Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Cleveland
The Good:  

Andy Dalton- dropping dimes.  

AJ Green- Yes, the Hail Mary was great,  but his one-handed grab down the sideline was amazing.

Jeremy Hill- Can this Hill please stay?  Broke tackles, and what do you know???  When he is thrown the ball, he actually catches it.  And they did it twice in one game!!!  

Brandon LaFell- Great concentration on his long grab to slow down, stay in bounds, and get to the end zone.

The Bad:

The Defensive Line:  It didn't matter who was in there, because huge gaps in the line allowed the Browns to average over 6 yards per carry.  Thank God the offense showed up and could get a lead, because as it was the Browns dominated time of possession and they could just grind it out.  A 4th string QB and the Bengals STILL couldn't stop the running game.  And they also had a third string center.  Groan.

Nugent.  Nuff' said.  

The Ugly:  

Michael Johnson looked awful.  Slow, bad reads, and didn't get any pressure.  Clarke needs more playing time.  

Ced O. - Was hoping for a bounce back game, and he didn't get it

Who would you add to either group?  Disagree (Fred)?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Good:  

AJ Green- Yes, the Hail Mary was great,  but his one-handed grab down the sideline was amazing.
Jeremy Hill- Can this Hill please stay?  Broke tackles, and what do you know???  When he is thrown the ball, he actually catches it.  And they did it twice in one game!!!  
Brandon LaFell- Great concentration on his long grab to slow down, stay in bounds, and get to the end zone.

The Bad:

The Defensive Line:  It didn't matter who was in there, because huge gaps in the line allowed the Browns to average over 6 yards per carry.  Thank God the offense showed up and could get a lead, because as it was the Browns dominated time of possession and they could just grind it out.  A 4th string QB and the Bengals STILL couldn't stop the running game.  And they also had a third string center.  Groan.

Nugent.  Nuff' said.  

The Ugly:  

Michael Johnson looked awful.  Slow, bad reads, and didn't get any pressure.  Clarke needs more playing time.  

Ugly- how they let this backup qb run all
Over is crazy.  Figure out how to stop him. Not like he was going to throw

Good- eifert played and got his feet wet 
Gio also played well

Also - Lafell is really starting to become a reliable second option.
Reply/Quote
The Bad and Ugly:

The defense in general. I read a lot of quotes where Burfict and Rey thought they settled down and played pretty well. Apparently my eyes saw something completely different. IMO they were horrible against a bad team. Out of position, Michael Johnson especially, and our linebacker corp is very weak - and I never thought I'd say this but Burfict doesn't look very good either.

Cedric O. is a train wreck. I understand them keeping with him for development but it's come to a point where he needs to be replaced if they want to salvage this season. By playing him they are jeopardizing the teams success. That's just stupidity. Let him backup Winston for the remainder of the year. This fan's seen enough of this 1st rounder for 2016.

Coaching again, this time outcoached badly by Hue. If talent were the same Hue would've schooled his friend / previous boss.

Good:

Obviously Andy, AJ, Lafelle, Gio and Jeremy Hill. I was going to say the entire offense but the OL didn't pass protect very well, but I'm willing to give them a pass because they did a good job opening holes in the run game. And who knows, take Ced O out and maybe the pass pro would've been better.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I think they should bench Ogbuehi for Winston until we are firmly out of playoff contention. Then give him all the reps you want.

But while we're still in the playoff race, it almost reeks of ignorance putting him out there. He's a proven liability.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The defensive line sure looks like it needs rebuilt.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:49 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Honestly, I think they should bench Ogbuehi for Winston until we are firmly out of playoff contention.  Then give him all the reps you want.

But while we're still in the playoff race, it almost reeks of ignorance putting him out there.  He's a proven liability.

Agreed.  I'll be interested to see what they do.  Yesterday, against the team with the worst record in the NFL they alternated series between Winston and Ogbuehi.   On the series that Winston was in Alexander was standing next to Og educating him.  I like the effort and the idea.  But apparently it had no appreciable effect.

I'll be interested in seeing what the guy does with a complete off season, but he is looking like a massive bust.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:07 AM)3wt Wrote: Agreed.  I'll be interested to see what they do.  Yesterday, against the team with the worst record in the NFL they alternated series between Winston and Ogbuehi.   On the series that Winston was in Alexander was standing next to Og educating him.  I like the effort and the idea.  But apparently it had no appreciable effect.

I'll be interested in seeing what the guy does with a complete off season, but he is looking like a massive bust.

He will be fine, but you can't get him there at the expense of Andy.  Sit him until he is ready (might be next year by that's ok)
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The defensive line sure looks like it needs rebuilt.

A defensive line anchored by an aging Pecko just isnt getting it done anymore. Couple that with MJs play and its bad. The only solid players on the d line now are Atkins and Dunlap. Clark shows flashes but isnt consistent and doesnt play enough. 

Hopefully Billings can step up in the future and hold down the line a little better but Pecko just isnt getting any push. A line of Clark, Billings, Atkins, and Dunlap sounds pretty solid on paper. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We definitely need to grab a DE in the draft next year, but if Billings and Sims can both stay healthy, I think we will be ok at DT in 2017. I wonder if Clarke will be getting more snaps than MJ by the end of this season...
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote

The Bad:

Nugent.  Nuff' said.  

The Ugly:  

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The good?

How about the secondary. They completely took the Cleveland WRs out of the game:

7 catches. That's pretty ugly for an offense to have 7 from the WRs in a game.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: A defensive line anchored by an aging Pecko just isnt getting it done anymore. Couple that with MJs play and its bad. The only solid players on the d line now are Atkins and Dunlap. Clark shows flashes but isnt consistent and doesnt play enough. 

Hopefully Billings can step up in the future and hold down the line a little better but Pecko just isnt getting any push. A line of Clark, Billings, Atkins, and Dunlap sounds pretty solid on paper. 

Yep, and of course most fans on here have been calling for the D-line to be addressed early in draft for several years now. Plus the departure of D-line coach is not helping either. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:05 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Ugly- how they let this backup qb run all
Over is crazy.  Figure out how to stop him. Not like he was going to throw

Good- eifert played and got his feet wet 
Gio also played well

Also - Lafell is really starting to become a reliable second option.

Yep, have to stop the QB running the college read option play over and over. 

This is the one problem I have with Hue though. He is great at figuring plays that work.

But often does it at the expense and risk of hurting his QB. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hue out coaching our entire staff was kind of hilarious... Hilariously pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The defensive line sure looks like it needs rebuilt.

It needs more Clarke, more Hunt (who has impressed) and more Sims plus there is the guys on PuP and IR to be coming in next season such as Billings and perhaps Brandon Thompson at some point this season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 11:15 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: He will be fine, but you can't get him there at the expense of Andy.  Sit him until he is ready (might be next year by that's ok)

It won't be until next year. Paul Alexander doesn't help his guys get better until the off season. He just doesn't like to coach people up during the season because he's too busy coaching... Or at least that's what Boling said in a quote.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 02:17 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Hue out coaching our entire staff was kind of hilarious... Hilariously pathetic.

We beat them by two scores, and outscored them in every quarter (except the fourth where no one scored). Yeah, Hue doesn't have much to work with, but Hue isn't outcoaching anyone so far this season. He's competitively winless.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 02:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It won't be until next year. Paul Alexander doesn't help his guys get better until the off season. He just doesn't like to coach people up during the season because he's too busy coaching... Or at least that's what Boling said in a quote.

Wait... What?? Bang Head
Reply/Quote

The Bad:

Nugent.  Nuff' said.  

The Ugly:  

Well said, Andy, AJ, Lafell, Hill, Gio all played very well yesterday. The O-line looks better with Winston out there so
keep him out there so we can get on a role and make the Playoffs. I am for sitting Og now and letting him learn for
another year before getting Andy killed. I am not giving up on him, we just cannot lose our chance cuz of one guy.

Peko is done and MJ has been really disappointing this year. Need to see more of Sims, Clarke and Hunt out there.
Hunt sure put a licking on Kessler on that one play. Peko and MJ are holding this DL back right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 02:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It needs more Clarke, more Hunt (who has impressed) and more Sims plus there is the guys on PuP and IR to be coming in next season such as Billings and perhaps Brandon Thompson at some point this season.

You beat me to it Murdock, nice post. Man, i am excited for Billings next year! Shocked
Reply/Quote