Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Iowa Thread
The Caucuses are underway.

Early exiting polling has Trump leading at 27% with Cruz at 23% and Rubio a surprising 22%. For the Democrats, Bernie is sitting at 47% and Hillary at 46%.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I just read Trump 33, Cruz 32

Hillary 53 Bernie 46

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-01-2016, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just read Trump 33, Cruz 32

Hillary 53 Bernie 46

only 4% of GOP reporting in, but it has Cruz now at 31, Trump 30, and Rubio 16. No delegates allocated yet. 

DEM at 15% and the same numbers you heard. 8 of 52 delegates allocated. Hillary has 6 and 2 are uncommitted. 

(02-01-2016, 10:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: only 4% of GOP reporting in, but it has Cruz now at 31, Trump 30, and Rubio 16. No delegates allocated yet. 

DEM at 15% and the same numbers you heard. 8 of 52 delegates allocated. Hillary has 6 and 2 are uncommitted. 

More Republicans will vote after they get off work. Dems had all day. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

81% in and Trump is only 1.5% ahead of Rubio for 2nd place.

Meanwhile, O'Malley is out with only .6%.

Hillary has 24 delegates to Bernie's 16.

Those Republicans with less than 5% need to announce they are done.

That's embarrassing, even for Bush even though he'll say "We'll do better in New Hampshire" and continue.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(02-02-2016, 12:26 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Those Republicans with less than 5% need to announce they are done.

That's embarrassing, even for Bush even though he'll say "We'll do better in New Hampshire" and continue.

Kasich won't drop out. He's in 2nd to Trump in New Hampshire. Rand won't either. Everyone else should, though.

btw, they called it for Cruz
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/donald-trump-iowa-caucus-2016-218557?lo=ut_a1

Hillary 25, Bernie 19 with 6 delegates left. At this point, Bernie can, at best, tie Hillary for the delegates.

Huck out as he said he would be if he didn't win.

(02-01-2016, 11:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: More Republicans will vote after they get off work. Dems had all day. 

Heeeeyyyyooooooohhhhhhh!

Lol @ O'Malley with 0.6%
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
As it's not a winner take all state the only real importance of "winning" is the perceived momentum it gives you. Trump has such a huge lead on Cruz in NH that I don't think losing Iowa damages him at all.
Cruz the winner.
Looks like Fox is really pulling for Rubio.....if Cruz didn't win, he's done....if Trump didn't win, he's in trouble. But Rubio beats expectations while still finishing third - LOOKOUT!!!! ALL BOARD THE REPUBLICAN OBAMA TRAIN!!!!!
Trump - nothing but class and dignity in defeat that only a billionaire could bring: "I really like Iowa...I think I might buy a farm here"
Saw a clip of Hillary speaking with Bill standing behind her, mouth hanging wide open and standing motionless....I thought he was either a cardboard cutout or having a stroke.
(02-02-2016, 02:28 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Saw a clip of Hillary speaking with Bill standing behind her, mouth hanging wide open and standing motionless....I thought he was either a cardboard cutout or having a stroke.

Looked like he was mouthing the speech during the beginning. Agreed though, the guy looked borderline ********.
I saw this about potential voter fraud in Iowa on behalf of the Clinton supporters. http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4578575/clinton-voter-fraud-polk-county-iowa-caucus

A quick breakdown from a redditor on the video:
Quote:So basically in the caucus they have to hand count everyone depending on what side they're sitting on. Well when it came time to do the second count the numbers were off. The first vote breakdown was like this

FIRST VOTE: 215 Sanders 210 Clinton 26 O'Malley 8 Undecided 459 TOTAL

And this is the SECOND Vote: 232 Clinton 224 Sanders 456 Total

So somehow they lost 3 people but Clinton's vote went up by 22.

So basically what had happened was Hillary's team didn't take the time to do a full recount instead she just added the new people who joined the second vote. Which clearly wasn't an accurate count.

It should be noted the caucus captain asks the Clinton chair if she had counted him yet.
So after two years of campaigning so far what have we learned?

Cruz won Iowa...where Santorum won 2012 and Huckabee won in 2008.

Trump lost...and doesn't care.

Rubio did better than expected so he's not going away.

Clinton and Sanders are neck and neck because no one wants either one.

Only 10 months plus until a vote that counts!

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-02-2016, 02:24 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Looks like Fox is really pulling for Rubio.....if Cruz didn't win, he's done....if Trump didn't win, he's in trouble.  But Rubio beats expectations while still finishing third - LOOKOUT!!!!   ALL BOARD THE REPUBLICAN OBAMA TRAIN!!!!!

LOL

I had been thinking Cruz was going to get the nod down the road, but fox's love for Rubio has me wondering if that isn't going to give him a push to get ahead.