Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this what the Bengals are lacking on offense??
come Sundays other defensive coordinators vs the NatI there number one task is to stop A.J Green.
In Atlanta it's take away Julio Jones etc
anyhow I've seen with other upper tier football teams like the Pats Steelers you take away their number 1 threat then somebody else steps up does equal or greater damage.
the Bengals on offense doesn't have that consistent 2nd guy behind AJ that can really make defenses
pay for lockjng down AJ.
in Pittsburgh if Brown is neutralized then Bell just slices you vs run or recieving
then if those 2 or held in check then a Rogers or Bryant steps up
if Tyler Eifert was healthy he might be that guy.but he's more hurt than producing
in Atlanta Gabriel Sanu Coleman were just killing defenses when Jones wasn't getting involved thoughts ??
Reply/Quote
good quarterbacks make average players look good
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:40 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: good quarterbacks make average players look good

Yes, and even more so for good coaches.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:40 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: good quarterbacks make average players look good

This right here is the answer!!!
Reply/Quote

Thank God we have Dalton then. I might be able to think of 1 receiver that has had better stats for another QB. Everyone else has had their best years with Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: come Sundays other defensive coordinators vs the NatI there number one task is to stop A.J Green.
anyhow I've seen with other upper tier football teams like the Pats Steelers you take away their number 1 threat then somebody else steps up does equal or greater damage.
the Bengals on offense doesn't have that consistent 2nd guy behind AJ that can really make defenses
pay for lockjng down AJ.
in Pittsburgh if Brown is neutralized then Bell just slices you vs run or recieving
if Tyler Eifert was healthy he might be that guy.but he's more hurt than producing
in Atlanta Gabriel Sanu Coleman were just killing defenses when Jones wasn't getting involved  thoughts ??

You are definitely onto something with quality teams having other options to rely on, once the first option is taken away.  With Atlanta, the difference this year is clearly the signing of Alex Mack, making their rushing attack a truly viable option.  Atlanta has always had good 2nd and 3rd options in the pass (see Roddy White and Gonzales).  Now that their OL has transformed from being primarily pass pro, to a unit that can attack a defense up the gut, defenses are forced to defend the entire field every play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 04:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You are definitely onto something with quality teams having other options to rely on, once the first option is taken away.  With Atlanta, the difference this year is clearly the signing of Alex Mack, making their rushing attack a truly viable option.  Atlanta has always had good 2nd and 3rd options in the pass (see Roddy White and Gonzales).  Now that their OL has transformed from being primarily pass pro, to a unit that can attack a defense up the gut, defenses are forced to defend the entire field every play.

Yep. 

How many of us here wanted Mack in a big way?

Hell, we have guys on our line who can't pass OR run block.  One guy not making his block sinks the whole play.  Even Hill is better when he's not dodging tacklers in the backfield.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Bengals used to have this kind of offense but over the past few years Cincinnati has become ridiculously one-dimensional -- and it's all self inflicted. The Bengals can't run the ball period, and that's the truth. That's about ten percent on the running backs and about ninety percent on the offensive line.

If Andy Dalton can drop back, go through his short to medium depth progressions, and get the ball out in three seconds or less, the Bengals can score maybe 20 points per game. Forget about the deep ball: It's not there because it takes just over four seconds for AJ Green to run a 25 yard route after a bump from the opposing cornerback. By then Andy is running for his life, forced to check it down, throw the ball away, or take a sack.

The Cincinnati Bengals aren't even in the conversation with respect to a multidimensional offense and the last time the Bengals had one of those was maybe 2005.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: come Sundays other defensive coordinators vs the NatI there number one task is to stop A.J Green.
pay for lockjng down AJ.
in Atlanta Gabriel Sanu Coleman were just killing defenses when Jones wasn't getting involved  thoughts ??

Not being able to run the ball is our main issue on offense and that's because the C and RT positions are weak.

While an elite guy like Mike Williams at #2 WR would be good...I think Lafell, Boyd, and Core all held their own at WR.

Fix the line and you fix the offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 07:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Fix the line and you fix the offense.

Pretty much, and assuming our qb can overcome his past playoff woes. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:45 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, and even more so for good coaches.

For Sure !

(01-22-2017, 04:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You are definitely onto something with quality teams having other options to rely on, once the first option is taken away.  With Atlanta, the difference this year is clearly the signing of Alex Mack, making their rushing attack a truly viable option.  Atlanta has always had good 2nd and 3rd options in the pass (see Roddy White and Gonzales).  Now that their OL has transformed from being primarily pass pro, to a unit that can attack a defense up the gut, defenses are forced to defend the entire field every play.

No doubt,

If we go into next season still running Bodine and Ogbuehi out there the results will be the same.
Reply/Quote

(01-22-2017, 03:45 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, and even more so for good coaches.

Exactly McC. In Ryan's 2nd season in Shannahan's offense, when he's been surrounded with good weapons, blocking and run game, suddenly Ryan has a career year. 

His passer rating is a whopping 28 points higher than last year - when people were questioning Ryan. Now suddenly Ryan is the MVP coming off BY FAR the best season of his career, and Shannahan is the future HC of the 49ers. Any questions why?

I wonder when Zampese will get promoted to a HC position? Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Pretty much, and assuming our qb can overcome his past playoff woes. 

This whole team is a walking playoff woe.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly McC. In Ryan's 2nd season in Shannahan's offense, when he's been surrounded with good weapons, blocking and run game, suddenly Ryan has a career year. 

His passer rating is a whopping 28 points higher than last year - when people were questioning Ryan. Now suddenly Ryan is the MVP coming off BY FAR the best season of his career, and Shannahan is the future HC of the 49ers. Any questions why?

I wonder if Zampese is capable of coming up with his own playbook ? He didn't do so well using Hue's.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This whole team is a walking playoff woe.

Yep. And you see the difference in the playoffs. Generally one team drops passes and makes mistakes while the other executes. Rinse. Repeat.
Reply/Quote
pay for lockjng down AJ.
this is why I've been all for drafting Williams if they shut down aj with double team then Williams is one on one and he'll win that battle most times.
Reply/Quote
Heart.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 05:02 PM)McC Wrote: Yep. 

How many of us here wanted Mack in a big way?

Hell, we have guys on our line who can't pass OR run block.  One guy not making his block sinks the whole play.  Even Hill is better when he's not dodging tacklers in the backfield.
Watched Blount tonight. He runs a lot like Hill, BUT the line actually opens holes for him. What a great concept!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly McC. In Ryan's 2nd season in Shannahan's offense, when he's been surrounded with good weapons, blocking and run game, suddenly Ryan has a career year. 

This is Ryan's 9th season.  Before this year he was 1-5 in playoff games after 8 years!

Tweaking the positions around him and putting strong coaches in place sure do make a difference!
Reply/Quote
I'd draft Mike Williams and sign someone like a Marquis Goodwin in FA.
can't have too many weapons
just ask the Falcons
Reply/Quote