Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Kenny PICKIT era has begun
(10-02-2022, 09:42 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Shit. This means that he's going to want $300M guaranteed when his rookie contract is up.

That’s five years away. $350 million. All up front. If he actually accomplishes something it could be more.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It wasn't terrible for a first NFL game. The issue is more that when they drafted him Pitt claimed he would be coached up and the line addressed before he was handed the job - guess they got impatient. Hopefully this does not wind up harming his development in terms of being thrown prematurely to the wolves.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 10:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: It wasn't terrible for a first NFL game. The issue is more that when they drafted him Pitt claimed he would be coached up and the line addressed before he was handed the job - guess they got impatient. Hopefully this does not wind up harming his development in terms of being thrown prematurely to the wolves.

I kinda hope it does.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 10:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I kinda hope it does.

I know he's a Stealer but I still don't like wishing career failure on anyone. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 11:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: I know he's a Stealer but I still don't like wishing career failure on anyone. 

Me either, unless they're a Stooler.....so career failure it is.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 10:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Me either, unless they're a Stooler.....so career failure it is.

Yep, like they say in showbiz "Break a leg!"   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 08:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 2 rushing TDs and 3 picks. I thought I was reading RB8’s stat line.

Couldn't have been, he don't have baby hands..  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 10:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: It wasn't terrible for a first NFL game. The issue is more that when they drafted him Pitt claimed he would be coached up and the line addressed before he was handed the job - guess they got impatient. Hopefully this does not wind up harming his development in terms of being thrown prematurely to the wolves.

It was terrible for any game. It doesn't mean that the kid is a bust and he did some good things in there, but it was an awful game overall. He just needs more reps and he'll be fine. 
Reply/Quote

He will be fine. I think this is where 'being older' in beneficial. The level of maturity on this guy is off the charts. Watch his post-game. Very confident, mature, says all the right things, and doesn't throw his teammates under the bus like some else used to do. It's refreshing and exciting. 

If you read between the lines of what they've been saying this season, I really believe KP is who the players want as their QB. Friermuth actually said it without saying it on Sunday
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/04/steelers-kenny-pickett-pat-freiermuth-nfl/
He plays with a toughness that's got to be endearing to his teammates. He actually did a couple of QB sneaks (something #7 refused to do) and continued to drive after first contact on his TD run. 

I feel bad for Mitch...he seems like a nice guy...but he played afraid. Didn't take shots...looked unsettled....threw awkwardly and off of his back foot a lot...etc. He never looked comfortable. KP made a mistake or two, but all of the sudden, the offense moved when he went in. I think he cleans those mistakes up and does just fine. 

If he fails as a QB, it will be because of his athletic ability and not because of his mentality. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 11:15 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It was terrible for any game. It doesn't mean that the kid is a bust and he did some good things in there, but it was an awful game overall. He just needs more reps and he'll be fine. 

You have to look at it more nuanced especially the younger QBs, since its a building process, and they are going to be and expected to be inconsistent. 

Looking at Zach Wilsons numbers from Sunday, it looks as if he played horribly. But the kid was actually very very good in the 4th quarter. 
Reply/Quote

Gotta give the kid credit: against the Jets, every single pass he threw was caught. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Epps said it's not certain Pick-it is the starter.

Who knows he might go with that one dude that said "Myles Garrett is near"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 05:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Kenny Pick it!!!!!!!!

Hilarious

Would be great if he changed his number to 6
Kenny "Picket" 6 in the house!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:35 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Would be great if he changed his number to 6
Kenny "Picket" 6 in the house!

Sunday's game showed; "The Pick 3" is more than a lottery game in PA. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Looks like Allen is going to have a better day than Kenny. Also a better day then any QB on the planet.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 03:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Looks like Allen is going to have a better day than Kenny. Also a better day then any QB on the planet.

The Bills offense is what some of us thought the Bengals would be doing.
Reply/Quote
Me watching the Bills up 31-3, yet scoring another TD...

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wow, talk about a horrible game plan from top to bottom. Tomlin showing yet again that he's easily one of the worst three game day coaches in the league. When he went for the field goal already down three scores against a Bills team that couldn't be stopped on offense the football gods correctly punished his inane cowardice by making Boswell miss. Seriously, one of the most gutless and stupid decisions I have ever seen. Barry Switzer and Rich Kotite laugh at that call.

The only positives to come from this year will be Picket and Pickens getting reps in and establishing a rapport and we can finally stop hearing about how Tomlin has never had a losing season. I've said for years that Tomlin only had that record because he's had a franchise QB his whole career. Not exactly a coincidence that the first year that's no longer the case he's shitting the bed big time. Tomlin excels at talent evaluation, especially at WR, but he's not a good HC, not even close. Give him the GM job and hire a coach that can actually game plan and make reasonable game day decisions. I know it won't happen and we're stuck with Tomlin until he retires.

Lastly, Bush is one of the worst first round picks in Steeler history. That we traded up for him makes it even worse. He's past due to be picking splinters out of his ass riding the pine.
Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly we Bengal fans were pretty mad they jumped up and grabbed Bush. Guess we dodged a bullet.

The crappy thing is the Bengals lost to them. Ernie can count on one hand the number of years I recall the Steelers having a pretty bad team and the best the Bengals can do is split.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 06:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If I recall correctly we Bengal fans were pretty mad they jumped up and grabbed Bush. Guess we dodged a bullet.

You did indeed.  And it's not just that he sucks, it's that he is clearly not even trying.  He whiffed on an easy sack when he came in under speed but out of control.  That, of course, can happen.  But the man didn't even extend his arm, at all, to try and make the tackle.  One of the most low effort plays I've seen in my life.

Quote:The crappy thing is the Bengals lost to them. Ernie can count on one hand the number of years I recall the Steelers having a pretty bad team and the best the Bengals can do is split.

Not a coincidence that was the only game we've had Watt available.  Watt is arguably the best defensive player in the league and, IMO, is definitely the best pass rusher.  He's putting up Reggie White, a sack a game, numbers.  At least now we don't have to worry about rushing him back too soon.  Take your time TJ, this team isn't going anywhere (in multiple ways)
Reply/Quote