Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
Way too early to evaluate Chase pick but another bad game by him could warrant more playing time for Tate, he needs to earn that 3rd WR spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-24-2021, 12:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Way too early to evaluate Chase pick but another bad game by him could warrant more playing time for Tate, he needs to earn that 3rd WR spot.

You don’t draft guys #5OA to ride the pine. He’s playing the majority of the snaps.
Well, supposedly in the 2nd half of practice yesterday, Chase caught every ball thrown his way.
Heres the question...its 3rd and 6. Tate and Chase are both wide open past sticks game 1 Vikings
Who do you trust to throw too....Tate or Chase?
(08-24-2021, 01:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You don’t draft guys #5OA to ride the pine. He’s playing the majority of the snaps.

They sat Palmer for a year and a half lol

(Excluding Mixon) Higgins and Boyd are currently the 1 and 2 options in this offense. Chase is 3
(08-24-2021, 12:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Way too early to evaluate Chase pick but another bad game by him could warrant more playing time for Tate, he needs to earn that 3rd WR spot.

I agree 100%.

Hell, Ross was given years to show he had something, anything at all, and he couldn't.

Chase will not take that long. And he won't need to be "still a rookie" going into his second season either.

Tate's a good player and will get playing time and should get playing time.

(08-24-2021, 01:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Heres the question...its 3rd and 6. Tate and Chase are both wide open past sticks game 1 Vikings
Who do you trust to throw too....Tate or Chase?

If it's an easy catch, Chase. If it is a triple somersault, 11' in the air, then stick the landing before going out of bounds, Tate. Tate can't make simple catches, he is better with the acrobatic catches away from his body. 
(08-23-2021, 07:39 PM)SladeX Wrote: I've never used the ignore feature, and never will. I think it's weak.

* adds to ignore list *

Just kidding LOL
(08-24-2021, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If it's an easy catch, Chase. If it is a triple somersault, 11' in the air, then stick the landing before going out of bounds, Tate. Tate can't make simple catches, he is better with the acrobatic catches away from his body. 

Interesting. I'm not exactly sure how the QB is suppose to know if the catch will be an easy one or an acrobatic one before he throws the ball.

Maybe he could be more "off-target" when throwing to Tate to make it a difficult catch.  Wink

(08-24-2021, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If it's an easy catch, Chase. If it is a triple somersault, 11' in the air, then stick the landing before going out of bounds, Tate. Tate can't make simple catches, he is better with the acrobatic catches away from his body. 

When was the last time you saw Tate actually drop a,ball
Right in his hands?
Well this definitely is not good if true. Apparently his girlfriend or baby mama, or whatever she is, is accusing him of putting his hands on her. I believe this among other posts have been deleted.

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-24-2021, 01:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They sat Palmer for a year and a half lol

(Excluding Mixon) Higgins and Boyd are currently the 1 and 2 options in this offense. Chase is 3

You’re correct, Tate is #4.
(08-24-2021, 02:06 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When was the last time you saw Tate actually drop a,ball
Right in his hands?

He's dropped a few. And it was him that said the harder ones were easier for him than the easy ones....
https://theathletic.com/2788473/2021/08/25/bengals-doing-what-they-can-to-help-rookie-wr-jamarr-chase-work-through-drop-issues/?source=emp_shared_article

Bengals doing all they can to salvage the Chase pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-25-2021, 10:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: https://theathletic.com/2788473/2021/08/25/bengals-doing-what-they-can-to-help-rookie-wr-jamarr-chase-work-through-drop-issues/?source=emp_shared_article

Bengals doing all they can to salvage the Chase pick.

Salvage the pick? His first season hasn’t even started lol.

I don’t have access to the athletic so I only got a 1.567 second look, but I saw something like Pollack remembering people saying Jerry Rice was a bust early in his career.
If he turns out to be a John Ross, I hope they will do the same to him that they did to Ross and put him on the bench.

What I'm confused about is what more does Auden Tate have to do to crack this lineup?

If Chase fails and Tate doesn't take his spot??? Shocked
(08-25-2021, 10:22 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What I'm confused about is what more does Auden Tate have to do to crack this lineup?

Run faster, get separation…
Meanwhile yesterday he caught everything thrown at him.

Let’s remember he came in rusty as can be. He’s shaking it off and will be fine. Hopefully against Miami they will actually call some long pass plays to him as one of the reasons he was drafted was deep pass plays.
(08-25-2021, 10:20 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Salvage the pick? His first season hasn’t even started lol.

Camp has been a disaster for Chase.  He's got a long hill to climb to gain the confidence of the fans, league, and coaching staff. No one saw this coming. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-25-2021, 10:22 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What I'm confused about is what more does Auden Tate have to do to crack this lineup?

What has Auden Tate even done to deserve this praise?

I really don’t get it