Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this what the Bengals are lacking on offense??
What the teams that have been succeeding have in common is sound coaching and also they do what it takes to have sound offensive lines. We don't - we only actually invest in the tackles but typically look to late rounders and UFDAs for our interior line. The result is an offense with no run game and needing its QB to have the second fastest release in the NFL to have a passing game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:40 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: good quarterbacks make average players look good

.....and offensive lines that are not complete and utter garbage make average QBs look better as well. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For Sure !

No doubt,

If we go into next season still running Bodine and Ogbuehi out there the results will be the same.

I expect the team to still start Bodine simply because they need to address other positions in the draft if they don't in FA, but Ogbuehi doesn't make sense unless an injury occurs. Fisher took over the RT by season's end (not that there was a really a tough competition to get it), so I expect Fisher will be the starting RT in 2017.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
People taking these weak shots at Andy is starting to piss me off. I'm all for shitting on horrible players but Dalton deserves a Nobel peace prize for sitting in that pocket all season getting raped
Reply/Quote
Julio Jones still gets his #s. AJ can too. Next year is AJ's best...after that.....
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 04:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You are definitely onto something with quality teams having other options to rely on, once the first option is taken away.  With Atlanta, the difference this year is clearly the signing of Alex Mack, making their rushing attack a truly viable option.  Atlanta has always had good 2nd and 3rd options in the pass (see Roddy White and Gonzales).  Now that their OL has transformed from being primarily pass pro, to a unit that can attack a defense up the gut, defenses are forced to defend the entire field every play.

So true, this is what You, McC and many of us were calling for here. Signing Mack, the Falcons do it and look at
how their running game and passing game come together. It starts with the O-line which gives the QB time which
leads to the players in the running and passing game gaining chemistry.

You can see it right now in both the SB teams.

(01-22-2017, 05:02 PM)McC Wrote: Yep. 

How many of us here wanted Mack in a big way?

Hell, we have guys on our line who can't pass OR run block.  One guy not making his block sinks the whole play.  Even Hill is better when he's not dodging tacklers in the backfield.

We definately wanted Mack, we just knew it was unrealistic with this Organization sadly.

It is unfair to blame the players behind Green if the O-line is this bad. Not like Lafell was a punk this year either.

Or Boyd for a rookie Slot receiver...
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 04:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You are definitely onto something with quality teams having other options to rely on, once the first option is taken away.  With Atlanta, the difference this year is clearly the signing of Alex Mack, making their rushing attack a truly viable option.  Atlanta has always had good 2nd and 3rd options in the pass (see Roddy White and Gonzales).  Now that their OL has transformed from being primarily pass pro, to a unit that can attack a defense up the gut, defenses are forced to defend the entire field every play.

And how many games did the Bengals have a healthy Eifert, AJ, and Sexy on the field together?  None.  

I couldn't understand why once Eifert did return that they didn't do more two TE sets with Uzomah, who showed pretty good athleticism (that was a TD against putzburgh).  I think Kroft has been a major disappointment thus far, but then I think how Belicheck got something out of our practice squad guy Matt Lengel.  Kroft would likely get more targets from an offense that knew how to run with multiple TEs. 

I would rather see our TEs matched up against LBs than our #3 and 4 receivers matched up against DBs.  I think they provide a bigger target and they also have the added bonus of helping the running game.  

From a pure weapon standpoint, it seemed our worst lineup was 3 WRs with Hill in the backfield...can't block, can't break tackles, and too predictable.  That could all be markedly improved with a RB like Cook, paired with Sexy and Gio, and more two and even three TE formations (red zone).  

FWIW, I do think our 3 WR formation will work ok with Core on the other side of AJ and Boyd in the slot.  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:42 AM)Housh Wrote: People taking these weak shots at Andy is starting to piss me off. I'm all for shitting on horrible players but Dalton deserves a Nobel peace prize for sitting in that pocket all season getting raped

Wait....piggy was playing defense this year?
Reply/Quote