Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The (Long Awaited) Tecmo Bowl Prediction for Bengals v Titans
As we all know, the NES classic hit Tecmo Bowl is amazingly accurate when it comes to football simulation. It may as well be real life.

So seeing how I have this iconic game (with updated 2021 rosters), I figured I may as well do yall a major solid and run Bengals @ Titans and share the result:

Bengals - 37
Titans - 28

In the 1st quarter, the Titans fumbled 3 times, 2 of which were returned for TDs by Akeem Davis-Gaither. This gave us an early 21-0 lead.

That's when Derrick Henry woke up and scored on 2 consecutive long TD runs.

Thankfully we answered with a Mixon TD, a safety, and a 36 yard TD strike from Burrow to Boyd. This pushed our lead up to 37-14. Essentially ending the game.

Tannehill hit Julio Jones in the back of the end zone, then the Titans recovered an onside kick and Tannehill hit AJ Brown for another TD as time expired. All of this made the final score look much closer than the game actually was.

---------

So what does all this mean? Clearly our defense is in store for a huge day, and our offense won't even be needed much. Digital game ball obviously goes to Davis-Gaither.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Lol. But was it Super Tecmo Bowl? I have the updated one as well but the roster in mine is hardly accurate.

I do think we can force some turn overs. Tannehill can make some mistakes. Simulations are always fun. I'll have to run a bunch with the new Madden as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:20 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Lol. But was it Super Tecmo Bowl? I have the updated one as well but the roster in mine is hardly accurate.

I do think we can force some turn overs. Tannehill can make some mistakes. Simulations are always fun. I'll have to run a bunch with the new Madden as well.

Yeah it's the Super version, downloaded from TecmoBowl.org.

Obviously it can't account for injuries, but other than that it's accurate. Except they have Trae Waynes starting. Sick
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This thread warms my heart.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As we all know, the NES classic hit Tecmo Bowl is amazingly accurate when it comes to football simulation. It may as well be real life.

So seeing how I have this iconic game (with updated 2021 rosters), I figured I may as well do yall a major solid and run Bengals @ Titans and share the result:

Bengals - 37
Titans - 28

In the 1st quarter, the Titans fumbled 3 times, 2 of which were returned for TDs by Akeem Davis-Gaither. This gave us an early 21-0 lead.

That's when Derrick Henry woke up and scored on 2 consecutive long TD runs.

Thankfully we answered with a Mixon TD, a safety, and a 36 yard TD strike from Burrow to Boyd. This pushed our lead up to 37-14. Essentially ending the game.

Tannehill hit Julio Jones in the back of the end zone, then the Titans recovered an onside kick and Tannehill hit AJ Brown for another TD as time expired. All of this made the final score look much closer than the game actually was.

---------

So what does all this mean? Clearly our defense is in store for a huge day, and our offense won't even be needed much. Digital game ball obviously goes to Davis-Gaither.

This matches up perfectly with my 10 game run through on whatifsports. Out of 10 matchups, the Bengals won seven. The Bengals are certain to win, folks. BOOK IT. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:35 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This matches up perfectly with my 10 game run through on whatifsports. Out of 10 matchups, the Bengals won seven. The Bengals are certain to win, folks. BOOK IT. 

We can all rest easy now. Whatifsports and Tecmo are both proven accurate. Scientifically.

The Titans may as well forfeit and rent their stadium out for a Tim McGraw concert instead. Save the embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We can all rest easy now. Whatifsports and Tecmo are both proven accurate. Scientifically.

The Titans may as well forfeit and rent their stadium out for a Tim McGraw concert instead. Save the embarrassment.

All of this evidence makes me think the game should be called now in favor of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We can all rest easy now. Whatifsports and Tecmo are both proven accurate. Scientifically.

What's not embarrassing about a Tim McGraw concert?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What's not embarrassing about a Tim McGraw concert?

Well it's either that or they can keep the game scheduled and watch the Titans sing the blues.
Reply/Quote
Now I'll be able to sleep tonight thanks Shake.
Reply/Quote
too bad AKG is on IR

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:18 PM)pally Wrote: too bad AKG is on IR

No matter. There was a swarm around each of those fumbles. If AKG didn't get it, someone else would've.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No matter. There was a swarm around each of those fumbles. If AKG didn't get it, someone else would've.

that's good...Germaine Pratt is really good at picking up fumbles...causing them too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:39 PM)pally Wrote: that's good...Germaine Pratt is really good at picking up fumbles...causing them too

That's the spirit! Just pretend it was Pratt. More believable that way anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it's the Super version, downloaded from TecmoBowl.org.

Obviously it can't account for injuries, but other than that it's accurate. Except they have Trae Waynes starting. Sick

Where is Waynes? Was he even out there? Man what a waste of cash. One lucky guy though! lol
Reply/Quote
One of my biggest beefs with Zac Taylor was that he never called the Bo Jackson automatic TD play. I guess his background as a QB and WR coach made h more comfortable with the Ja'Marr Chase automatic TD play.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 08:43 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Where is Waynes? Was he even out there? Man what a waste of cash. One lucky guy though! lol

You haven't been around, but there's somebody on here that claims that they live next to Trae Waynes in Montana or something. So clearly he hasn't wasted that cash, and put it to use on a ranch.

Honestly even if he were healthy, I'd leave him on the bench. He hasn't outplayed Apple, and I can see his replacement drafted in the first or second this spring. Release him, and apply that money to help on either line.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 08:50 PM)jason Wrote: You haven't been around, but there's somebody on here that claims that they live next to Trae Waynes in Montana or something. So clearly he hasn't wasted that cash, and put it to use on a ranch.

Honestly even if he were healthy, I'd leave him on the bench. He hasn't outplayed Apple, and I can see his replacement drafted in the first or second this spring. Release him, and apply that money to help on either line.

Lol. Good to know he put all the money we gave him to good use. 

I think he was healthy for the game before the Raiders. Not sure if they just went Eli over him. Which Eli deserves. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As we all know, the NES classic hit Tecmo Bowl is amazingly accurate when it comes to football simulation. It may as well be real life.

Random question, when you play it through the PC do you use mouse/keyboard? How's it work?
Reply/Quote
but did you run a madden sim? i think it had been predicting SB winners for years lol
Reply/Quote