Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(08-22-2021, 07:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And he will. Season hasn't even started yet. This is exactly what pre season is for.... rookies to get their feet wet.

Agree. ThumbsUp
Wait a minute, is this the first round curse, NoOoOoO! He’s injured his brain!
Is he still a top 3 receiver on the team? Should he start over Tate in 3 wr sets? Stay away from him on 3rd and 4th down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-22-2021, 07:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ross was #9OA. Literally one pick before Mahomes.

We couldn't draft Mahomes because it may have hurt Daltons feelings. 

(08-22-2021, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He learned a new word and is throwing it around all over the place. Reminds me of one of these college kids that think they know everything calling everyone boomers. 

Frank’s just stuck in his shtick of trying too hard to be a hard **** on the interwebs. 
(08-22-2021, 07:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A couple of you are going to look like complete idiots when these threads are revisited.

Tbf a couple have already achieved that status. 
(08-22-2021, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow has high expectations and I hope he can live up.

That’s absolutely true but are the football pundits putting too much pressure on Joe Burrow? Most sportswriters and commentators aren’t worth their weight in excreta and one and all seem to place what I see are unreasonably high expectations on Joe.
(08-22-2021, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No one knew what Mahomes would be same with Rodgers, Burrow has high expectations and I hope he can live up.

Mahommes was a top prospect with a high ceiling that was said to have Favre-like potential IF he goes to a good system and is given time to learn.  The Chiefs traded up to get him, he was in Andy Reid's system, he sat for a year behind Alex Smith (who also looked great in the system) despite Mahommes getting rave reviews in practice, training camp, and the pre-season.
Just adding another video for those who haven’t seen it…Chase drops a pass in the end zone which ends up getting intercepted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesRapien/status/1429525175494660096
(08-22-2021, 09:27 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Just adding another video for those who haven’t seen it…Chase drops a pass in the end zone which ends up getting intercepted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesRapien/status/1429525175494660096

He's thinking too damn much... The whole idea of opting out for a year sounded great on paper, but I'd wager many of them would change that if they could do it all over.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
If all else fails, look at the film.

I just spent about twenty minutes on YouTube looking at Ja’Marr Chase highlight film during his final year at LSU and something jumped out at me really quick so I watched more tape to confirm my suspicion.

The vast majority of touchdowns where Chase scored on a throw from Joe Burrow were outside the numbers. That means the route is run between the numbers on the field and the sideline. Chase occasionally scored on “go” routes and even more rarely on medium to deep crossing routes but I never saw any instance where Chase was targeted on short slant routes. He and Burrow connected almost exclusively on straight line speed routes outside the numbers; the closer to the sideline the better.

No wonder Ja’Marr Chase looks scared running those short over the middle slants. He is! From what I could see it appears to be the first time he has been asked to run this kind of route; I don’t think it’s a good idea to continue trying. He is an outside the numbers speed burner, period.
(08-22-2021, 09:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yep... I don't remember him looking particularly great in the preseason either. Hell his first game was rather forgettable minus the long TD catch from Gradkowski while the Browns stood around on defense. I miss those Browns by the way. I don't like these new ones.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
John Ross?
Jerry Rice once dropped a pass

Ja'Marr Chase drops passes

Ja'Marr=GOAT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-22-2021, 09:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If all else fails, look at the film.

I just spent about twenty minutes on YouTube looking at Ja’Marr Chase highlight film during his final year at LSU and something jumped out at me really quick so I watched more tape to confirm my suspicion.

The vast majority of touchdowns where Chase scored on a throw from Joe Burrow were outside the numbers.  That means the route is run between the numbers on the field and the sideline.  Chase occasionally scored on “go” routes and even more rarely on medium to deep crossing routes but I never saw any instance where Chase was targeted on short slant routes. He and Burrow connected almost exclusively on straight line speed routes outside the numbers; the closer to the sideline the better.

No wonder Ja’Marr Chase looks scared running those short over the middle slants.  He is!  From what I could see it appears to be the first time he has been asked to run this kind of route; I don’t think it’s a good idea to continue trying. He is an outside the numbers speed burner, period.

No.

12 routes across the middle. Not all crossing routes but your point is not valid. He's a complete receiver.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-22-2021, 09:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not concerned about Jamarr yet, but Green 2011-2013 had a less accurate qb than Jamarr currently has

also this bengals team has 2 proven guys at receiver with the potential of chase being a stud as well

Andy had Green, Jerome Simpson, Gresham for his first 2 years. Marvin and Sanu really broke out in 2013. So Green was counted on to be THE guy, and received a ton of looks from Dalton
Saw a stat on a guy with perhaps the best hands in history, Larry Fitzgerald. Larry has had more tackles (41) than drops in his career (28)..

Hold up, 28 drops in 17 years?! Mind blowing.
Someone will respond and tell me this is getting old but this is the same franchise that drafted Ross when our o line desperately needed re-enforcements.

Sound familiar?

Having made the questionable decision to take a wr who laid off a year with the number 5th pick, they should have spent way more on o line vets to protect Burrow and to establish a running game.

I hope Chase turns into AJ and that our line is amazing and that I am proven wrong. But I don't think so.
(08-22-2021, 07:28 PM)SladeX Wrote: If you do like I did, and set up 50 replies per page, then this thread is only up to 10 pages. 

Chase is under a microscope,  comparisons to Sewell will always occur, especially if he underperforms, but I suspect will continue even years from now even if only as a matter of curiosity. 

Deal with it.

Nope.  Don't have to deal with it.  It's why I liberally use the ignore function.