Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(09-12-2021, 10:24 PM)MickMack Wrote: No one cares.

Yet here you are, caring enough to reply.

Carry on champ.
That 50 yarder was the best moment of the game. It put to rest any doubt about what he's capable of or why they drafted him where they did.

They still have multiple flaws as a team, but Chase fills a hole that needed to be filled, and he can obviously play the game at this level.
(09-12-2021, 10:26 PM)samhain Wrote: That 50 yarder was  the best moment of the game.  It put to rest any doubt about what he's capable of or why they drafted him where they did.  

They still have multiple flaws as a team, but Chase fills a hole that needed to be filled, and he can obviously play the game at this level.

It's like the football gods pitied us for passing on Jake Elliott for Fat Randy and blessed us with McMoney's greatness. 

Need to make that man a meme.
(09-12-2021, 10:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You’re just being a Hater. Dude literally had the best opening game a Bengals rookie WR has had in ages and you just can’t be happy.

(09-12-2021, 10:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I wouldn't go with "ages" we've had some not great luck with 1st rounders being hurt but 2018 had a damn good rookie debute from a safety. Bates unseated Iloka and ended up with 8 tackles and a pass defended, which was a really nice start to what has been an awesome career. Hopefully Chase can follow that type of path.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(09-12-2021, 10:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I wouldn't go with "ages" we've had some not great luck with 1st rounders being hurt but 2018 had a damn good rookie debute from a safety. Bates unseated Iloka and ended up with 8 tackles and a pass defended, which was a really nice start to what has been an awesome career. Hopefully Chase can follow that type of path.

Bates wasn't a Bengals Rookie WR though so...?

I said Rookie WR. Not rookie overall. Someone earlier this week brought up first games for rookie WR. I think the most was AJ with 41 yards.
(09-12-2021, 10:28 PM)TheFan Wrote: Bates wasn't a Bengals Rookie WR though so...?

My mistake, I missed the WR part. I'll always be a huge fan of Bates and will say it again here I hope Chase follows the same type of career path Bates has so far.

As for Bengals rookie WRs, probably have to go back to Sanu who threw a TD as a wildcat QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(09-12-2021, 10:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I said Rookie WR. Not rookie overall. Someone earlier this week brought up first games for rookie WR. I think the most was AJ with 41 yards.

Yeah, I missed the WR part.

(09-12-2021, 10:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I said Rookie WR. Not rookie overall. Someone earlier this week brought up first games for rookie WR. I think the most was AJ with 41 yards.

Most receiving yards for a rookie WR in his debut in Bengals history.  Apparently Jordan Shipley had the previous record with 82 yards in his debut: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32199424/cincinnati-bengals-jamarr-chase-puts-drops-big-nfl-debut-ot-victory-minnesota-vikings

Hadn't thought about Shipley in ages.

I believe it was Jordan Shipley and 82 yards.
Well, not sure if this has been mentioned but remember when Chase was drafted and he said he would break Bengal records? Just read on ESPN he broke Jordan Shipley’s rookie debut record. So, one down!

Edit: I see MickMack beat me to it!
(09-12-2021, 10:35 PM)MickMack Wrote: Most receiving yards for a rookie WR in his debut in Bengals history.  Apparently Jordan Shipley had the previous record with 82 yards in his debut: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32199424/cincinnati-bengals-jamarr-chase-puts-drops-big-nfl-debut-ot-victory-minnesota-vikings

Hadn't thought about Shipley in ages.

Could've sworn Green and Dalton lit Cleveland up their first game. Apparently his only touch was a 41 yard grab?
(09-12-2021, 10:38 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Could've sworn Green and Dalton lit Cleveland up their first game. Apparently his only touch was a 41 yard grab?

Looks like he blew up in his second game with 124 yards: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeA.00/gamelog/2011/

Hard to believe that was a decade ago.
(09-12-2021, 10:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Go away

Right?

And then what, he has to do it for 10 games? Then he has to do it for a whole season. Then he has to do it for consecutive years. Then he has to do it in the SB. Then he has to do it for his career. 

***** people talk shit into the ground, have a good ole time, make joke after joke, then he comes out in his first game and tears it up and there's still bullshit. 

GTFOH

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-12-2021, 10:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right?

And then what, he has to do it for 10 games? Then he has to do it for a whole season. Then he has to do it for consecutive years. Then he has to do it in the SB. Then he has to do it for his career. 

***** people talk shit into the ground, have a good ole time, make joke after joke, then he comes out in his first game and tears it up and there's still bullshit. 

GTFOH

Go the f*%k Ohio?

(09-12-2021, 10:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right?

GTFOH

But inquiring minds want to know if McMoney can hold off McPherson in the nickname poll.  It is very OFFICIAL. The summer of George depends on the results. Wink

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(09-12-2021, 10:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Go the f*%k Ohio?

Yes!!!!!

I have had several friends, irl and online, over the years, throw Ohio jokes at me. 

Even though i don't live in Ohio. Mellow

Guilty by association i guess.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
[Image: d835036a40cb05e5a5221ae170e8e706.jpg]

(09-12-2021, 11:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes!!!!!

I have had several friends, irl and online, over the years, throw Ohio jokes at me. 

[Image: freaks-one-of-us.gif]

(09-12-2021, 11:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes!!!!!

Amongst other reasons.  Smirk