Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Joe Burrow Foundation
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Here’s the site.

Reply/Quote
He's a good kid along with being one of the most exciting quarterbacks I've ever seen. Protect him, please!!!!
Reply/Quote
Good Post
Reply/Quote
I have donated.
Reply/Quote
I've always appreciated that most of our stars have had some type of foundation.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
There is so much we take for granted as a population. Kudos to JB and others for using their platforms to bring awareness to these and other causes. I'm ashamed to admit I had to goggle what "food insecurity" is. I thought it was kids afraid to eat too much.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Always willing to help those in need and to support Joe Burrow. Donation made.
Reply/Quote
I love it, and I love the idea of $9 per TD. I'm in!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is so much we take for granted as a population. Kudos to JB and others for using their platforms to bring awareness to these and other causes. I'm ashamed to admit I had to goggle what "food insecurity" is. I thought it was kids afraid to eat too much.

I thought they provided armed guards while you starve.. I was free to starve when I was having it tough..
Reply/Quote
Props to Joe for creating a foundation in the spirit of making society better. It seems he's intent on really trying to help individuals in need, which I find commendable.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully he has better people in charge of it than the Daltons did.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 08:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hopefully he has better people in charge of it than the Daltons did.

Why, what happened with Dalton’s?

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why, what happened with Dalton’s?

A monthslong investigation by The Buffalo News found that nearly a quarter of the money – about $100,000 – went to the company that managed the nonprofit, a far larger share than is customary, according to industry experts.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/buffalo-bills-fans-donated-442-000-to-dalton-foundation-nearly-100-000-went-to-management/article_c8c1585a-2311-11ec-aac4-abdc78c021a3.html

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A monthslong investigation by The Buffalo News found that nearly a quarter of the money – about $100,000 – went to the company that managed the nonprofit, a far larger share than is customary, according to industry experts.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/buffalo-bills-fans-donated-442-000-to-dalton-foundation-nearly-100-000-went-to-management/article_c8c1585a-2311-11ec-aac4-abdc78c021a3.html

Yikes.

Hopefully with Joe’s parents heavily involved nothing like that will happen.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yikes.

Thing is, the Dalton's knew what their rates were but didn't "shop around" because they were more interested in getting it off the ground and going. The fee itself isn't illegal, it's just a lot more than other management companies charge. 

I don't know how their involvement differs from others but i'd guess they justify the percentage based on how much of the logistics they handle, off a quick perusal of the article. 

Being Burrow's third year in the league, he's had plenty of time to suss all the details out. The Dalton's charity was up and running before he even took a snap in the NFL. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yikes.

I believe Andy made good on the difference.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Bump

Awesome that Kay still loves and supports the Bengals. If anyone is feeling charitable during the holiday season this is obviously a great cause. And our QB deserves the support.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I believe Andy made good on the difference.

Yes he and Jordan made it good out of their own pockets. Also remember he did this stuff BEFORE he had a big deal and a second round rookie deal when he was drafted wasn't THAT lucrative. 
Reply/Quote