Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Front Office fooled the fans again...
Into thinking a coaching change could actually cover up for other problems with this franchise.

The front office sold fans HARD that the hiring of ZT and a "New Dey" would result in winning. The players on the field weren't the problem, the way the front office conducts business isn't a problem - it was the coach.

I never bought into it - but a lot of fans did. Look around at this team and the talent and scheme deficiencies are everywhere. If anyone is at fault for this mess it should be the front office and Duke Tobin for assembling a crap roster filled with holes.

Don't make the mistake of placing blame (ZT or players themselves) where it shouldn't be.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I said this months ago. Zac Taylor basically inherited the exact same team as last year, but then lost his best LB (Burfict) and one of his best offensive linemen (Boling). Then you add on all the other injuries they've had. So technically, the roster he's working with is worse than last year. Marvin may have been able to squeak by as best he could, because he had over a decade's experience as a head coach. Taylor doesn't have that luxury.

This does not absolve Taylor and the coaches of all blame, but when you're basically down to your 4th string LT, you're in bad shape. This team lacks talent and depth, and it may take them years to be competitive again. But I can tell you right now, so long as this team refuses to be more aggressive in free agency, it's going to be later rather than sooner. Relying on draft picks and bottom-of-the-barrel free agents isn't going to cut it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:55 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I said this months ago.  Zac Taylor basically inherited the exact same team as last year, but then lost our best LB (Burfict) and one of our best offensive linemen (Boling).  Then you add on all the other injuries we've had.  So technically, the roster he's working with is worse than last year.  Marvin may have been able to squeak by as best he could, because he has over a decade's experience as a head coach.  Taylor doesn't have that luxury.  

This does not absolute Taylor and the coaches of all blame, but when you're basically down to your 4th string LT, you're in bad shape.  This team lacks talent and depth, and it may take them years to be competitive again.  But I can tell you right now, so long as this team refuses to be more aggressive in free agency, it's going to be later rather than sooner.

Yep. 

Don't get me wrong - this team DOES have some talent, but its not enough. Fans get blinded because they see guys like AJ Green, Joe Mixon, Ross, etc. The fact remains though, the foundation of this team is terrible. The offensive line sucks, the d line has played average, and the linebackers are garbage. 

If you dont think any of the above are important ask the Rams, Pats, Chiefs, etc. 

The Bengals philosophy on how to build a decent roster/team is completely backwards.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. 

Don't get me wrong - this team DOES have some talent, but its not enough. Fans get blinded because they see guys like AJ Green, Joe Mixon, Ross, etc. The fact remains though, the foundation of this team is terrible. The offensive line sucks, the d line has played average, and the linebackers are garbage. 

If you dont think any of the above are important ask the Rams, Pats, Chiefs, etc. 

The Bengals philosophy on how to build a decent roster/team is completely backwards.

AJ Green will not make this team any better,we need a stinkin new QB.Dalton cannot win,he is slow and misses receivers constantly and I am so sick of watching this dude who is not good enough,he is NOT A LEADER,HE IS A LOSER.
Reply/Quote
Tobin/Blackburn did a horrible job addressing the issues. O-line and linebacker. I believe Andy is a good QB, if he has an offensive line. Since the team has such a hard time building the entire roster, a QB will be needed who can do more with less. He'll have to be a mega star.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:20 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: AJ Green will not make this team any better,we need a stinkin new QB.Dalton cannot win,he is slow and misses receivers constantly and I am so sick of watching this dude who is not good enough,he is NOT A LEADER,HE IS A LOSER.

Um....you might wanna check the sports pages podge, he's 2nd in the entire league in passing yards.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Into thinking a coaching change could actually cover up for other problems with this franchise.

The front office sold fans HARD that the hiring of ZT and a "New Dey" would result in winning. The players on the field weren't the problem, the way the front office conducts business isn't a problem - it was the coach.  

I never bought into it - but a lot of fans did. Look around at this team and the talent and scheme deficiencies are everywhere. If anyone is at fault for this mess it should be the front office and Duke Tobin for assembling a crap roster filled with holes.

Don't make the mistake of placing blame (ZT or players themselves) where it shouldn't be.

Nice to see the abuse labeled at ML was not warranted and a fan admit it.
Oh wait, you did not say that, you just gave ZT an excuse to start 0-3 while making major coaching errors each week.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Nice to see the abuse labeled at ML was not warranted and a fan admit it.
Oh wait, you did not say that, you just gave ZT an excuse to start 0-3 while making major coaching errors each week.

What major errors were made yesterday? 

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:55 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I said this months ago.  Zac Taylor basically inherited the exact same team as last year, but then lost his best LB (Burfict) and one of his best offensive linemen (Boling).  Then you add on all the other injuries they've had.  So technically, the roster he's working with is worse than last year.  Marvin may have been able to squeak by as best he could, because he has over a decade's experience as a head coach.  Taylor doesn't have that luxury.  

This does not absolute Taylor and the coaches of all blame, but when you're basically down to your 4th string LT, you're in bad shape.  This team lacks talent and depth, and it may take them years to be competitive again.  But I can tell you right now, so long as this team refuses to be more aggressive in free agency, it's going to be later rather than sooner.  Relying on draft picks and bottom-of-the-barrel free agents isn't going to cut it.

O-line is just horrible and this so-called professional qb is awlful,he cannot run,everytime he does he gets sacked cause he is just SLOW.He misses receivers constantly,he makes bad decisions,but remember its a NEW-DEY,and we are going to go out there and take whats ares,which is another losing season,fifty years of insanity,it will never end.Need about 20 1st rounders to even begin with.Welcome to the nati ZT.I give him another year and he will sour on this franchise.Please stay home next home game,I could see this being a 16 game losing season.Need a qb.
Reply/Quote
Marvin needed to go I won’t argue that. Agreed the Bengals front office did very little to improve a severely flawed roster. Plus with core guys like Atkins, Dunlap and Green getting older will only make matters worse. They caught a bad break at LT with Williams and Glenn being hurt.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Nice to see the abuse labeled at ML was not warranted and a fan admit it.

I wanted Marvin out. I think a change was needed - his coaching philosophy and schemes were outdated. That being said, I still think Mike Brown and the FO is and has always been a bigger problem than the coach themselves. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:32 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: O-line is just horrible and this so-called professional qb is awlful,he cannot run,everytime he does he gets sacked cause he is just SLOW.He misses receivers constantly,he makes bad decisions,but remember its a NEW-DEY,and we are going to go out there and take whats ares,which is another losing season,fifty years of insanity,it will never end.Need about 20 1st rounders to even begin with.Welcome to the nati ZT.I give him another year and he will sour on this franchise.Please stay home next home game,I could see this being a 16 game losing season.Need a qb.

Didn't he score a rushing TD yesterday? Hmm 

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:32 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Marvin needed to go I won’t argue that. Agreed the Bengals front office did very little to improve a severely flawed roster. Plus with core guys like Atkins, Dunlap  and Green getting older will only make matters worse. They caught a bad break at LT with Williams and Glenn being hurt.

By firing Marvin and doing NOTHING to enhance the roster, the Bengals basically said "OK, our coach is the problem - not the roster we assembled. If we give you guys a new head coach, we are going to be good." 

The FO needs to be held accountable. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: What major errors were made yesterday? 

Horrible challenge costing us both a challenge and a time out.

A 5 yard penalty for too many men on the field for a freaking extra point which Bills then changed mind, went for 2 and made it. That took a FG out of play on our last drive making has have to score a TD with no time left and 1 timeout. They could have player for overtime.

ZT decides to settle for a field goal and goes conservative play calling once he got in field goal range versus going for the TD, up 7 versus up 3 is a big deal with 5 minutes to go.

They had to call time out on another occasion because of 12 men on the field, a time out we could have used late in half to score.

Those are off the top of my head.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:55 AM)Big Boss Wrote: .  But I can tell you right now, so long as this team refuses to be more aggressive in free agency, it's going to be later rather than sooner.  Relying on draft picks and bottom-of-the-barrel free agents isn't going to cut it.

It will be NEVER, not even later. Relying only on draft picks when you cant consistently draft well = you will never win. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Horrible challenge costing us both a challenge and a time out.

A 5 yard penalty for too many men on the field for a freaking extra point which Bills then changed mind, went for 2 and made it. That took a FG out of play on our last drive making has have to score a TD with no time left and 1 timeout. They could have player for overtime.

ZT decides to settle for a field goal and goes conservative play calling once he got in field goal range versus going for the TD, up 7 versus up 3 is a big deal with 5 minutes to go.

They had to call time out on another occasion because of 12 men on the field, a time out we could have used late in half to score.

Right now,this new coach is no better than goofy ML.Its just so so difficult to be a nati fan.Time to throw up.But remember its a NEW-DEY.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Into thinking a coaching change could actually cover up for other problems with this franchise.

I can't imagine many got fooled. Just adding on to the old saying:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...fool me 20 times I am a ***** moron. 

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The FO needs to be held accountable. 

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: Um....you might wanna check the sports pages podge, he's 2nd in the entire league in passing yards.....

He needs to improve his accuracy a little. Although he's 2nd in passing yards, he's been inconsistent. Dropped balls, batted balls and not a lot of time in the pocket really hurts also. But, most of us know these things will improve. They have to if we are going to beat Pitt in their house Monday. Dalton get's a lot of unearned flack from what ZT calls the wolves. He's better than an avg QB, but has made some mistakes this year. He will get it together and just the return of AJ alone will change the way defenses play us. 

I was really hoping yesterday would define what type of team this would be going forward. We played good in Seattle, while horrible at home. Then Yesterday we played horrible in the first half, the good in the second. Depending on the outlook of the individual, we either are half great or half suck - but not definitive on either. So, I guess the evidence on which direction this team is going is left to be decided in Pittsburgh. 

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Horrible challenge costing us both a challenge and a time out.

So Darrin Simmons had a bad game, the challenge was a bad call, he took points on the road (the FG), which most any coach in the NFL does, again, I'm not seeing horrible decisions by the HC.

I tell you one thing I DID see, "journalistic jargons". Ninja 

I did see some bad playcalls on both sides of the ball against SF, and we must have watched a different game at Seattle.

Reply/Quote