Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Kenny PICKIT era has begun
(10-09-2022, 06:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You did indeed.  And it's not just that he sucks, it's that he is clearly not even trying.  He whiffed on an easy sack when he came in under speed but out of control.  That, of course, can happen.  But the man didn't even extend his arm, at all, to try and make the tackle.  One of the most low effort plays I've seen in my life.

Not a coincidence that was the only game we've had Watt available.  Watt is arguably the best defensive player in the league and, IMO, is definitely the best pass rusher.  He's putting up Reggie White, a sack a game, numbers.  At least now we don't have to worry about rushing him back too soon.  Take your time TJ, this team isn't going anywhere (in multiple ways)

Well it keeps my Michigan player streak alive. As an OSU fan I don’t like Michigan but I’ve pretty much liked all the Michigan players that have been on the Bengals. Too bad two of them are stuck behind overpaid underachievers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pickett get hurt or yanked?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Pickett get hurt or yanked?

Hurt.  He’s in the concussion protocol.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:27 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Hurt.  He’s in the concussion protocol.  

Thanks

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thanks

No problem.  He definitely wasn’t taken out for being ineffective.  He wasn’t setting the world on fire, but he did have as many TDs as Brady, and, more importantly … no picks.  
Reply/Quote
Kenny who?  Ninja

All seriousness aside it seems any QB that is NOT coached up during the week and comes into the game late plays better than the ones Tomlin and Canada work with.  Very weird.

And Bush made a couple really nice plays today.

Truth of the matter is the Steelers have to play mistake free ball and hope the other teams makes mistakes...plus some good luck like ont eh doink field goal.

It worked this week.  Guess we'll see moving forward.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
1 INT for PICKIT tonight already.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
They need to go back to their original stated plan of red shirting Pickett and coaching him up.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 12:14 AM)Joelist Wrote: They need to go back to their original stated plan of red shirting Pickett and coaching him up.

Most likely a lost season for them. Let him learn.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 08:17 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Most likely a lost season for them. Let him learn.

He's literally had 2.5 weeks of practice with the starters in his career. Played with back-up all preseason. He's had 3 starts where he actually practiced and prepped with starters, but this past week he missed some practice with a concussion anywaus. 

Pickett's mistakes and limitations are the only area of concern for the team that will improve if we just let it play out. The rest of our struggles will require new blood to fix. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He already has 7 interceptions on the season. 10 games to go. I wonder if he can make it to 20+ INTs for the year? Kenny Pickit watch is on!

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 10:04 AM)6andcounting Wrote: He's literally had 2.5 weeks of practice with the starters in his career. Played with back-up all preseason. He's had 3 starts where he actually practiced and prepped with starters, but this past week he missed some practice with a concussion anyways. 

Pickett's mistakes and limitations are the only area of concern for the team that will improve if we just let it play out. The rest of our struggles will require new blood to fix. 

I was perusing the Steelers board (I look around the division), and there were reasonable people but there was also that group that says he doesn't "it", "we have to draft a QB next year" and I wanted to join  up just to call them stupid.  He may end up not being the guy but damn.  

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 11:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I was perusing the Steelers board (I look around the division), and there were reasonable people but there was also that group that says he doesn't "it", "we have to draft a QB next year" and I wanted to join  up just to call them stupid.  He may end up not being the guy but damn.  

Their posts are indicative of contemporary NFL practices. Developmental QB projects aren't really a thing anymore. It's now draft a QB and hope you have a stud. If he's not an elite guy quickly getting a team to the playoffs, then the organization moves on. Organizations move on faster now even if a guy gets to the playoffs but doesn't seem to have Super Bowl stuff. 

It's wild!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 11:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Their posts are indicative of contemporary NFL practices. Developmental QB projects aren't really a thing anymore. It's now draft a QB and hope you have a stud. If he's not an elite guy quickly getting a team to the playoffs, then the organization moves on. Organizations move on faster now even if a guy gets to the playoffs but doesn't seem to have Super Bowl stuff. 

It's wild!

Yep it's nothing like it used to be. Every QB or so very nearly every QB was drafted knowing he was going to be groomed two seasons maybe three before he took the helm.

Now ?? If you ain't able to hit the ground running you're crap. And there's a lot of QB's that just aren't ready that fast.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 11:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I was perusing the Steelers board (I look around the division), and there were reasonable people but there was also that group that says he doesn't "it", "we have to draft a QB next year" and I wanted to join  up just to call them stupid.  He may end up not being the guy but damn.  

Pickett really hasn't ceased the opportunity to win over the city with a signature moment, but again Tribusky was the captain and 100% starter until Tomlin pulled him 5 minutes 2nd half kickoff because of an argument we D Johnson. Pickett is still in his pre-season in terms of playing with starters and his starters and coaches aren't exactly the 04 Steelers. He hasn't been much better than Tribusky, except for showing us flashes of potential, but that's what we are literally playing for at this point, so the more snaps the better. Week 1 2023 he is the guy 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Yep. We have some real fucknuggets as fans. Delusional, idiotic, moronic....etc. The sense of entitlement, expectation of perfection, and lack of patience runs high. So much so, that the idiocy of taking back to back first round QBs doesn't matter to them. They literally can't see the complete lunacy of doing such a thing and don't even realize that that pick could be a miss also. 

It's completely unreasonable to expect a rookie to come in and play lights out right away, but not with our fans. Big Ben spoiled them. 

Fellow Steeler fans reading this, don't take this personal, but in general our Yinzer fanbase is the absolute worst. 

(10-24-2022, 11:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Their posts are indicative of contemporary NFL practices. Developmental QB projects aren't really a thing anymore. It's now draft a QB and hope you have a stud. If he's not an elite guy quickly getting a team to the playoffs, then the organization moves on. Organizations move on faster now even if a guy gets to the playoffs but doesn't seem to have Super Bowl stuff. 

It's wild!

(10-24-2022, 02:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep it's nothing like it used to be. Every QB or so very nearly every QB was drafted knowing he was going to be groomed two seasons maybe three before he took the helm.

Now ?? If you ain't able to hit the ground running you're crap. And there's a lot of QB's that just aren't ready that fast.

This ^^^
IMO Big Ben had much to do with this shift in thinking. He was the most successful rookie QB since Marino, and ever since people expect it, thinking that he was the norm rather than an anomaly. 

Fact is that the 2003 6-10 Steelers were actually a pretty good team that was plagued by injuries allowing them to be in position to draft Ben. When he got there, he was surrounded by a team that the typical #11 pick doesn't have. They were able to coddle and develop him while they were winning. Eventually, he did develop into one of the best, but early on it was more about the team around him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 10:14 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yep. We have some real fucknuggets as fans. Delusional, idiotic, moronic....etc. The sense of entitlement, expectation of perfection, and lack of patience runs high. So much so, that the idiocy of taking back to back first round QBs doesn't matter to them. They literally can't see the complete lunacy of doing such a thing and don't even realize that that pick could be a miss also. 

It's completely unreasonable to expect a rookie to come in and play lights out right away, but not with our fans. Big Ben spoiled them. 

Fellow Steeler fans reading this, don't take this personal, but in general our Yinzer fanbase is the absolute worst. 

This ^^^
IMO Big Ben had much to do with this shift in thinking. He was the most successful rookie QB since Marino, and ever since people expect it, thinking that he was the norm rather than an anomaly. 

Fact is that the 2003 6-10 Steelers were actually a pretty good team that was plagued by injuries allowing them to be in position to draft Ben. When he got there, he was surrounded by a team that the typical #11 pick doesn't have. They were able to coddle and develop him while they were winning. Eventually, he did develop into one of the best, but early on it was more about the team around him. 

If the Steelers are top 3 or 5 ish then they should do their homework on CJ Stroud and Bryce Young but that also puts them in the spot for Will Anderson or Myles Murphy. 

I'm not saying they should take a QB but picking in there will be top QBs on the board. If Matt Canada is fired a new OC might want to bring in a new QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 10:14 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yep. We have some real fucknuggets as fans. Delusional, idiotic, moronic....etc. The sense of entitlement, expectation of perfection, and lack of patience runs high. So much so, that the idiocy of taking back to back first round QBs doesn't matter to them. They literally can't see the complete lunacy of doing such a thing and don't even realize that that pick could be a miss also. 

This ^^^

I wouldn’t say it’s lunacy if a amazing prospect falls into your lap, but that’s unlikely so in general I would agree.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 05:11 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Pickett really hasn't ceased the opportunity to win over the city with a signature moment, but again Tribusky was the captain and 100% starter until Tomlin pulled him 5 minutes 2nd half kickoff because of an argument we D Johnson. Pickett is still in his pre-season in terms of playing with starters and his starters and coaches aren't exactly the 04 Steelers. He hasn't been much better than Tribusky, except for showing us flashes of potential, but that's what we are literally playing for at this point, so the more snaps the better. Week 1 2023 he is the guy 

I think we're going to see steady improvement.  It won't be soon enough to save the season, but I predict he'll be looking pretty good by December.  
Reply/Quote

This ^^^

As a Buckeye fan I can completely relate.  LOL

Reply/Quote