Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Left Handed Admiration Thread
First of all--left handers are the chosen people.  This, we all know.  Right handers are all jealous, of course.   The obvious now stated and agreed upon, we move on.

Was watching NFLN, saw Jarvis Landry throw the football left handed.  As one of the chosen, I always notice lefties.  This thread is to find and note left handedness, be it the lady at the bank or your wife(in which case, you poor bastard), or you or famous people in any field.

Now, let's get out there and out some lefties.

And, take my word for it, once you start taking notice, you will never stop.

Fun fact--of the last 14 Presidents, 7 southpaws.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Easy to spot left handers. Just look for the ink smeared on the side of their left hand after writing something.
Reply/Quote
Left handed bowlers always react badly when someone points out that lane oil conditions are way more consistent for them.

About 85 percent of bowlers are right handed and the ball path disturbs the oil on the right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 07:51 PM)McC Wrote: First of all--left handers are the chosen people.  This, we all know.  Right handers are all jealous, of course.   The obvious now stated and agreed upon, we move on.

Was watching NFLN, saw Jarvis Landry throw the football left handed.  As one of the chosen, I always notice lefties.  This thread is to find and note left handedness, be it the lady at the bank or your wife(in which case, you poor bastard), or you or famous people in any field.

Now, let's get out there and out some lefties.

And, take my word for it, once you start taking notice, you will never stop.

Fun fact--of the last 14 Presidents, 7 southpaws.

lefties are just as weak as righties... Its the ambidextrous that are the true chosen
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Easy to spot left handers. Just look for the ink smeared on the side of their left hand after writing something.

That only works for lefties in their late 40’s or older. Those lefties younger than that don’t get ink smears, as keyboards and touch screens leave no marks...
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Easy to spot left handers.  Just look for the ink smeared on the side of their left hand after writing something.

ThumbsUp

I've spent most of my life with a pen or charcoal stick in my hand, and I usually have the giant smear.

Outside of writing, though, I do more things right handed. Throw a ball, shoot a gun, etc. My dad, also left handed, did everything with his right, so I guess I followed suit.
Reply/Quote
I generally refer to my left hand as the other woman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: lefties are just as weak as righties... Its the ambidextrous that are the true chosen

No, no, no, no, no.  It's the right brain dominance that makes lefties the chosen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
When I was a little kid, first learning to write, whatever age that is, I had a teacher who would take the pencil out of my left hand, smack the back of my hand with a ruler, put the pencil in my right. She'd walk away, back to the left hand the pencil would go. I walked around with welts on the back of my hand.

One night at dinner, my dad asked me what happened to my hand. I told him. He went ape shit. He took off work the next day, took me to school. Walked me to my classroom, stood in the doorway, told the mean old bat that God decided I'd be a lefty and he'd be damned if some old cow was gonna overrule God.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:21 AM)Benton Wrote: ThumbsUp

I've spent most of my life with a pen or charcoal stick in my hand, and I usually have the giant smear.

Outside of writing, though, I do more things right handed. Throw a ball, shoot a gun, etc. My dad, also left handed, did everything with his right, so I guess I followed suit.

I am also semi-ambidextrous.  I throw a ball, shoot long guns right handed, but eat, write, throw darts, shoot a pistol left handed.  Some things are about equally articulate in either hand, like swing an axe, or baseball bat.  However, that time I was learning how to play bass guitar?  Absolutely left handed.

(08-10-2018, 03:39 PM)McC Wrote: When I was a little kid, first learning to write, whatever age that is, I had a teacher who would take the pencil out of my left hand, smack the back of my hand with a ruler, put the pencil in my right.  She'd walk away, back to the left hand the pencil would go.  I walked around with welts on the back of my hand.

One night at dinner, my dad asked me what happened to my hand.  I told him.  He went ape shit.  He took off work the next day, took me to school.  Walked me to my classroom, stood in the doorway, told the mean old bat that God decided I'd be a lefty and he'd be damned if some old cow was gonna overrule God.

My father made a similar stance, at my elementary school.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I am also semi-ambidextrous.  I throw a ball, shoot long guns right handed, but eat, write, throw darts, shoot a pistol left handed.  Some things are about equally articulate in either hand, like swing an axe, or baseball bat.  However, that time I was learning how to play bass guitar?  Absolutely left handed.

My father made a similar stance, at my elementary school.

Are you more analytical(left brain) or more creative(right brain)?

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 05:35 PM)McC Wrote: Are you more analytical(left brain) or more creative(right brain)?

About equally functional, in that respect.  I worked with my hands for 20 years, turned out some beautiful tile, stone, and wood projects.  Now, I work in Surveying, which is all analysis.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:39 PM)McC Wrote: When I was a little kid, first learning to write, whatever age that is, I had a teacher who would take the pencil out of my left hand, smack the back of my hand with a ruler, put the pencil in my right.  She'd walk away, back to the left hand the pencil would go.  I walked around with welts on the back of my hand.

One night at dinner, my dad asked me what happened to my hand.  I told him.  He went ape shit.  He took off work the next day, took me to school.  Walked me to my classroom, stood in the doorway, told the mean old bat that God decided I'd be a lefty and he'd be damned if some old cow was gonna overrule God.

They actually broke my mothers hand in school to force her to write with her right hand. Amazingly she had absolutely beautiful handwriting and never used her left again.  
I'm left handed eating, writing, drawing and smoking of all things and I naturally  "hang" left so I have to hold on to pee or everything hits the seat and floor .  Yeah, probably too much information.. Come to think about it, I'm a lefty pee-er.. That's a technical term , pee-er..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:39 PM)McC Wrote: When I was a little kid, first learning to write, whatever age that is, I had a teacher who would take the pencil out of my left hand, smack the back of my hand with a ruler, put the pencil in my right. She'd walk away, back to the left hand the pencil would go. I walked around with welts on the back of my hand.

One night at dinner, my dad asked me what happened to my hand. I told him. He went ape shit. He took off work the next day, took me to school. Walked me to my classroom, stood in the doorway, told the mean old bat that God decided I'd be a lefty and he'd be damned if some old cow was gonna overrule God.

My great grandfather had scars on his hand where teachers would hit his hand with sticks. My dad said teachers would give him crap verbally but that was it. I had a teacher call me evil in elementary school but that was it.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:46 AM)Benton Wrote: My great grandfather had scars on his hand where teachers would hit his hand with sticks. My dad said teachers would give him crap verbally but that was it. I had a teacher call me evil in elementary school but that was it.

Part of why my Father became so irate, when they tried to discourage me from being Left handed, he had bad experiences when he was in school.  The Nuns at the Catholic school actually tied his Left hand to the chair, in an effort to force him to use his Right hand.  This was after the obligatory ruler smacks on the hand failed to have any effect, of course.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 09:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Part of why my Father became so irate, when they tried to discourage me from being Left handed, he had bad experiences when he was in school.  The Nuns at the Catholic school actually tied his Left hand to the chair, in an effort to force him to use his Right hand.  This was after the obligatory ruler smacks on the hand failed to have any effect, of course.

Our people have been persecuted.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 10:03 AM)McC Wrote: Our people have been persecuted.

I used to get bad grades because I couldn't write like the old letters that would be above the black board as a child, when they are IMPOSSIBLE to make the same using the left hand.

The persecution is bad enough that my father, a lefty, told me, a lefty, that I had to join in correcting my nephew from his attempts to be left handed when he was a young child.  He and the boys parents decided that was best for him so he wouldn't face the same difficulties in school that my father and I both faced.  It was left on left crime, in my mind.
Reply/Quote
I’m also ambidextrous, although my right hand is more dominant.
that Simpson’s reference above hits home with me. I absolutely cannot use scissors in my right hand; and RH scissors suck for a lefty.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 03:38 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I’m also ambidextrous, although my right hand is more dominant.
that Simpson’s reference above hits home with me. I absolutely cannot use scissors in my right hand; and RH scissors suck for a lefty.

Even tools like circular saw and angle grinders are rigged for Right handed use.  If you use the circular saw Left handed?  You blow the sawdust all over yourself, rather than away from you.  No fun on hot, humid days. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote