Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(10-19-2021, 12:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/former-nfl-qb-breaks-down-joe-burrow-connection-with-jamarr-chase

The block on the Mixon TD rightfully got a lot of fanfare, but this is another great example of why Chase is so special.  It's elite athleticism combined with toughness, drive, and determination.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-20-2021, 12:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: The block on the Mixon TD rightfully got a lot of fanfare, but this is another great example of why Chase is so special.  It's elite athleticism combined with toughness, drive, and determination.  

dont see a lot of WRs make successful blocks like that..

Was nice to see.
Its funny if the Bengals had drafted Penei and
Chase was blowing up with the Lions
All the "experts" would be crucifing the Bengals
For passing on Chase

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

This is a great breakdown on Chase. I highly recommend watching the entire video. He’s doing stuff out there I haven’t even noticed.

https://youtu.be/wM3YbLBhwcE

(10-22-2021, 10:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is a great breakdown on Chase. I highly recommend watching the entire video. He’s doing stuff out there I haven’t even noticed.

https://youtu.be/wM3YbLBhwcE

Great share and awesome video.  I remember low-level anxiety beginning weeks ahead of the draft worried he'd be gone by 5.  
I would like to ask all members of Team Chase to cease and desist… there is no need to mention Penei Sewell in comparison ever again. I sincerely wish that young man the best. I also hope our organization continues to improve the OL. But that conversation is done.

7 games: 754 yds, 6 TD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(10-24-2021, 05:31 PM)maclanta Wrote: I would like to ask all members of Team Chase to cease and desist… there is no need to mention Penei Sewell in comparison ever again. I sincerely wish that young man the best. I also hope our organization continues to improve the OL. But that conversation is done.

7 games: 754 yds, 6 TD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup.  We seem to have a lot of great things to look forward to this year.  The Lions game is in the past.  No reason to bring up He Who Shall Not Be Named anymore.
I don't mind the team Chase gloating because, honestly, there should be no team Sewell people left. I was team Sewell(narrowly but he was my preference) back in April but I hold no feelings toward that title anymore. As far as I'm concerned, we're all team Chase now :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Went with Ja’Marr, but have to give credit to O-line. They kept Burrow relatively clean and opened up holes late to close it.
Hey maybe we can get Sewell for a seventh for depth. (OK I’m done)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Wow. That is all
I was all in on sewell back before the draft. I think burrows knee getting shredded had something to do woth that. However, Im happy to say that I was dead wrong
We may have drafted the best to ever do it. We all expected Chase to be great, but only one guy expected this level of play. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Is there room on the Chase bandwagon for former Team Sewell members?

For the record, I never thought anything negative about Chase, whom I thought would be excellent. But, lordy, he has been otherwordly, record breaking, best receiver in the AFC level good. Did ANYONE expect this? Yikes!!!

EDIT: Further, we are 5-2, first in the division, first in the AFC, with wins in Pitt and in Balt. Spain has been great at LG, and Carman improving rapidly at RG. The o-line has been shaky at times, but good enough.
He made four Raving guys miss and scored an 80 yard TD that broke their backs. Yeah, Ja'Marr is pretty good.
(10-24-2021, 06:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We may have drafted the best to ever do it. We all expected Chase to be great, but only one guy expected this level of play. Ninja

Guy, can we just move past all the animosity? I’m truly happy right now. I don’t want any bad blood with any of you.

Cheers

(10-24-2021, 06:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Is there room on the Chase bandwagon for former Team Sewell members?

For the record, I never thought anything negative about Chase, whom I thought would be excellent.  But, lordy, he has been otherwordly, record breaking, best receiver in the AFC level good.  Did ANYONE expect this? Yikes!!!

EDIT: Further, we are 5-2, first in the division, first in the AFC, with wins in Pitt and in Balt. Spain has been great at LG, and Carman improving rapidly at RG.  The o-line has been shaky at times, but good enough.

I hope so. Same thoughts here.
Every slant route was like stealing
So now pick your poison, go route or slant route.
The scariest part about Chase is that he's only 7 games into his career. He's 21. He's going to get even better. Enjoy the ride.