Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Life Of A Bengal Fan
Opening up and reading the sports headliners:

"Jets expected to fire Todd Bowles after Pats game"

"Broncos will reportedly fire head coach Vance Joseph Monday"

"Bengals Front Office Letting Marvin Lewis Decide If He Wants To Return"

And if that doesn't sum things up nothing will. Regardless if the Jets, Broncos or any other team win as a result of coaching changes it tells you they want to win and won't settle for the current iteration and direction of the club.

Meanwhile in Cincyland, Mike Brown sits back and says, "We have a plan"  "I know your disappointed but...."   and of course the most classic of Mike Brown lines, "We've done some good things".
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown always thought Black Monday meant he should extend his black coach another year.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Disappointing, pathetic, pitiful, disgusting, unbelievable, idiotic, and many other things but mostly, sad.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:40 AM)GodFather Wrote: And if that doesn't sum things up nothing will. Regardless if the Jets, Broncos or any other team win as a result of coaching changes it tells you they want to win and won't settle for the current iteration and direction of the club.
Oh cut the crap.  The Bengals could hire a GM and a whole new coaching staff, but if they didn't win a playoff game next year you would all be whining and crying just as loud.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh cut the crap.  The Bengals could hire a GM and a whole new coaching staff, but if they didn't win a playoff game next year you would all be whining and crying just as loud.

Yeah, it's so unreasonable to want your team to win a playoff game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh cut the crap.  The Bengals could hire a GM and a whole new coaching staff, but if they didn't win a playoff game next year you would all be whining and crying just as loud.

The man is just airing some frustration about the outcome of the last 3 seasons. A little change might be nice.

Besides, if we did hire a GM, new coaches, improve the right side of the o-line, improve our LBs, and still miss the playoffs with 18 players on IR next year; I am looking for a voodoo doctor that has a grudge against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Probably, but that is the life of a sports fan. However, we will be crying and bitching about performance not the insanity of doing the same thing year after year while getting the same results. At least new personnel in charge means Brown did something

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:51 AM)McC Wrote: Yeah, it's so unreasonable to want your team to win a playoff game.

No that is not unreasonable at all.

What is unreasonable is acting like you we should be jealous of jets fans who have not made the playoffs in 9 years or won more than 5 games in 3 years.  People who act like they would be happy with just "change" are full of it.  Change means nothing without improvement and the people who love to whine would still be whining just as loud if we changed everything but started losing even more like the Jets.
Reply/Quote
I hope he announces his resignation right after the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 12:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No that is not unreasonable at all.

What is unreasonable is acting like you we should be jealous of jets fans who have not made the playoffs in 9 years or won more than 5 games in 3 years.  People who act like they would be happy with just "change" are full of it.  Change means nothing without improvement and the people who love to whine would still be whining just as loud if we changed everything but started losing even more like the Jets.

And sticking with what hasn't worked for 16 years running is better ?

Yes, it's true, change may not improve the team. There's a chance in anything you do in life. But at least there's some hope with change, now we have no hope.
Reply/Quote
The irony of this article is that not only is Marvin probably coming back but another coach who is getting fired in the article for sucking at his job Vance Joseph will probably be added to our staff to join another loser coach who was fired in Hue Jackson, maybe we will add Bowles to the staff as well ?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 12:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And sticking with what hasn't worked for 16 years running is better ?

Yes, it's true, change may not improve the team. There's a chance in anything you do in life. But at least there's some hope with change, now we have no hope.

Let me first say that I agree Marvion should leave and that Mike Brown will handicap any new coach we may hire, but I still have hope.

The 2015 Bengals were a very rare occurance, but they were a championship caliber team until Dalton was injured.  So anything is possible.  That team was certainly better than anything the current Jets front office has ever put together.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 12:57 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The irony of this article is that not only is Marvin probably coming back but another coach who is getting fired in the article for sucking at his job Vance Joseph will probably be added to our staff  to join another loser coach who was fired in Hue Jackson, maybe we will add Bowles to the staff as well ?

Dick LeBeau was fired for being a "loser" head coach, but he is going to the Hall of Fame as a defensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dick LeBeau was fired for being a "loser" head coach, but he is going to the Hall of Fame as a defensive coordinator.

Well I’m not talking about Dick LeBeau im talking about Vance Jospeh who just got his ass kicked by the pathetic Oakland Raiders who the Bengals beat with a backup qb and with the worse defense in the NFL. The Broncos rank 23rd in total defense and this guy is supposed to be a defensive head coach. I’m sure Dick LeBeau would do better job with Von Miller, Bradley Chubb and overall with the Broncos defense but we’re not talking about LeBeau were talking about Vance Joseph who isn’t even close to the coach LeBeau was. LeBeau’s is also in the Hall of Fame for being a great player and that plays a part into his reputation. Guy had 62 interceptions which is tied for 7th all time.
Reply/Quote

But then there would be a word being used here that would show Mike Brown wants to win. Effort.  Re-hiring a head coach year after year is complacency.  Think of it this way it will be a win for you, then you'll have a new person to spit out meaningless stats on threads to bend and prove a point your trying to make. 

(12-30-2018, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dick LeBeau was fired for being a "loser" head coach, but he is going to the Hall of Fame as a defensive coordinator.

So let me give you a little English lesson here because as usual your ranting is wrong, think of this as my gift to you that will help your vocabulary in the future:

defensive coordinator is a coach responsible for a football team's defense. Generally, the defensive coordinator represents the second level of a team's command structure, with the head coach being the first level.

head coach is the highest ranking coach  of a coaching staff. 
An example, "the other coaches offered their opinions, but in the end the head coach decided."
Reply/Quote
Look, another Marvin Lewis thread. These never get old and/or the same people say the same thing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look, another Marvin Lewis thread. These never get old and/or the same people say the same thing.

To be fair it's not like there's much good to talk about huh ?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: So let me give you a little English lesson here because as usual your ranting is wrong, think of this as my gift to you that will help your vocabulary in the future:

defensive coordinator is a coach responsible for a football team's defense. Generally, the defensive coordinator represents the second level of a team's command structure, with the head coach being the first level.

head coach is the highest ranking coach  of a coaching staff. 
An example, "the other coaches offered their opinions, but in the end the head coach decided."

Let me give you a little NFL lesson.  This is my gift to you.

Vance Joseph and Dick LeBeau were both head coaches who got fired.  Yet Dick LeBeau was a great DC after he got fired for being a bad head coach.

An example "Dick LeBeau was a bad head coach who had a Hall of Fame career and won Super Bowls as a defensive coordinator"
Reply/Quote

No I wouldnt. BOOM THEORY BUSTED

damn that was easy.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:28 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: No I wouldnt. BOOM THEORY BUSTED

damn that was easy.

Fred loves to claim that but the exact opposite is true. If and it's a giant IF Mike Brown would go all in any really try and put a winner on the field this fan base would be elated !

Hire a real GM, fire Marvin Lewis and bring in damn near anybody and let them handpick their staff, build a practice bubble, get some real free agents and actually let the football people run the team we'd all be ecstatic !

Nobody would be whining if we went 4-12 the following year.
Reply/Quote