Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(08-10-2021, 02:33 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Auden Tate is under used in this offense

If Auden Tate ever becomes a big part of this offense I'd wager something went very wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-10-2021, 03:56 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: The more I think about this I think it’s the carman pick that should be in question.  There were a lot of good offensive lineman available when we decided to not only trade back but then also take Jackson Carman

I wanted that Teven Jenkins from Okie State.   

But just listened to a Bears podcast, he's been out all camp with some kind of phantom injury and every Bears fan thinks he's damaged goods.

So it could be a LOT WORSE! 

The thing about Chase that tells me he will be fine is his mental makeup.   He works hard.  It will all start to slow down for him soon.  He's a young one yet.
(08-10-2021, 04:46 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: I wanted that Teven Jenkins from Okie State.   

But just listened to a Bears podcast, he's been out all camp with some kind of phantom injury and every Bears fan thinks he's damaged goods.

So it could be a LOT WORSE! 

The thing about Chase that tells me he will be fine is his mental makeup.   He works hard.  It will all start to slow down for him soon.  He's a young one yet.

Chase just burnt Darius Phillips and got some good separation. ThumbsUp

(08-10-2021, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Next you'll try to tell us his 1 TD in three seasons means he isn't actually the ultimate red-zone threat.  Seriously though, I quadruple checked that...Auden Tate really only has a single TD?  

You need to check these things five times. The fifth time is where the truth lies.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

That was a very nice route by Chase
(08-10-2021, 04:30 PM)Stewy Wrote: Just put him on ignore like I did.  he has nothing to say of any value on any topic.  The only time I have to see his idiocies is when he gets quoted.  lol

Like, I understand that people have different view points and people won'tsee anywhere close to eye to eye, but maaaaan some of this stuff just makes me wonder. I just don't get keeping the foot on the gas of the negativity train.

Chase has had 3 weeks of actual practice... only 1 of which was in pads... after a year off. Like, give him a minute. lol
(08-10-2021, 08:21 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: That was a very nice route by Chase

Yeah it was, that was almost uncoverable.
(08-10-2021, 08:23 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Like, I understand that people have different view points and people won'tsee anywhere close to eye to eye, but maaaaan some of this stuff just makes me wonder. I just don't get keeping the foot on the gas of the negativity train.

Chase has had 3 weeks of actual practice... only 1 of which was in pads... after a year off. Like, give him a minute. lol

If only we had drafted Sewell....the whole line would block better, every WR would catch like they have stickem on their hands and Burrow could will the ball with his MIND to his receivers without ever winding up.  

What WERE we thinking?!?!?!?!
(08-10-2021, 09:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: If only we had drafted Sewell....the whole line would block better, every WR would catch like they have stickem on their hands and Burrow could will the ball with his MIND to his receivers without ever winding up.  

What WERE we thinking?!?!?!?!

Wink

Forgot this. Sarcasm
(08-10-2021, 02:28 PM)Tony Wrote: Why would you even ask this? It's like some fans here want the team to keep being bad. Like they get off on it...

Some people would rather be "right" than be happy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-10-2021, 09:20 PM)jason Wrote: Some people would rather be "right" than be happy.

Which is strange to me. I am the opposite.

Would rather be happy and us winning a Super Bowl than right and us sucking it up. Mellow
(08-10-2021, 08:23 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Like, I understand that people have different view points and people won'tsee anywhere close to eye to eye, but maaaaan some of this stuff just makes me wonder. I just don't get keeping the foot on the gas of the negativity train.

Your definitely right. But as someone who was starting to get a little negative its not just that we took Chase at 5 its that we passed on one of those early lineman and the one we did take in the 2nd appears to be having some growing pains. But its only a few weeks for him as well. I just think with the slow start to camp it got some ppl myself included a little more on edge than they should have been. I think were all just ready for some football. That hopefully doesn't involve our QB getting hit a billion times.
(08-10-2021, 10:21 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: From the doubters.......Chase = John Ross. 

From the kool aid drinkers.......Chase = the 2nd coming of Randy Moss. 

I'm somewhere in the middle.  Happy we got Chase and hopeful he turns into a solid WR for us for years to come.  But also, acknowledging the fact he's in his very first TC and hasn't even seen his first game yet.  

Ups and downs, strikes and gutters......its all part of the process.  

I remember reading a report back in the day on ESPN's website about when Jerry Rice was a rookie receiver, he had a practice once where he dropped every ball thrown his way, never had a single catch in that practice.   The coaches were thinking of dropping him right after that practice, but Joe Cool talked them out of it, asked them to give him one more shot at the next practice.  

Close, but it was actually everyone else that wanted to bench him and Walsh was the one that stayed in his corner. I remember reading an article about Rice and the wide open offense of MVS when i was a senior so i always kept an eye on him. I remembered the hoopla you're speaking of and reading about it so i went digging and this is what i found. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2006/too-deep-zone-jerry-rice-rookie-bust

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-10-2021, 09:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah it was, that was almost uncoverable.

I agree he got Awuzie all kinds of twisted up there.
(08-10-2021, 09:27 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I agree he got Awuzie all kinds of twisted up there.

And Awuzie has been our best outside Corner in camp...
(08-10-2021, 09:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And Awuzie has been our best outside Corner in camp...

From the sounds of it our whole secondary has been looking good. I'm really excited to see how they stack up with Tampa's WR's. 
(08-10-2021, 09:42 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: From the sounds of it our whole secondary has been looking good. I'm really excited to see how they stack up with Tampa's WR's. 

Yeah, Hilton has been great, Waynes has been damn good and our Safeties have been damn good.

We all know Bates and Bell are expected to be good but Ricardo Allen was a fantastic pick up IMO.
(08-10-2021, 09:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah it was, that was almost uncoverable.

That move damn near broke Awuzie's ankles!!  Tongue
(08-10-2021, 09:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That move damn near broke Awuzie's ankles!!  Tongue

It took like 4 seconds though. Not sure Joe will have that kind of time. Would have to be a bootleg