Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Giants Game can still be Won By Bengals
There is an old story in football of when the team is down, go out and WIN ONE for The Gipper, or something like that. IF Players Step Up Sunday. they can Win One for Burrow and also sidelined Mixon. The Giants are not a powerhouse team in 2020, they lost their top running back early in season. The game is in Cincinnati where Bengals have won in 2020. They can cry over last week, or they can step up and earn Their paychecks and Win One for Burrow.

I'm hoping unlike Greg Cook, Joe Burrow will be back. For now it is time for back-ups to earn their pay as Sam Wyche, Virgil Carter, Turk, Jeff Blake, Jon Kitna, Fitzgerald, McCarron when thrown into games after injuries to starters. Ryan Finley is a 4th round pick from North Carolina State and for him it is an opportunity. With no preseason and all focus on getting rookie Burrow reps. Finley would have been rusty coming in last week. This week Finley gets the starters practice reps all week. Bengals back-up is Brandon Allen as Bengals are trying out QBs. I see it is possible for Bengals to claim Jake Dolegala off Patriots practice squad if they keep him on active roster at least 3 weeks. Finley, Allen and Dolegala were all members of Bengals in 2020, and having 3 active QBs rest of season is more than possible. My guess is Ryan Finley may be a good replacement for now with practice reps now.

Finley was drafted 4th round under Zac in 2019 and has backed up Dalton and then Burrow. So he has had 2 years of the playbook. He is the best option to carry out the playbook the last 6 games. Finley & Team need to Step Up. The Giants Game can be Won. Get that 3rd win of season. There Is No Quit In Football. They have 6 games left to play. so hit the practice field and Get At It, These 6 teams will have no tears for Bengals on game days. Warren Sapp on slamming Akili Smith to ground said, " I don't feel sorry for you ". Neither will the 6 teams left on Bengals Schedule, so put the crying towels away. Hit that practice field.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
All a win would do is hurt our draft position, and help these coaches keep their jobs another week. No thanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All a win would do is hurt our draft position, and help these coaches keep their jobs another week. No thanks.

Oh, you are one of these rooting for how many we can lose guys.   You as a fan can be that way, but NOT the Players and Coaches.  There Is NO QUIT In Football.   They have 6 games left and somebody has to play them.  There is NO QUIT in Football.   

The Giants lost Barkley, they will not be crying for Bengals injuries.  Bengals need to step up.  Beating the 2020 Giants in PAUL BROWN Stadium is possible Thanksgiving Weekend.

We should also WANT Finley to do well, because Burrow is going to be out for a while. Finley an early 4th round pick, Ken Anderson was a late 3rd round pick. Just as when Cook went down, I wanted Carter and Anderson to step up. While Burrow is out, we need somebody to step up in 2020 and maybe 2021. Hopefully unlike Cook, Burrow returns someday as Smith has at Washington. Hopefully we will have drafted a better O Line and Defense by the time Burrow returns. The team is kind of committed to drafting Burrow and his rehab return someday. I would not be against a 2021 resign of Andy for one year, a veteran to fill the gap until Burrow returns. Hey, we brought Boomer back for one year. Ex Bengal Fitzpatrick might do a one year contract, or Rivers or Cam. I see a one year veteran willing to do a year of Bengals in 2021 while Burrow rehabs. We were lucky to get Virgil Carter from Bears in 1970.

I've been through this Greg Cook situation before. Cook never came back. Burrow could. You root for the QB's coming in to do good. You do not root against them. I wanted Wyche, Carter and Anderson to do good and WIN after Cook went down. I rooted for Blake, Kitna or McCarron when they came in after starters injured. So now I root for Finley to do good and Win. Look at Houston when they beat us with 3rd string Yates. NO QUIT in FOOTBALL. Finley has Green, Boyd, Higgins to get the ball to. He needs practice field time reps, and he will now get those.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don't always drink Cosca. But when I do, I prefer Penei.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:12 AM)kevin Wrote: Oh, you are one of these rooting for how many we can lose guys.   You as a fan can be that way, but NOT the Players and Coaches.  There Is NO QUIT In Football.   They have 6 games left and somebody has to play them.  There is NO QUIT in Football.   

The Giants lost Barkley, they will not be crying for Bengals injuries.  Bengals need to step up.  Beating the 2020 Giants in PAUL BROWN Stadium is possible. 

We should also WANT Finley to do well, because Burrow is going to be out for a while. Finley an early 4th round pick, Ken Anderson was a late 3rd round pick. Just as when Cook went down, I wanted Carter and Anderson to step up. While Burrow is out, we need somebody to step up in 2020 and maybe 2021. Hopefully unlike Cook, Burrow returns someday as Smith has at Washington. Hopefully we will have drafted a better O Line and Defense by the time Burrow returns. The team is kind of committed to drafting Burrow and his rehab return someday. I would not be against a 2021 resign of Andy for one year, a veteran to fill the gap until Burrow returns. Hey, we brought Boomer back for one year. Ex Bengal Fitzpatrick might do a one year contract, or Rivers or Cam. I see a one year veteran willing to do a year of Bengals in 2021 while Burrow rehabs. We were lucky to get Virgil Carter from Bears in 1970.

I've been through this Greg Cook situation before. Cook never came back. Burrow could. You root for the QB's coming in to do good. You do not root against them. I wanted Wyche, Carter and Anderson to do good and WIN after Cook went down. I rooted for Blake, Kitna or McCarron when they came in after starters injured. So now I root for Finley to do good and Win. Look at Houston when they beat us with 3rd string Yates. NO QUIT in FOOTBALL.

No disrespect and i did just hit the bong but why did this post make me even more sad/mad about the Burrow situation
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:34 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I don't always drink Cosca. But when I do, I prefer Penei.

A drink...a drink...a drink.

Reply/Quote
Yes... If Giants get the Rona, break all kinds of protocols, and have to forfeit the game, the Bengals can win.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:12 AM)kevin Wrote: Oh, you are one of these rooting for how many we can lose guys.   You as a fan can be that way, but NOT the Players and Coaches.  There Is NO QUIT In Football.   They have 6 games left and somebody has to play them.  There is NO QUIT in Football.   

The Giants lost Barkley, they will not be crying for Bengals injuries.  Bengals need to step up.  Beating the 2020 Giants in PAUL BROWN Stadium is possible Thanksgiving Weekend.

I've been through this Greg Cook situation before. Cook never came back. Burrow could. You root for the QB's coming in to do good. You do not root against them. I wanted Wyche, Carter and Anderson to do good and WIN after Cook went down. I rooted for Blake, Kitna or McCarron when they came in after starters injured. So now I root for Finley to do good and Win. Look at Houston when they beat us with 3rd string Yates. NO QUIT in FOOTBALL. Finley has Green, Boyd, Higgins to get the ball to. He needs practice field time reps, and he will now get those.

You've never seen Ryan Finley play have you?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We are winning nothing with Thinley at QB. We don't have a defense that can carry a team and don't have a Running game that can carry an offense. The ground will catch more passes this week than our WR.

Edit: just saw Brandon Allen is starting. Better then Finley. Won't matter much but least we won't have to puke when watching him short hop passes.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:54 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We are winning nothing with Thinley at QB. We don't have a defense that can carry a team and don't have a Running game that can carry an offense. The ground will catch more passes this week than our WR.

I feel bad for Boyd. He was on pace for his 3rd 1k yard season in a row, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he doesn’t get it now with that scrub at QB.

Reply/Quote
Nope. Suck for Sewell. No more Ws this season . Draft generational talents might be the only way this team can beat there own bad coaching.

Watch Sewell, that man is ass whoop incarnate.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:25 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Nope. Suck for Sewell. No more Ws this season . Draft generational talents might be the only way this team can beat there own bad coaching.

Watch Sewell, that man is ass whoop incarnate.

Kid has a real nastiness to him. His highlights are almost as fun to watch as skill players.

Reply/Quote
He’s so naturally gifted he just beats scrubs by being in the game. I’m already on that pain train
Reply/Quote
The Giants have actually been playing well of late so I highly doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:54 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We are winning nothing with Thinley at QB.

This nickname needs to gain some serious traction.  Well done, sir. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This nickname needs to gain some serious traction.  Well done, sir. :andy:

Dude looks like a small tree and his arms are like twigs 
Reply/Quote
Once again, the season isn't even over, and we find ourselves rooting for this team to lose out for a better position in the draft. Really hard to be excited about this organization right now.

Even if we get Penei, we're still 1-2 O-lineman away from giving Joe the protection he needs. Then you have to factor in other holes that need to be upgraded (DL, CB, LB, WR)...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 05:54 AM)jason Wrote: You've never seen Ryan Finley play have you?

Read this morning that Allen is projected to take over for Finley. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:03 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Once again, the season isn't even over, and we find ourselves rooting for this team to lose out for a better position in the draft. Really hard to be excited about this organization right now.

Even if we get Penei, we're still 1-2 O-lineman away from giving Joe the protection he needs. Then you have to factor in other holes that need to be upgraded (DL, CB, LB, WR)...

Trade, use free agency very wisely, draft well.

Who am I kidding ? This is the Bengals front office.  Cry
Reply/Quote
Sewell should help for sure, but the Bengals also might need 1-2 OGs, and they definitely need a new OL coach.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote