Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
(10-18-2022, 04:34 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Complete bullshit from a troll. I'll explain it but I'm sure you'll still post the same stupid crap in a couple of weeks.

Dallas . . . Released by the Bengals after Free Agency and after the Draft. Only a dunce would need to have it explained to them why all 32 starting QB positions in the NFL were filled after FA and the Draft. I'm here if you need me.

Chicago . . . Signed as a starter in FA . . . Like almost all of the NFL world, Chicago had no idea that San Fran was going to pass on Fields and take Lance. When Fields fell, Chicago traded up and got the guy they coveted but going in had no real expectations of getting him. Dalton was injured in game 2 against the Bengals and by the time he was healthy enough to come back, the season was pretty much lost so the Bears went into "Just Let The Kid Learn On The Field" mode.

New Orleans . . . I honestly believe that he went here because he felt that this was a spot that he could win. He probably could have gotten the job in Seattle but their defense is weak and New Orleans has had a solid defense for years, ask Tom Brady. They had no plans of taking an early QB so if he wins the job over Winston, he has his best shot of playing two years with a team, most likely grooming next years rookie QB. Winston wins the job in camp because he's been in the system for awhile . . . now that Dalton has shown he has a better control of the offense than in pre-season, he'll probably keep the job going forward.

Or is that not what you wanted to read?

I can’t stop laughing at this. You say I’m a troll and bullshit

Then proceed to create 3 made up stories to explain why Andy Dalton has been and still is only a back up nfl qb since he left cincy.

You’re saying he’s not a backup. But he factually has been one for 3 seasons. And on top of that, you’ve created a fake backstory 3 times to explain why that’s the case. Talk about BS. And hilarity
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:34 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Complete bullshit from a troll. I'll explain it but I'm sure you'll still post the same stupid crap in a couple of weeks.

Dallas . . . Released by the Bengals after Free Agency and after the Draft. Only a dunce would need to have it explained to them why all 32 starting QB positions in the NFL were filled after FA and the Draft. I'm here if you need me.

Chicago . . . Signed as a starter in FA . . . Like almost all of the NFL world, Chicago had no idea that San Fran was going to pass on Fields and take Lance. When Fields fell, Chicago traded up and got the guy they coveted but going in had no real expectations of getting him. Dalton was injured in game 2 against the Bengals and by the time he was healthy enough to come back, the season was pretty much lost so the Bears went into "Just Let The Kid Learn On The Field" mode.

New Orleans . . . I honestly believe that he went here because he felt that this was a spot that he could win. He probably could have gotten the job in Seattle but their defense is weak and New Orleans has had a solid defense for years, ask Tom Brady. They had no plans of taking an early QB so if he wins the job over Winston, he has his best shot of playing two years with a team, most likely grooming next years rookie QB. Winston wins the job in camp because he's been in the system for awhile . . . now that Dalton has shown he has a better control of the offense than in pre-season, he'll probably keep the job going forward.

Yep. This is pretty much what happened. The Chicago episode was especially funny as they shoved Fields in and he has been execrable. I live here and the Bears are already ready to move on from Fields. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:34 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Complete bullshit from a troll. I'll explain it but I'm sure you'll still post the same stupid crap in a couple of weeks.

Andy Dalton was released on 30 April. Training Camp doesn't start to well after that. So explain to me how all 32 teams have settled their starting QB battle before the start of training camp because I don't think that's the case. 

Am I just too much of a dunce to see it or are you spinning something other than vinyl?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The closer we got to the Super Bowl, the more those odds would have changed. Without the thumb injury, there wasn't a team in the league that could mark the Bengals game as a sure W

Literally before Hill, Burfict, and Pacman (I'm assuming the latter was the guy that called Dalton a backup... Dude nailed the final one in the coffin, and is a scumbag. His opinion carries no weight) blew a win, McCarron was the reason we didn't wipe the floor with the Steelers in January of 2016. THAT team had a real shot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dalton owns 2 of the 5 worst passer rated games in nfl history

I’m sure that’s just a fluke tho
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 08:59 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Dalton owns 2 of the 5 worst passer rated games in nfl history

I’m sure that’s just a fluke tho

Burrow literally had a game where he turned the ball over 5 times and still ended up with a passer rating 30x higher than Andy’s worst game. LOL

Reply/Quote
Did you know that there are over a hundred instances of a QB posting a passer rating of zero in a game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_quarterbacks_who_have_posted_a_passer_rating_of_zero

The list includes both Mannings, Dan Fouts, Terry Bradshaw, Warren Moon, Brandon Allen, Ryan Finley and others. I admit I was surprised it did not include Ty Detmer's 7 INT game but I guess he managed not to be a zero (somehow he managed a 35.1).
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: Did you know that there are over a hundred instances of a QB posting a passer rating of zero in a game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_quarterbacks_who_have_posted_a_passer_rating_of_zero

The list includes both Mannings, Dan Fouts, Terry Bradshaw, Warren Moon, Brandon Allen, Ryan Finley and others. I admit I was surprised it did not include Ty Detmer's 7 INT game but I guess he managed not to be a zero (somehow he managed a 35.1).

According to that list, the two most recent examples have been Bengals: Ryan Finley on November 22, 2020, and Brandon Allen on January 3, 2021.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: Did you know that there are over a hundred instances of a QB posting a passer rating of zero in a game?

Well, Peyton’s came when he was basically a reanimated corpse his last year in Denver. Not sure why you mentioned Finley and Brandon Allen like that makes it any better. LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:34 PM)Old Dipstick Wrote: I read thru all that "bullshit" and still didn't see the magic words: Andy Dalton won a playoff game with (insert team name here). Something you will never read anywhere at anytime..

Only a "dunce" would need to have it explained to them that after 5 trips to the playoffs and 5 bricks AD was a better off the field QB than a on the field QB.

If playoffs are all that matter to you . . . why are you here in October? Because you and your cries of "Playoffs are all that matters" are full of shit.

Bengals fans, of all people, somehow acting like January is all that matters . . . while whining 12 months a year.

Some people just don't know how to handle new money.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, Peyton’s came when he was basically a reanimated corpse his last year in Denver. Not sure why you mentioned Finley and Brandon Allen like that makes it any better. LOL

I saw them on the list and thought it was funny. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, Peyton’s came when he was basically a reanimated corpse his last year in Denver. Not sure why you mentioned Finley and Brandon Allen like that makes it any better. LOL

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20667616/cincinnati-bengals-qb-andy-dalton-was-historically-bad-week-1

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/7/7173031/andy-dalton-bengals-browns-performance

Andy Dalton had a 81.8 passer rating from 2019-20, the 2nd-worst among all QBs with at least 20 starts. The only guy with a worse rating in that span is Sam Darnold (79.1).

Dalton rocked so hard.  Remember when he would not cuss and had to wear a rubber wedding band, lol 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: I saw them on the list and thought it was funny. 

Everyone knows the true talent of Vanilla Vick is with his legs. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:56 PM)ATOTR Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20667616/cincinnati-bengals-qb-andy-dalton-was-historically-bad-week-1

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/7/7173031/andy-dalton-bengals-browns-performance

Andy Dalton had a 81.8 passer rating from 2019-20, the 2nd-worst among all QBs with at least 20 starts. The only guy with a worse rating in that span is Sam Darnold (79.1).

Dalton rocked so hard.  Remember when he would not cuss and had to wear a rubber wedding band, lol 

I have actually seen that a lot more since then. He was made fun of initially but it seems like he was ahead of the fad. Just way too practical and helpful.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/215875/the-wedding-rings-the-thing-silicone-bands-growing-trend-in-nfl

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I have actually seen that a lot more since then. He was made fun of initially but it seems like he was ahead of the fad. Just way too practical and helpful.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/215875/the-wedding-rings-the-thing-silicone-bands-growing-trend-in-nfl

They are amazing. I wear them all the time, especially when I am exercising. Lifting weights with a metallic ring sucks. I actually had a buddy of mine play basketball with his wedding ring and he lost his finger when he went to dunk. The ring got caught in the rim and ripped his finger off.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:34 PM)Old Dipstick Wrote: I read thru all that "bullshit" and still didn't see the magic words: Andy Dalton won a playoff game with (insert team name here). Something you will never read anywhere at anytime..

Only a "dunce" would need to have it explained to them that after 5 trips to the playoffs and 5 bricks AD was a better off the field QB than a on the field QB.

Four trips.....just sayin'

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:17 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They are amazing. I wear them all the time, especially when I am exercising. Lifting weights with a metallic ring sucks. I actually had a buddy of mine play basketball with his wedding ring and he lost his finger when he went to dunk. The ring got caught in the rim and ripped his finger off.

Had mine get caught in a chain link fence once, nasty cut.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy Dalton was released on 30 April. Training Camp doesn't start to well after that. So explain to me how all 32 teams have settled their starting QB battle before the start of training camp because I don't think that's the case. 

Am I just too much of a dunce to see it or are you spinning something other than vinyl?

Well if you don't think that's the case, I guess that's that . . . it should be easy for you to prove it since there are only 32 teams.

Go through every QB situation in 2019 after Free Agency and the Draft and prove how you've come to think that there were still starting QB positions open in May.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Not rehashing this old argument but will say that I would love to have Dalton as a back up QB for the Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Seriously, there's still people on this board that don't know that "ATOTR" is a troll?

C'mon people.
Reply/Quote