Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Cleveland
(10-24-2016, 03:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Wait... What?? Bang Head

“At that point in time I felt pretty naive to everything that was going on,” Boling said. “At the end of the season I was able to talk to Paul and he told me exactly what I needed to do to get better and play in this league. That was what I focused on in the offseason. He doesn’t really have that leeway as far as the season going on but the reality is it's a hard game and everybody has growing pains at some point.”

Alexander doesn't coach people up during the season because he's too busy coaching people up lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 04:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: “At that point in time I felt pretty naive to everything that was going on,” Boling said. “At the end of the season I was able to talk to Paul and he told me exactly what I needed to do to get better and play in this league. That was what I focused on in the offseason. He doesn’t really have that leeway as far as the season going on but the reality is it's a hard game and everybody has growing pains at some point.”

Alexander doesn't coach people up during the season because he's too busy coaching people up lol

Canton bound baby!!!!! Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 04:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: “At that point in time I felt pretty naive to everything that was going on,” Boling said. “At the end of the season I was able to talk to Paul and he told me exactly what I needed to do to get better and play in this league. That was what I focused on in the offseason. He doesn’t really have that leeway as far as the season going on but the reality is it's a hard game and everybody has growing pains at some point.”

So what does he do during the season?  I am dumbfounded by this statement.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 05:21 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: So what does he do during the season?  I am dumbfounded by this statement.

No one has really figured that out yet. Ninja

It was in the Ogbuehi thread, I think....and maybe referenced in the Jim Owszarski sticky....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 02:17 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Hue out coaching our entire staff was kind of hilarious... Hilariously pathetic.

I thought it was funny that our first play was Hue's formation with 3 o linemen and everyone else split out wide and Hue's team wasn't prepared for it. Made me LOL 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 02:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It needs more Clarke, more Hunt (who has impressed) and more Sims plus there is the guys on PuP and IR to be coming in next season such as Billings and perhaps Brandon Thompson at some point this season.

This^ both of our backup DE's have taken a big step this year. Let's get them out there more and see if it continues. And MJ was terrible yesterday, maybe a few more breathers will make him more productive. I also feel sims has been solid this year too

(10-24-2016, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You beat me to it Murdock, nice post. Man, i am excited for Billings next year! Shocked

BILLINGS!!!!! Can't wait!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 05:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I thought it was funny that our first play was Hue's formation with 3 o linemen and everyone else split out wide and Hue's team wasn't prepared for it. Made me LOL 

I'm not certain if that was a 'tip of the hat' to Hue, or we were mocking him. I doubt if we do that again in the next Cleveland game though.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
the good
Dalton protecting the football and being laser accurate
Jeremy Hill planting the foot and just heading north south
Running backs picking up blitz
La Fell playing up.to.his potential
Dunlap being disruptive
A.J possibly saving the season with that catch

the bad.
the Bengals front 7 playing out of their gaps
porous tackling and missed tackles
Shaun Williams getting stripped of the ball
Alex Erickson bobbing a punt
James Wright unable to separate from cb unfit for the NFL

the ugly
it shoudon't take a Hail Mary to.jump start a team
not finishing the QB in a blitz aka Shawn Williams
Kevin Hogan blowing past 6 would be tacklers to.the end zone
Reply/Quote
Love what Geno has done for the team

This year, he is just another guy out there ( to quote DC on 2014 season)

Our D line is awful. Our awful oline even with Og played at a higher level on Sunday then D line.

Bodine and Ray M- continual below average production and refusal by coaches to replace these guys- year after year.
Reply/Quote
Without the Hail Mary caught by aj it's a 7 point game and there is no telling what could of happened had it been closer.

Agree-Andy looked better
Our dline sucks
Our secondary looked good, if Williams could guard as well as he hits people
Then he could be a big time stud
Og- everyone saw what we saw yesterday that was pitiful
Michael Johnson has completely disappeared
A 5th string qb should not be able to put 100 yrds rushing on us
Tackle tackle tackle! We seem to worry more about the stripping then all on a big play trather than just bringing the guy down
Nugent had a bad day I'll give him a pass since he beat Miami for us
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 02:58 PM)Benton Wrote: We beat them by two scores, and outscored them in every quarter (except the fourth where no one scored). Yeah, Hue doesn't have much to work with, but Hue isn't outcoaching anyone so far this season. He's competitively winless.

Yeah, he out coached us. We won because of out talent, not our coaching. 
Reply/Quote