Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Eagles?
I've seen our record predicted anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5.

BUT, what baffles me is that almost every "expert" or preview magazine has us losing a home game to the Eagles.

Can someone explain what people are seeing with this game? It's not like the writers are picking the Eagles go go 13-3, most of them are picking the Eagles to be 6-10, 7-9.

I just don't get this one.
Reply/Quote
Seemingly every year the media picks the NFCE to dominate their conference. You know how they love them some large market teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I know we're just waiting until the season begins, but I wouldn't worry about trying to line up w's and l's down the line. It rarely works out the way you'd think it would.

Much less the "experts"
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seemingly every year the media picks the NFCE to dominate their conference.  You know how they love them some large market teams.

Philly, New York, Dallas, DC.... not hard to understand their big market favoritism there, but yeah.

Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if they send two teams to the postseason this year (Cowboys and Redskins), of course injuries permitting.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 07:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Philly, New York, Dallas, DC.... not hard to understand their big market favoritism there, but yeah.

Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if they send two teams to the postseason this year (Cowboys and Redskins), of course injuries permitting.

Doubt it.

Nfcn and nfcw will again send multiple teams. I'm not a betting man, but I'd put good money on that.
Reply/Quote
I just want to see the Bengals beat Dallas this year. Can't stand Jerry Jones!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 07:57 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I just want to see the Bengals beat Dallas this year.  Can't stand Jerry Jones!

He's almost as bad as the bandwagon Cowboy fans that are present in all 4 corners of the earth  Whatever

Anyhow the Eagles do not have as good of a roster as the Bengals.  A better hype train every year?  You betcha.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 07:17 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Doubt it.

Nfcn and nfcw will again send multiple teams. I'm not a betting man, but I'd put good money on that.

NFCW, probably... but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFCN doesn't. Think the Packers will miss out.

Reply/Quote
Sports Illustrated has us going 10-6 and sweeping bith games from the Steelers, but losing to the Cowboys, Eagles, and Jets.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: NFCW, probably... but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFCN doesn't. Think the Packers will miss out.

Just out of curiosity, who, between Detroit and Chicago, do you have finishing better than Green Bay?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just out of curiosity, who, between Detroit and Chicago, do you have finishing better than Green Bay?

Neither, I am saying the NFCN only sends one team, the Vikings.... might look something like...

NFC Division Champs:

Cowboys
Vikings
Saints
Cardinals

Wildcards:
Seahawks
Redskins

- - - - - - - - - - - -

AFC Division Champs:

Patriots
Bengals
Jaguars
Chiefs

Wildcards:
Broncos
Raiders

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Neither, I am saying the NFCN only sends one team, the Vikings.... might look something like...

NFC Division Champs:

Cowboys
Vikings
Saints
Cardinals

Wildcards:
Seahawks
Redskins

- - - - - - - - - - - -

AFC Division Champs:

Patriots
Bengals
Jaguars
Chiefs

Wildcards:
Broncos
Raiders
You really think the Panthers go from 15 wins to out of the playoffs?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:48 PM)McC Wrote: You really think the Panthers go from 15 wins to out of the playoffs?

I think the Panthers played in a division that was terrible last year, and also got to play against the AFC South and NFC East. That's about as easy of a schedule as you could get last year.

The Saints had the 31st overall, 32nd ranked scoring defense. They finally woke up and fired the awful Rob Ryan, they almost literally have nowhere to go but improvement there, and they were a 7-9 team last year.

I'm not saying the Panthers will be a losing team, but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if their schedule and division are more competitive and they win 10 and miss out on the playoffs. Jets won 10 last year and missed the postseason. Eagles won 10 in 2014 and missed the postseason. It happens.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Neither, I am saying the NFCN only sends one team, the Vikings.... might look something like...

NFC Division Champs:

Cowboys
Vikings
Saints
Cardinals

Wildcards:
Seahawks
Redskins

- - - - - - - - - - - -

AFC Division Champs:

Patriots
Bengals
Jaguars
Chiefs

Wildcards:
Broncos
Raiders
What the..

Why are you betting on the Carolina Panthers to regress so hard?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think the Panthers played in a division that was terrible last year, and also got to play against the AFC South and NFC East. That's about as easy of a schedule as you could get last year.

The Saints had the 31st overall, 32nd ranked scoring defense. They finally woke up and fired the awful Rob Ryan, they almost literally have nowhere to go but improvement there, and they were a 7-9 team last year.

I'm not saying the Panthers will be a losing team, but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if their schedule and division are more competitive and they win 10 and miss out on the playoffs. Jets won 10 last year and missed the postseason. Eagles won 10 in 2014 and missed the postseason. It happens.

With that said, the Panthers are a solid team across the board.  Likely the best front 7 that any team will field, they are still a run-first offense, and good at blocking to make it happen.  Just how are they going to lose 6 games and miss the playoffs??

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 09:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What the..

I actually agree that the Panthers will regress, alot actually. Im not too sure the Saints will win it tho.

Im pretty sure the Falcons will take it. I have a feeling they will be back to their old ways.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:04 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He's almost as bad as the bandwagon Cowboy fans that are present in all 4 corners of the earth  Whatever

Anyhow the Eagles do not have as good of a roster as the Bengals.  A better hype train every year?  You betcha.

They have one hell of a great domed stadium. But, that's all the praise I will ever give the Dallas Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 09:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What the..

4-6 teams who made the playoffs last year will miss it this year. Last offseason I am sure it was equally unthinkable the Colts would miss the postseason and the Ravens would be 5-11. It happens. Heck, before their QBs got hurt, they were still tanking hard. It happens to teams.

Not to mention all teams will regress from 15-1. Heck, the year after the Patriots went 16-0, they went 11-5. Just not really plausible to repeat 15-16 win seasons.

(08-25-2016, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With that said, the Panthers are a solid team across the board.  Likely the best front 7 that any team will field, they are still a run-first offense, and good at blocking to make it happen.  Just how are they going to lose 6 games and miss the playoffs??

Even if we somehow ignore the Bucs x2, 49ers, Rams, and Chargers and call those all wins (5-0) and say they split with better Saints and Falcons teams (7-2)...

They also play the @Broncos, Vikings, Cardinals, Chiefs, @Raiders, @Seahawks, @Redskins. Not terribly hard to imagine them losing against 4 of those teams. That would put them at 10-6.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 07:17 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Doubt it.

Yea, I think Seattle, Green Bay, Arizona, and the Vikes are all locks.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I mean, it's possible.

This team was 8-0 and played against a 3-5 Texans and lost to them. And only gave up 33 yards to their best rusher. And gave up only 174 total passing yards.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote