Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(08-29-2021, 09:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He was the #1 receiver in the NCAA. You just don't forget how to catch the ball. It's mental. He'll get over it. Burrow will throw him a few passes until he starts catching them, and that will be that.

Sorry he was wide open in college  this is NFL,  many great players in college never became good to great in nfl
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-29-2021, 09:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So its coaches fault he cant catch right now

Well the Brandon Allen theory was destroyed today, so it's gotta be someone else's fault..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-29-2021, 09:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry he was wide open in college  this is NFL,  many great players in college never became good to great in nfl

How does Herbert look this preseason?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-29-2021, 09:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well the Brandon Allen theory was destroyed today, so it's gotta be someone else's fault..

Agreed...but the wacky part is that he COULD have stayed in the damn game and caught one stinking pass from Allen and it would have been something.  I guess the haters would be like "It's just one catch in pre-season, who cares?!"

Side note, I was promised Burrow would grab any WR who drops the ball by the nutsack and scream in his ear until he got better...Burrow and Chase both seem pretty OK with how shat things look right now.
(08-29-2021, 09:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  "It's just one catch in pre-season, who cares?!"

Exactly right! 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-29-2021, 09:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, I was promised Burrow would grab any WR who drops the ball by the nutsack and scream in his ear until he got better...Burrow and Chase both seem pretty OK with how shat things look right now.

You need to find a new crowd to hang with.  Mellow

(08-29-2021, 09:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How does Herbert look this preseason?

Like the reigning offensive rookie of the year.
(08-29-2021, 09:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Like the reigning offensive rookie of the year.

How about Ito Smith? How's he lookin?

(08-29-2021, 09:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yup, you post like garbage.

Sewell lovers are so easy to spot.

I'm not a Sewell lover by any means.  I didn't really take a side as I am a fan of the team and want all draft picks to be great.   But to be fair Chase has performed poorly in his preseason games.  I would not use the term garbage, that's a bit harsh.   But he has, so far, been disappointing. So does my opinion on his performance thus far make me a Sewell lover by default?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(08-29-2021, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How about Ito Smith? How's he lookin?

Like Judge Ito, if his nickname isn't just ironic. 
(08-29-2021, 09:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So its coaches fault he cant catch right now

No it’s the coaches fault for him not playing the whole game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I probably would've left him in the game until he got a catch or two. I think he's headed the right direction with the practice reports. I just think with not playing for a year and the speed of the game being faster he's struggling a little. It just might take him a little while to get comfortable. I just wouldn't go throwing him any 3rd passes come week 1 which is not what you want to be thinking with your #5 pick.
(08-29-2021, 09:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I probably would've left him in the game until he got a catch or two. I think he's headed the right direction with the practice reports. I just think with not playing for a year and the speed of the game being faster he's struggling a little. It just might take him a little while to get comfortable. I just wouldn't go throwing him any 3rd passes come week 1 which is not what you want to be thinking with your #5 pick.

That why ZT has become the possible #1 offender in the Chase scandal, now.  The guy needs to knock off the rust, the guy needs to get used to game speed, the guy needs to get some catches and build his confidence...all things rookies usually do in the pre-season.

I realize he's just one guy and Burrow is hurt, but after not getting a pre-season in 2020 I can't help but feel like ZT is looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth, here.
(08-29-2021, 09:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not a Sewell lover by any means.  I didn't really take a side as I am a fan of the team and want all draft picks to be great.   But to be fair Chase has performed poorly in his preseason games.  I would not use the term garbage, that's a bit harsh.   But he has, so far, been disappointing. So does my opinion on his performance thus far make me a Sewell lover by default?

In the mind of a few posters on here, if you are critical of Chase then yes you are a Sewell Homer.

I wanted Sewell and in this thread I have defended Chase saying it is too soon to be critical but the drops are a concern. They simply have to be a concern, it is the single most important thing for a WR and in game action at the NFL level so far, things haven't gone well.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(08-29-2021, 09:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That why ZT has become the possible #1 offender in the Chase scandal, now.  The guy needs to knock off the rust, the guy needs to get used to game speed, the guy needs to get some catches and build his confidence...all things rookies usually do in the pre-season.

I realize he's just one guy and Burrow is hurt, but after not getting a pre-season in 2020 I can't help but feel like ZT is looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth, here.

Yep, I think he should have played at least a half.
(08-29-2021, 09:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That why ZT has become the possible #1 offender in the Chase scandal, now.  The guy needs to knock off the rust, the guy needs to get used to game speed, the guy needs to get some catches and build his confidence...all things rookies usually do in the pre-season.

Zac's failure to give Chase more reps is yet another reason why I have lost a lot of confidence in him as a coach.   Sure you have to weigh in the injury risk.  But at the point Chase has been performing, or lack there of, I think he should have seen more time on the field.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(08-29-2021, 09:37 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Zac's failure to give Chase more reps is yet another reason why I have lost a lot of confidence in him as a coach.   Sure you have to weigh in the injury risk.  But at the point Chase has been performing, or lack there of, I think he should have seen more time on the field.

I'm a bit flummoxed by Burrow and Chase playing at all.  They went out there and had a lousy 3 and out that included a terrible drop and a penalty that netted -8 yards in 3 plays and that was all anyone needed.  I get the injury risk and all that, but you'd think Burrow and Chase and ZT would hate to have that drive as the only pre-season performance.  They all seemed pretty OK with it, see ya in week 1.
(08-29-2021, 09:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: In the mind of a few posters on here, if you are critical of Chase then yes you are a Sewell Homer.

I wanted Sewell and in this thread I have defended Chase saying it is too soon to be critical but the drops are a concern. They simply have to be a concern, it is the single most important thing for a WR and in game action at the NFL level so far, things haven't gone well.

My concern level for Chase has gone up and down. But with his practices becoming more consistent and the fact he had 124 targets that year at LSU with Burrow and only had 6 drops makes me think he'll be fine. It's just probably gonna take him getting game reps which as someone else said might've been a good reason to get him some extra preason reps.
(08-29-2021, 09:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: My concern level for Chase has gone up and down. But with his practices becoming more consistent and the fact he had 124 targets that year at LSU with Burrow and only had 6 drops makes me think he'll be fine. It's just probably gonna take him getting game reps which as someone else said might've been a good reason to get him some extra preason reps.

That's the amazin' part, yes.

This kid needs game reps!

ZT - Sit him on the bench?  You got it! 

I think the running gag for the anti-ZT crowd this year could be "That was terrible...congrats, you've just earned the day off!"
Ja'Marr shows how clean he kept his gloves after the game:
[Image: l61zflnenekrfvwm0h0d.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]