would even be fine with saying Dalton was at worst an average QB, but he was not below average. 

He would not elevate your roster, but he was not this giant anchor that would cost you games either (for the most part, every QB has those games, even Joe Burrow). 

If andy was above average, he would have had above average stats.  As I showed you,  he was in the bottom 50% of QBs most of his seasons in Cincy. 

And that is why the only job he was offered at age 32 was a backup gig.  Then another backup gig, and then a 3rd. 

I get that you like the guy.  But the facts and numbers and performance show he was below avg.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:30 PM)Mer Wrote: Was he a playoff quality QB? No. Was he good enough to get us to the playoffs? 5 years in a row isn't bad. Andy did a lot of good things here. Why is there so much unjustified hatred for him? 

Why are there so many fans still enamored and protective over him?

His own players say he was a backup caliber qb - Ill trust that assessment (And the stats that back it up) opposed to the sentimental feelings of Dalton fans on a message board. 
Reply/Quote