Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(08-09-2021, 11:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: None of the WR's have gotten a lot of separation all camp and Taylor chalked it up to being in the install phase and the D knowing the routes.  Chase has consistently been in the TC highlights every day and has already moved past Tate on the depth chart, so I think he's doing ok.  With all the money they've dropped on the secondary, it would also be a big concern if a rookie just stepped in and beat up on everybody the first week of camp, too.  

You don't like to hear about drops, but they happen in TC.  Boyd, Higgins, and Tate have all had drops, too.  

Omg dude not boyd Tate Higgins etc we’re taken 5th overall and again as someone who played the position my entire athletic life I understand drops happen but when ur taken 5th overall it’s cuz there is something special about u...u are on a whole other level than let’s say anyone else taken much later like a round later let alone 6 rounds later in Tate. Again y’all need to follow the bouncing ball on this point I’m trying to make..... what we are hearing from camp in regards to chase and drops and not winning jump balls and no separation is not what u should be hearing about ur top 5 pick imo. And if I remember correctly all the chase genius’s in here were citing the stat that showed our receivers last year ranking almost if not dead last in separation from coverage as the justification for taking chase 5th overall over a massive body guard for our recently destroyed franchise qb. So to hear not only the drops and not winning jump balls but to most importantly hear that he specifically is not being able to create separation worries me cuz again this is our top 5 pick he’s is supposed to be different than Tate Boyd and Higgins. That’s why we took him 5th not 38.
I like Tate, where does he fit in the picture?
Chase's pre-draft workout was incredible. I'm not worried. It'll come.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-10-2021, 11:26 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I like Tate, where does he fit in the picture?

I do not get why some think Tate is this secret weapon. I’ve never seen it.

And his skill set unfortunately doesn’t match with how this passing offense rolls.

Quick passes. Quick separation. Tate is the opposite of quick
(08-10-2021, 11:33 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I do not get why some think Tate is this secret weapon. I’ve never seen it.

And his skill set unfortunately doesn’t match with how this passing offense rolls.

Quick passes. Quick separation. Tate is the opposite of quick

Next you'll try to tell us his 1 TD in three seasons means he isn't actually the ultimate red-zone threat.  Seriously though, I quadruple checked that...Auden Tate really only has a single TD?  
Talking regrets in the kids 1st camp. Argh
(08-10-2021, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Next you'll try to tell us his 1 TD in three seasons means he isn't actually the ultimate red-zone threat.  Seriously though, I quadruple checked that...Auden Tate really only has a single TD?  

Tate is what he's always been; a good #4 with potential to be a 1st down/move the sticks role-player, with his catch-radius and length; we've seen him do it all in the past 3 years (though 2018 was basically only PS where he showed this off) and the numbers back it up (40/58 catches being 1st downs is excellent and better than Boyd, who's a 1st down magnet).

He's been super-disappointing in the RZ and he isn't that fast, but he definitely has a spot on the team as a role player and he WILL contribute, if healthy.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(08-10-2021, 11:15 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lol fair enough but my point is that when u take a guy fifth overall I understand losing the occasional battle here and there but hearing that he’s Had a lot of drops to hear he’s not winning jump balls and to hear he can’t consistently create separation is not what ur supposed to hear about ur 5th overall pick.

I just think its rust and our Secondary playing great while we are installing the Offense.

Chase will come around, same with Carman.
(08-10-2021, 11:21 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Omg dude not boyd Tate Higgins etc we’re taken 5th overall and again as someone who played the position my entire athletic life I understand drops happen but when ur taken 5th overall it’s cuz there is something special about u...u are on a whole other level than let’s say anyone else taken much later like a round later let alone 6 rounds later in Tate.  Again y’all need to follow the bouncing ball on this point I’m trying to make..... what we are hearing from camp in regards to chase and drops and not winning jump balls and no separation is not what u should be hearing about ur top 5 pick imo.  And if I remember correctly all the chase genius’s in here were citing the stat that showed our receivers last year ranking almost if not dead last in separation from coverage as the justification for taking chase 5th overall over a massive body guard for our recently destroyed franchise qb.  So to hear not only the drops and not winning jump balls but to most importantly hear that he specifically is not being able to create separation worries me cuz again this is our top 5 pick he’s is supposed to be different than Tate Boyd and Higgins.  That’s why we took him 5th not 38.

We can agree that Brady is the GOAT of QBs, correct?  I mean, if you go by winning actual titles.  Well, Brady left the Pats not because he didn't have a good offensive line, as they did have that.  He wanted weapons.  He always wanted more weapons.  He isn't the most mobile guy, but it was weapons he sought. 

Think he knows a bit more than you about how to score points?
(08-10-2021, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Next you'll try to tell us his 1 TD in three seasons means he isn't actually the ultimate red-zone threat.  Seriously though, I quadruple checked that...Auden Tate really only has a single TD?  

I think people remember the circus catch show Tate put on against the Ravens as a rookie and think that is indicative of who he is as a player every week.
(08-10-2021, 11:21 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Omg dude not boyd Tate Higgins etc we’re taken 5th overall and again as someone who played the position my entire athletic life I understand drops happen but when ur taken 5th overall it’s cuz there is something special about u...u are on a whole other level than let’s say anyone else taken much later like a round later let alone 6 rounds later in Tate.  Again y’all need to follow the bouncing ball on this point I’m trying to make..... what we are hearing from camp in regards to chase and drops and not winning jump balls and no separation is not what u should be hearing about ur top 5 pick imo.  And if I remember correctly all the chase genius’s in here were citing the stat that showed our receivers last year ranking almost if not dead last in separation from coverage as the justification for taking chase 5th overall over a massive body guard for our recently destroyed franchise qb.  So to hear not only the drops and not winning jump balls but to most importantly hear that he specifically is not being able to create separation worries me cuz again this is our top 5 pick he’s is supposed to be different than Tate Boyd and Higgins.  That’s why we took him 5th not 38.
I think you are missing the point. It's to early to write him off. Were you not skiddish your 1st couple of days of TC? I imagine it's a huge jump from college to the NFL. Rookies tend to overthink instead of just relaxing and react naturally. It'll come to him.
(08-10-2021, 12:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Tate is what he's always been; a good #4 with potential to be a 1st down/move the sticks role-player, with his catch-radius and length; we've seen him do it all in the past 3 years (though 2018 was basically only PS where he showed this off) and the numbers back it up (40/58 catches being 1st downs is excellent and better than Boyd, who's a 1st down magnet).

He's been super-disappointing in the RZ and he isn't that fast, but he definitely has a spot on the team as a role player and he WILL contribute, if healthy.

In Auden Tates defense, ZT is a horrible red zone play caller.
This team hasnt been good in the RZ since Lazor was OC.
ZT doesnt even know how create RZ mismatches with personel
Anybody recall the great Drew Sample getting worked
Over by Myles Jack. That doesnt happen to Tate. 
Ive  seen Tate make catches that not alot of WRs could not  make. 
Ive said all along if Tate was in a actual offense that was $$$
In the red zone, his numbers would look much better
The Chiefs, Saints, Browns come to mind.
(08-10-2021, 02:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Chiefs, Saints, Browns come to mind.

Are you saying that if Auden Tate was the number 4 on an elite offense, he’d be better?

Woah... That’s some good stuff there
(08-10-2021, 01:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: We can agree that Brady is the GOAT of QBs, correct?  I mean, if you go by winning actual titles.  Well, Brady left the Pats not because he didn't have a good offensive line, as they did have that.  He wanted weapons.  He always wanted more weapons.  He isn't the most mobile guy, but it was weapons he sought. 

Think he knows a bit more than you about how to score points?

How many of those weapons are utilized if Brady isn’t protected by the best oline in the league??? Yea they had weapons and I agree especially with the way offenses are today u need weapons but I’ll never concede u need weapons before protection upfront. Especially when u already have good weapons and a terrible offensive line. There’s a reason people say u build inside out. With burrow already destroyed how we are in this offensive line issue again is baffling to me. Brady has never needed weapons hes needed protection cuz he’s never been mobile... it wasn’t until Brady’s game dipped did he start asking and needing more weapons but Brady has always had and needed good protection upfront always...first and foremost. Now Brady needs good protection and weapons. Also it’s not like we didn’t have weapons before chase we had two young thousand yard capable wide receivers an elite franchise qb and a top running back. Sure we could use another receiver but more than an elite offensive lineman hahahahaha naw y’all are high and to be here is bitter sweet cuz those of us who wanted a offensive lineman knew this day was coming where we are back to desperate for more olineman help
Both Chase and Sewell will have slower starts to their careers. You have to treat them like a guy coming back from a season ending injury. They haven’t played in a year. Reps are important. There is a mental aspect to it as well that may be building back up from a year away.
(08-10-2021, 01:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think you are missing the point. It's to early to write him off. Were you not skiddish your 1st couple of days of TC? I imagine it's a huge jump from college to the NFL. Rookies tend to overthink instead of just relaxing and react naturally. It'll come to him.

Hope so and I’m not writing him off it’s just very disheartening when what we should’ve done was go Sewell but instead we were all essentially told rest easy we’re gonna go chase cuz he’s can’t miss and we’ve got the olineman we want to solidify us upfront however now news from camp is that Jackson Carman has a loooooong way to go and is at the bottom of the depth chart and the can’t miss guy in chase is having a rough go to politely put it. I understand the defense has been looking good and that’s really positive but I think I speak for most when I say I could care less about any other news really other than the offensive line and it getting better or not.
Why would you even ask this? It's like some fans here want the team to keep being bad. Like they get off on it...
(08-10-2021, 02:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Are you saying that if Auden Tate was the number 4 on an elite offense, he’d be better?

Woah... That’s some good stuff there
Elite offenses have very intelligent offensive minds that are
Creating those offenses. Wake me up when the Bengals
Have a  OC that knows how to create matchup issues 
With a defense. 
Auden Tate is under used in this offense
The more I think about this I think it’s the carman pick that should be in question. There were a lot of good offensive lineman available when we decided to not only trade back but then also take Jackson Carman
(08-10-2021, 02:33 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Auden Tate is under used in this offense

First of all, elite offenses have great offensive lines

Secondly, LOL Tate is not as good as you think. Lay off the white claws, sister