Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Atlanta
The Good:

Where do I begin?

The offensive line: They kept Dalton clean and opened some nice holes for Gio and Walton. If this group keeps improving as they play together longer, the sky is the limit for the offense.

Andy Dalton: Dude should have been wearing a mask and surgical gown. Sliced and diced up Atlanta on their home field, in a game they (Atlanta) really had to win.

Tyler Boyd: The new TJ. Not faint praise. Clutch guy, and a gamer.

AJ Green: I knew we would get his best in Atlanta. Only fitting he gets the game winner.

Gio: Joe who? I say sarcastically....Gio was a beast out there....Rushing, receiving, blitz pick-up....Awesome job, Gio

The Bad:

Basically the entire defense. It was like they were playing with blindfolds. Tentative, no pass rush to speak of, and out of position. The only good thing I can say is that the Bengals are winning and they look awful....I would think they can only get better.

The Ugly:

Special teams: Horrible kickoff coverage, and an uncontested punt blocked that could have lost the game. Puke, double puke. I mean, you only had one damn punt and you sucked at it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Good:  

Where do I begin?

The offensive line:  They kept Dalton clean and opened some nice holes for Gio and Walton.  If this group keeps improving as they play together longer, the sky is the limit for the offense.

Andy Dalton:  Dude should have been wearing a mask and surgical gown.  Sliced and diced up Atlanta on their home field, in a game they (Atlanta) really had to win.

Tyler Boyd:  The new TJ.  Not faint praise.  Clutch guy, and a gamer.  

AJ Green:  I knew we would get his best in Atlanta.  Only fitting he gets the game winner.

Gio:  Joe who?  I say sarcastically....Gio was a beast out there....Rushing, receiving, blitz pick-up....Awesome job, Gio

The Bad:

Basically the entire defense.  It was like they were playing with blindfolds.  Tentative, no pass rush to speak of, and out of position.  The only good thing I can say is that the Bengals are winning and they look awful....I would think they can only get better.

The Ugly:

Special teams:  Horrible kickoff coverage, and an uncontested punt blocked that could have lost the game.  Puke, double puke.  I mean, you only had one damn punt and you sucked at it.

If i had a game ball to give for the 1st quarter of the season it would go to Lazor.  

Everyone (rightly) praises Sean McVay for being completely on the page with Goff and scheming / calling plays which fit well with his skillset but i get the feeling that Andy  has the same complete trust in Lazor too.

Might need to go have a look back but I feel Trey Hopkins did a good job yesterday - he's stepped up real well and it may not be a gimme that Billy Price gets the start when fit.

I know the defense was definitely bad but I would give a shout out to Geno - he came up big with a sack and couple of big run stuffs when we needed them.

I think any DB not called Dennard was pretty ugly yesterday - honestly have no idea what is going on back there but the amount of times they are looking at each other with a 'your guy..?' demeanour is worrying.  We are on to week 5 now...not like its week 1 so no correction from Austin is pretty ugly too.
Reply/Quote
You missed the obvious one for the ugly...

Also, the Oline didn’t keep Dalton entirely clean. Both tackles struggled at times, and
McKinley had 3 sacks.

Redmond also takes a penalty every single game.

Reply/Quote

Where do I begin?

The offensive line:  They kept Dalton clean and opened some nice holes for Gio and Walton.  If this group keeps improving as they play together longer, the sky is the limit for the offense.

Andy Dalton:  Dude should have been wearing a mask and surgical gown.  Sliced and diced up Atlanta on their home field, in a game they (Atlanta) really had to win.

AJ Green:  I knew we would get his best in Atlanta.  Only fitting he gets the game winner.

Gio:  Joe who?  I say sarcastically....Gio was a beast out there....Rushing, receiving, blitz pick-up....Awesome job, Gio

The Bad:

Basically the entire defense.  It was like they were playing with blindfolds.  Tentative, no pass rush to speak of, and out of position.  The only good thing I can say is that the Bengals are winning and they look awful....I would think they can only get better.

The Ugly:

Special teams:  Horrible kickoff coverage, and an uncontested punt blocked that could have lost the game.  Puke, double puke.  I mean, you only had one damn punt and you sucked at it.

Geno had a good game. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Lawson also played good. He got that bogus "roughing the passer" where he actually stripped sacked Ryan, but followed it up by doing it for realz. That setup the go ahead TD.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:07 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Lawson also played good. He got that bogus "roughing the passer" where he actually stripped sacked Ryan, but followed it up by doing it for realz. That setup the go ahead TD.

That wasn't bogus, Lawson grabbed him up high on the head and shoulders....
Reply/Quote
My ugly would be the entire defense:

We're 29th in total defense - TWENTY-NINTH 419 yards per game

We're the worst defense in the NFL in giving up 3rd downs at a rate of 57% - LAST PLACE We've got to quit playing 8 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 6

We're 28th in pass defense giving up 303 yards per game

Before the season, W. Jackson is the next shut down corner, 1st round draft picks Dre and Dennard. Ball hawking S Bates. Awesome D line. And it wasn't just us saying it.

We're 23rd in points allowed giving up 28+ a game.

It's official now our defense is broken.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My ugly would be the entire defense:

We're the worst defense in the NFL in giving up 3rd downs at a rate of 57% - LAST PLACE We've got to quit playing 8 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 6

Before the season, W. Jackson is the next shut down corner, 1st round draft picks Dre and Dennard. Ball hawking S Bates. Awesome D line. And it wasn't just us saying it.

The defense improved in the second half. Don't lose hope. The GENERAL is back next week. He makes the whole D better just by being on the field. Who Dey
Reply/Quote

Where do I begin?

The defense did ok in second half. The Falcons have a great offense. A defense only gets better by playing top quality teams. Lets hope the last two weeks were a learning experience.

The Bad:

The Ugly:

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:54 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The defense improved in the second half. Don't lose hope. The GENERAL is back next week. He makes the whole D better just by being on the field. Who Dey

I hope you're right ! I hope Burfict is the glue that can bring them back together, because right now there's confusion in the secondary on way to many plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That wasn't bogus, Lawson grabbed him up high on the head and shoulders....

It was bogus. His right hand went across the face area, but he did not yank or even hit him hard. He didn't even land on him. 

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1046481657023336448
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My ugly would be the entire defense:

A ton of inexperience playing (pretty much entire LB core, #1 CB, S, rotating DE's). It'll get better (it has to).
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You missed the obvious one for the ugly...

Also, the Oline didn’t keep Dalton entirely clean. Both tackles struggled at times, and
McKinley had 3 sacks.

I didn't realize he had three sacks.  I even looked at the stat sheet to be sure.  I honestly don't remember two of them, but overall, I thought that the line kept him clean and that one penalty on Redmond looked like a joke for the second week in a row.  He used the guys unbalanced approach against him and threw him down.  He is a martial arts guy.  

Hardly call that ugly when they did what they did offensively, but I will agree on "room for improvement".   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That wasn't bogus, Lawson grabbed him up high on the head and shoulders....

I watched it from several angles...his hand went BY his head and landed on his shoulder pad, and they called it for contact to the head.  That being said, they do need to aim lower...like at his dick
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I watched it from several angles...his hand went BY his head and landed on his shoulder pad, and they called it for contact to the head.  That being said, they do need to aim lower...like at his dick

They are trying really, really hard to make football unwatchable. 
Reply/Quote

Where do I begin?

The Bad:

The Ugly:

It is rare to win a road game when 2 of the 3 units have a bad day. Our defense and special teams were bad. TY AD and Lazor and the entire offense for picking up the win.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You missed the obvious one for the ugly...

McKinley had 3 sacks.

Glenn looked awful at times. I wonder how much his knee is effecting his play? He seems like hes a step slow. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
O-line played decent in the first half and the defense played terrible. 2nd half O-line played pretty bad, especially in the 3rd quarter and defense played decent.

The good: Andy, Boyd and Green stepped up. Especially Andy and Boyd.
The bad: Lost Eifert to injury. Also it seems both sides of the team, offense (especially the line) and defense, struggle when it comes to playing good for all 4 quarters.

Other than the inconsistent play from the O-line and defense I'm happy with the result. A lot of guys stepped up when it was needed despite less than optimal play from others on the team. They toughed it out and flew back to Cinci with a good road win. That game winning TD to AJ was pure gold.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't realize he had three sacks.  I even looked at the stat sheet to be sure.  I honestly don't remember two of them, but overall, I thought that the line kept him clean and that one penalty on Redmond looked like a joke for the second week in a row.  He used the guys unbalanced approach against him and threw him down.  He is a martial arts guy.  

Hardly call that ugly when they did what they did offensively, but I will agree on "room for improvement".   ThumbsUp

I was referring to the Eifert injury as the ugly. And boy was it.

Reply/Quote
Special Teams- Alex Erickson had 2 good returns one of 47 yards in the 4th Qtr that helped lead to a field goal
Bullock made all his extra points and the one field goal attempt (I never take these for granted anymore)
Huber landed his only punt on the 8 yard line

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote