Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Deep Ball
(11-05-2020, 03:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: IMHO, he's not nearly good enough at returning punts to keep a spot solely to do that.  If you go through his 5 years he well below average in yards per return.  He he has no big play abillity.  And he was near the top of the league in fumbles last season.

If you're going to carve out a spot for a guy just to return punts then they should at least be above average at it.  I would think, out off 54 others guys, we could find someone to match these ranks:

18th out of 21
20th out of 25
9th out of 19
12th out of 15
6th out of 16

*NO TD's, limited big returns, multiple fumbles.

The issue is that he had to audition for his job again this off-season and held onto it and has played well in the role.  If he was struggling this year like he did last year, I would be more in agreement.  As it stands, it kind of feels like we are close to "It's a waste to dress a long snapper.  Just have the backup C do it." territory.

Also, PR TD's are very rare. There were only 7 in '18 and'19 and only 1 so far this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The steelers thrive on contact with their coverage teams leading to tipped balls and INTs.  They are probably one of the most physical sets of corners they will face.  We saw what Ward was able to do with Green being very physical with him.  I want the most sure-handed receivers out there to move the chains and prevent turnovers.  Seems like a simple formula, but a lot of that ability with Tate is heightened because of Burrow's accuracy.  We have heard for years how Brady makes all the weapons around him better, and we are seeing the exact same thing now from Burrow.  

Think about it.  How many of us would have predicted the statistics he is projecting to achieve with a declining Green, Boyd, Higgins, Tate, Gio, and Sample as his top targets.  He hasn't had Mixon for two games now, Uzo is out for the season, and Ross never materialized.  He is basically doing it with Boyd, a rookie, Tate, and his RBs.  I won't even get in to the performance of his line.  

Well Tate is sure handed, so I think he will be active especially after that last game. Tate still has to make circus catches just cause
he gets blanketed at times, Burrow still puts it in the right spot pretty much all the time unlike the QB play from last year.

What Burrow has done just blows my mind with everything you listed that has gone on. One thing Tate brings is he helps out the QB
and can make catches no matter what the coverage is.

Speed sometimes can be overrated as we see with Ross who just doesn't get it.

I liked the interview of Boyd where he has been telling Ross, just to go to work, Boyd has that lunch pail mentality which is why he is
the best Slot Receiver in the NFL right now and will continue to be with Burrow throwing to him. Burrow and Boyd have GREAT
chemistry.

That back shoulder throw against the Titans was incredible, Burrow read Boyd's mind. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: She did definitely get work done, but being under proper lighting, she doesn't look as bad as she did from home.

That makeup choice though, ugh; she looks like she poured olive oil all over her face.

I don't have an issue with oily women, definitely not that one.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 09:14 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I don't have an issue with oily women, definitely not that one.

Me neither, oil her up lol
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: tb0bv74351x51.jpg]

That’s hot.

Never cared for Snoopy, that's a cartoon for the elders.   As for this hottie, she has my permission to date me.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 09:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Never cared for Snoopy, that's a cartoon for the elders.   As for this hottie, she has my permission to date me.  Ninja

Never cared for Snoopy? That’s just wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 08:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well Tate is sure handed, so I think he will be active especially after that last game. Tate still has to make circus catches just cause
he gets blanketed at times, Burrow still puts it in the right spot pretty much all the time unlike the QB play from last year.

What Burrow has done just blows my mind with everything you listed that has gone on. One thing Tate brings is he helps out the QB
and can make catches no matter what the coverage is.

Speed sometimes can be overrated as we see with Ross who just doesn't get it.

I liked the interview of Boyd where he has been telling Ross, just to go to work, Boyd has that lunch pail mentality which is why he is
the best Slot Receiver in the NFL right now and will continue to be with Burrow throwing to him. Burrow and Boyd have GREAT
chemistry.

That back shoulder throw against the Titans was incredible, Burrow read Boyd's mind. 

Agreed with your statements about Tate, and Burrow's incredible accuracy.  

With respect to Ross, I love that Boyd is taking that vocal leader role.  Shit like that will just fester if it isn't addressed.  I can't help but wonder now that the trade deadline has passed if we won't see a small package of plays with/for Ross.  This would be his final chance.  I do feel like he deserves one more.  People will send slings and arrows my way for that, but I think if it was ever going to happen, it would be now coming off the bye.  Just something else for pitt to think about when they see him out there.  

It probably won't happen, but it is the defense that is going to have to have a great bye week getting healthy and ready for Piggy and the boys.  
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed with your statements about Tate, and Burrow's incredible accuracy.  

With respect to Ross, I love that Boyd is taking that vocal leader role.  Shit like that will just fester if it isn't addressed.  I can't help but wonder now that the trade deadline has passed if we won't see a small package of plays with/for Ross.  This would be his final chance.  I do feel like he deserves one more.  People will send slings and arrows my way for that, but I think if it was ever going to happen, it would be now coming off the bye.  Just something else for pitt to think about when they see him out there.  

It probably won't happen, but it is the defense that is going to have to have a great bye week getting healthy and ready for Piggy and the boys.  

We might see some of Ross if he gets his head out of his ass, if not, I honestly don't care anymore. If he cannot catch the 
damn ball, run the right routes he is a liability out there and doesn't deserve another shot. Definitely need to get healthy on 
Defense and block well against Pitt in order to win. Hubbard I heard will be back which is huge.

Hopefully the extra week will help Geno to get back to his old self which he has been a shadow of.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 09:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Never cared for Snoopy, that's a cartoon for the elders. 

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 09:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Never cared for Snoopy, that's a cartoon for the elders.   As for this hottie, she has my permission to date me.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
Rush Hour 1 and 2 are hilarious man, reps.
Reply/Quote