Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
First Team all Pro Bengal, who was a top 10 pick and one of the best at his position for 5-7 years, says Dalton was a backup QB.

And our fans on a message board, who have never thrown a football more than 25 yards, disagree.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:21 AM)ATOTR Wrote: First Team all Pro Bengals,  who was a top 10 pick and one of the best at his position for 5-7 years, says Dalton was a backup QB.

And our fans on a message board, who have never thrown a football more than 25 yards, disagree.

You do realize Andy Dalton has been gone for several years now and we've moved on to a new era, don't you ?? Why keep digging this into the ground ??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You do realize Andy Dalton has been gone for several years now and we've moved on to a new era, don't you ?? Why keep digging this into the ground ??

Im doing the same thing these other posters are(But taking the opposite side), and I actually have stats to back it up.  

Why are so many bengals fans obsessed with defending a below average, 9 year waste of time, noodle arm QB who pissed down his leg in every big game?   Who knows, man.  Maybe a lot of you bought his jersey and got his autograph.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:53 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: But we got John Ross in 2017, so.......

Jonathan Allen wouldn't be much help with our banged up DT situation right now.... **** whoever pulled the trigger on that pick.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's 35 and was taking the beatings here before Joe Burrow made it cool.

He's not the same guy he was in 2015. Even then, he was kinda middling as a starter.

Teams don't commit to aging starters who were middling at their peak, and on the decline.

He's on the verge of taking a former number 1 overall pick's job, and handled himself pretty well with a practice squad WR corps against a pretty solid defense the other day.... But the Dalton talk will apparently never die in these parts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I guess this is the annual Dalton debate thread.  Forward to the year is 2042 and people are still arguing about Dalton.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:34 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Im doing the same thing these other posters are(But taking the opposite side), and I actually have stats to back it up.  

Why are so many bengals fans obsessed with defending a below average, 9 year waste of time, noodle arm QB who pissed down his leg in every big game?   Who knows, man.  Maybe a lot of you bought his jersey and got his autograph.

Or maybe fans here like that, unlike the QB before him, he was a great guy and never said anything bad about the city or fans even if he wasn't a HOF. 

If you have such a hang-up over it, there's an X at the top of the page you can press and all your worries just disappear. You should really try it. It does work.  Wink
Reply/Quote
The worst thing to happen to the Bengals was being good enough to make the playoffs but not be a true threat.

However with Mike Brown loyalty to coaches & players who knows how long Dalton still would of been around.

"Prime Dalton" was a good starter not every team can have a franchise QB. That's how I see it.. only blame I see is FO either refused to see it or didn't care.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What about the 4 years after the last playoff game?

I don't believe that was all on Dalton. The entire team was getting too long in the tooth and it was showing. As far as I know, Dalton is the only one still putting up decent numbers from those teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:14 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I guess this is the annual Dalton debate thread.  Forward to the year is 2042 and people are still arguing about Dalton.   Tongue

It was only a few years ago when people finally stopped discussing Carson at length, so we appear to be right on schedule with the Andy discussions. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:49 PM)ATOTR Wrote: If Andy dalton was above average.

Why is the only job he can get in the nfl 1 year backup jobs?

Complete bullshit from a troll. I'll explain it but I'm sure you'll still post the same stupid crap in a couple of weeks.

Dallas . . . Released by the Bengals after Free Agency and after the Draft. Only a dunce would need to have it explained to them why all 32 starting QB positions in the NFL were filled after FA and the Draft. I'm here if you need me.

Chicago . . . Signed as a starter in FA . . . Like almost all of the NFL world, Chicago had no idea that San Fran was going to pass on Fields and take Lance. When Fields fell, Chicago traded up and got the guy they coveted but going in had no real expectations of getting him. Dalton was injured in game 2 against the Bengals and by the time he was healthy enough to come back, the season was pretty much lost so the Bears went into "Just Let The Kid Learn On The Field" mode.

New Orleans . . . I honestly believe that he went here because he felt that this was a spot that he could win. He probably could have gotten the job in Seattle but their defense is weak and New Orleans has had a solid defense for years, ask Tom Brady. They had no plans of taking an early QB so if he wins the job over Winston, he has his best shot of playing two years with a team, most likely grooming next years rookie QB. Winston wins the job in camp because he's been in the system for awhile . . . now that Dalton has shown he has a better control of the offense than in pre-season, he'll probably keep the job going forward.

Or is that not what you wanted to read?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I've know Andy for A LONG time. Played against him in High School and was a teammate of his for 4 years at TCU. Dude is nothing but a class act and a heck of a QB who probably could have been the MVP in 2015 had he stayed healthy.

Never the biggest arm or the most mobile, but sneaky athletic and large framed. And a HELL of a leader. We would have followed him to battle anywhere. I wasn't on the Rose Bowl team but still knew all those guys too and they said the same thing.

Not bad for a guy who had no P5 offers out of High School and people wanted benched during his Sophomore year. I hope he keeps playing and getting those NFL checks, but as soon as he retires we're ready to welcome him back to Fort Worth and the TCU community with open arms.
Reply/Quote
3-time Pro Bowler who took a heck of a beating here with some of the lines we had.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 05:23 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: I've know Andy for A LONG time. Played against him in High School and was a teammate of his for 4 years at TCU. Dude is nothing but a class act and a heck of a QB who probably could have been the MVP in 2015 had he stayed healthy.

Never the biggest arm or the most mobile, but sneaky athletic and large framed. And a HELL of a leader. We would have followed him to battle anywhere. I wasn't on the Rose Bowl team but still knew all those guys too and they said the same thing.

Not bad for a guy who had no P5 offers out of High School and people wanted benched during his Sophomore year. I hope he keeps playing and getting those NFL checks, but as soon as he retires we're ready to welcome him back to Fort Worth and the TCU community with open arms.

I was an Andy fan during his tenure, but I do have to touch on the MVP talk for 2015. Many of us, myself included, have really blown up his chances of winning that MVP. By the time he was injured, he was essentially out of the race. Vegas had him at +4000, behind Carson Palmer. So, technically, he was in the conversation, but had no real chance. I have poked through some historical data that is around the internet, and I never saw him with better odds than +3500.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 05:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I was an Andy fan during his tenure, but I do have to touch on the MVP talk for 2015. Many of us, myself included, have really blown up his chances of winning that MVP. By the time he was injured, he was essentially out of the race. Vegas had him at +4000, behind Carson Palmer. So, technically, he was in the conversation, but had no real chance. I have poked through some historical data that is around the internet, and I never saw him with better odds than +3500.

The closer we got to the Super Bowl, the more those odds would have changed. Without the thumb injury, there wasn't a team in the league that could mark the Bengals game as a sure W
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 05:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 3-time Pro Bowler who took a heck of a beating here with some of the lines we had.

I'll never forget the Buffalo game where they had to help him off the field, and he came back the very next series.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:34 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Complete bullshit from a troll. I'll explain it but I'm sure you'll still post the same stupid crap in a couple of weeks.

Dallas . . . Released by the Bengals after Free Agency and after the Draft. Only a dunce would need to have it explained to them why all 32 starting QB positions in the NFL were filled after FA and the Draft. I'm here if you need me.

Chicago . . . Signed as a starter in FA . . . Like almost all of the NFL world, Chicago had no idea that San Fran was going to pass on Fields and take Lance. When Fields fell, Chicago traded up and got the guy they coveted but going in had no real expectations of getting him. Dalton was injured in game 2 against the Bengals and by the time he was healthy enough to come back, the season was pretty much lost so the Bears went into "Just Let The Kid Learn On The Field" mode.

New Orleans . . . I honestly believe that he went here because he felt that this was a spot that he could win. He probably could have gotten the job in Seattle but their defense is weak and New Orleans has had a solid defense for years, ask Tom Brady. They had no plans of taking an early QB so if he wins the job over Winston, he has his best shot of playing two years with a team, most likely grooming next years rookie QB. Winston wins the job in camp because he's been in the system for awhile . . . now that Dalton has shown he has a better control of the offense than in pre-season, he'll probably keep the job going forward.

If Andy was above average. He would have found a starting spot on one of those 32 teams. Had 4.5 months from his release to the start of the season. Like 18 teams still had QB battles for their #1 spot. Lol

And I like your make believe anecdotes on the other 2 backup jobs that you’ve dreamed up. You’re literally making up fantasy’s to explain why dalton is only a backup qb
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:26 PM)Mer Wrote: If you have such a hang-up over it, there's an X at the top of the page you can press and all your worries just disappear. You should really try it. It does work.  Wink

You know that applies to you to right? It does work. Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The closer we got to the Super Bowl, the more those odds would have changed. Without the thumb injury, there wasn't a team in the league that could mark the Bengals game as a sure W

The Super Bowl wouldn't have mattered for MVP voting - they vote before the playoffs begin. You are correct, though. That team was so good. I was so confident that season. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:34 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Complete bullshit from a troll. I'll explain it but I'm sure you'll still post the same stupid crap in a couple of weeks.

I read thru all that "bullshit" and still didn't see the magic words: Andy Dalton won a playoff game with (insert team name here). Something you will never read anywhere at anytime..

Only a "dunce" would need to have it explained to them that after 5 trips to the playoffs and 5 bricks AD was a better off the field QB than a on the field QB.

Reply/Quote