Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Forgotten People
It all started with tax cuts for the rich. I thought omg we finally have a prez who gets it. Looking out for the poor 1%.

Then we had a pardon for the "racist" Arizona sheriff who targeted people for the way they looked and disregarding judges orders. And i thought omg we finally have a prez who lets racists do their thing. Thank god.

Now we have pending pardons for some truly forgotten folks. I heard the name Martha stewart and was like who the f is that? Then i remember omg i saw her on gods i mean trumps tv show. Did she screw the little chump ass share holders? Who cares?

Some liberal scumbag who was taking bribes trying to sell political office? Who? Blagowho? Finally pardoned. Why did we forget about him? Who wants some elected official who is corrupt as shit being held accountable? Not us. Dumb ass libs.

And we all forgot about campaign finance laws. So why not pardon some dude who plead guilty to cheating our democratic system.

Im with all the other trumpets. As forgotten people we are finally being heard. As one of these regular ass American citizens i have been saying my god these white collar criminals sure could use some leniency. Now we finally have a prez looking out for the forgotten people.

Nothing but wins for us average Americans. Lets say it together Trumpets!! Like we always do. Pardon those crooks! Pardon those crooks!

Looking out for the forgotten people. Exactly why he got my vote.

Rock on trumpets. Living the dream
No doubt. I heard he recently pardoned a black man that had the audacity to take white women cross state lines.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-31-2018, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. I heard he recently pardoned a black man that had the audacity to take white women cross state lines.

Yup. Which was big. Took him off the hook for all racist stuff past present and future. Plus Rocky recommended it and we got a photo op in the oval office with Rocky and to pose with a championship belt. No brainer move. 

As for the forgotten people in that example. Sometimes stuff needs to stay forgotten. Violence against women is one thing as a Trumpet i proudly try to forget about. Remember that guy who Trump liked bigly that media trashed and ruined. I forget the claims against (like all true trumpets would) him but dude was a high class guy.  
One actual example of him doing something for someone facing an actual injustice in comparison to how many examples of his blatant elitism? That's a real defense of the populist Donald Trump right there. A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.

These pardons look like signals to those being investigated. Campaign finance laws, lying to the feds, bribery, these are all things that people in his orbit are being investigated and indicted for.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-31-2018, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. I heard he recently pardoned a black man that had the audacity to take white women cross state lines.

I sure that black guy was happy about it.  Was he still in jail?  At least he will get his right to vote back.  I am sure that means a lot.
(06-01-2018, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I sure that black guy was happy about it.  Was he still in jail?  At least he will get his right to vote back.  I am sure that means a lot.

Perhaps means it means a lot to any surviving relatives.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't pardon someone who is deceased and/or already served his/her sentence? Or do you just not have a point?

(06-01-2018, 08:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: One actual example of him doing something for someone facing an actual injustice in comparison to how many examples of his blatant elitism? That's a real defense of the populist Donald Trump right there. A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.

These pardons look like signals to those being investigated. Campaign finance laws, lying to the feds, bribery, these are all things that people in his orbit are being investigated and indicted for.

Yep, just one; perhaps there are more; I'm just not obsessed enough to look for them. OP was obviously painting a racial tone to POTUS' pardons. I simply posted a recent glaring retort to that assertion. my apologies if it didn't pass the defense of the populist Donald trump muster.

(06-01-2018, 05:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  OP was obviously painting a racial tone to POTUS' pardons.

Really?

Look again.  Seems to me it is more about cronyism and taking care of his friends and associates than about race.

Stop being so obsessed with race.  Why does everything have to be about racism for you?
(06-01-2018, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Really?

Look again.  Seems to me it is more about cronyism and taking care of his friends and associates than about race.

Stop being so obsessed with race.  Why does everything have to be about racism for you?

Could be because the very first example the OP gives focused on racism.

Sort like diminishing the Jack Johnson pardon, did you have a point here? 

I doubt you'll as you did not answer the first time and answering questions posed really ain't your style; you're more of the asking kind. 

(06-01-2018, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sort like diminishing the Jack Johnson pardon, did you have a point here? 

Yes I had a point there.  It is nothing but symbolic to pardon a person who has been dead for almost 100 years.  There is no tangible benefit to anyone.

On the other hand all of the rich white people he is pardoning are getting huge benefits like being released from jail or probation.

Funny how Trump has not pardoned any rich white people who have been dead for a long time, and zero black people who are still alive.
(06-01-2018, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Could be because the very first example the OP gives focused on racism.

Could it be that was the first example because that was the first one in the timeline? Nah, it couldn't be that simple. The post had to be all about racism even though that was really the only part of the post mentioning that. That's the most logical thing. Rolleyes
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-01-2018, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I had a point there.  It is nothing but symbolic to pardon a person who has been dead for almost 100 years.  There is no tangible benefit to anyone.

On the other hand all of the rich white people he is pardoning are getting huge benefits like being released from jail or probation.

Funny how Trump has not pardoned any rich white people who have been dead for a long time, and zero black people who are still alive.
OK, I understand your point is we shouldn't pardon folks that are dead and/or served their sentences because there is no tangible benefit to anyone. I just disagree with the POV. You know the liberal's head is about to explode when they are forced to belittle a pardon of a black man simply for taking a white woman across state lines.

(06-01-2018, 08:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Could it be that was the first example because that was the first one in the timeline? Nah, it couldn't be that simple. The post had to be all about racism even though that was really the only part of the post mentioning that. That's the most logical thing. Rolleyes

Sure it could be; but that doesn't change the fact that the OP focused on race early in his post. Next time I'll ask you what part of a post I should have issue with. If you want to be upset that the thread went toward race rather than what you want it to be about, blame the OP. Because the OP was selective in his listing of pardons and chose to include a racist sheriff among them for some reason. Save you smiley thingys for someone else

(06-01-2018, 08:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK, I understand your point is we shouldn't pardon folks that are dead and/or served their sentences because there is no tangible benefit to anyone. I just disagree with the POV. You know the liberal's head is about to explode when they are forced to belittle a pardon of a black man simply for taking a white woman across state lines.

Sure it could be; but that doesn't change the fact that the OP focused on race early in his post. Next time I'll ask you what part of a post I should have issue with. If you want to be upset that the thread went toward race rather than what you want it to be about, blame the OP. Because the OP was selective in his listing of pardons and chose to include a racist sheriff among them for some reason. Save you smiley thingys for someone else

Sorry didnt mean to confuse a fellow Trumpet. 

Should have put the obligatory reminder. "Try not to focus on racism" memo in there

This was about the forgotten people. You know the 1%. The celeb and the guy who was a political story headliner for months and months and months. 

Obvious examples of the forgotten people finally getting justice. Just like i had in mind when i went with the orange party back in 16.

It was only what? Couple of decades of racial profiling. Who cares? Hell his name is joe. If he doesnt represent the average joe finally catching a break.. Idk what does. I know after his last 9-10 appearances on fox news i had basically forgotten about sheriff joe. Good ole boy djt looking out for the little guy. I love it.

Glad you brought up the black man pardon. I gotta quit forgetting about that one. Anytime someone calls trump a racist or i panic and just feel the need to defend him for being the least racist person ever. I will remember to point out that token case.
(06-01-2018, 11:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sorry didnt mean to confuse a fellow Trumpet. 

Should have put the obligatory reminder. "Try not to focus on racism" memo in there

This was about the forgotten people. You know the 1%. The celeb and the guy who was a political story headliner for months and months and months. 

Obvious examples of the forgotten people finally getting justice. Just like i had in mind when i went with the orange party back in 16.

It was only what? Couple of decades of racial profiling. Who cares? Hell his name is joe. If he doesnt represent the average joe finally catching a break.. Idk what does. I know after his last 9-10 appearances on fox news i had basically forgotten about sheriff joe. Good ole boy djt looking out for the little guy. I love it.

Glad you brought up the black man pardon. I gotta quit forgetting about that one. Anytime someone calls trump a racist or i panic and just feel the need to defend him for being the least racist person ever. I will remember to point out that token case.

There's really no need to put the obligatory "Try not to focus on racism" memo. Just don't focus on racism in your initial example.  

(06-02-2018, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There's really no need to put the obligatory "Try not to focus on racism" memo. Just don't focus on racism in your initial example.  

Whoops.!
Ma bad. Totally forgot page 2 of the trumpet rulebook.

Alternative facts. Duh. When the truth kinda sucks and stuff. Just ignore it , make stuff up , and deflect. Silly me
(06-02-2018, 12:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Whoops.!
Ma bad. Totally forgot page 2 of the trumpet rulebook.

Alternative facts. Duh. When the truth kinda sucks and stuff. Just ignore it , make stuff up , and deflect. Silly me

I have 0 idea what I made up, but given I have not read page 2 of the Trumpet rulebook; so I could be missing something.

(06-02-2018, 12:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have 0 idea what I made up, but given I have not read page 2 of the Trumpet rulebook; so I could be missing something.

No your good. You got 2/3 of page 2 down already.

Ignore it and deflect. Keep at it. Making shit up will come naturally.
Just joshing ya bfine no hard feelings
(06-01-2018, 05:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, just one; perhaps there are more; I'm just not obsessed enough to look for them. OP was obviously painting a racial tone to POTUS' pardons. I simply posted a recent glaring retort to that assertion. my apologies if it didn't pass the defense of the populist Donald trump muster.

Well, D'Souza, is Indian. Not white.  Trump can't be racist if he pardons TWO non-whites.

[Image: DGZmob9WsAEp4yT.jpg]
We finally have a prez who does the bidding of a Kardashian. Bout damn time. People totally forgot about Kim K. I have been saying forever how much i wish our government would just do what she asked.