Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mandalorian
(11-27-2020, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Live action Ashoka did not disappoint. Big Grin

Gunslinger Mandalorian meets Wandering Ronin Jedi.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 11:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Gunslinger Mandalorian meets Wandering Ronin Jedi.

Kurosawa meets Leone. Classic Star Wars.

Michael Biehn should really stop trying to outdraw guys like Doc Holliday and Mando though.

Reply/Quote
Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano series is in early stages of development. Grand Admiral Thrawn will likely be the antagonist (one of my all time fav star wars characters).

That's another Star Wars series that is going to be on Disney+ along with the one featuring Obi Wan.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This season has been even better than season 1. I'm so happy.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Been a good season so far. Our latest blast from the past felt like a natural addition to the story.

I look forward to the Ahsoka spin-off which will hopefully bring us a live action Ezra and Sabine. I personally would like to see Jason Isaacs as Thrawn, though Thrawn's voice actor Lars Mikklesen has the acting chops to do the job.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 05:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Been a good season so far. Our latest blast from the past felt like a natural addition to the story.

I look forward to the Ahsoka spin-off which will hopefully bring us a live action Ezra and Sabine. I personally would like to see Jason Isaacs as Thrawn, though Thrawn's voice actor Lars Mikklesen has the acting chops to do the job.

I'd prefer Mikkleson, but I think his quote may be too high for this series.  Of course I have zero idea what kind of budget that show is working with.  I'm sure it's been said already, but the combination of practical effects and CGI makes this series look so much better than the prequals or sequels.  The chase scene in episode two of this season blew away anything in all six of those movies.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 06:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd prefer Mikkleson, but I think his quote may be too high for this series.  Of course I have zero idea what kind of budget that show is working with.  I'm sure it's been said already, but the combination of practical effects and CGI makes this series look so much better than the prequals or sequels.  The chase scene in episode two of this season blew away anything in all six of those movies.

We can thank Werner Herzog for telling them to stick with a puppet for Grogu instead of CG.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 06:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We can thank Werner Herzog for telling them to stick with a puppet for Grogu instead of CG.

Oh dear god, I did not know that.  CGI Baby Yoda (I'm stuck with that name for him) would have sucked.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 06:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh dear god, I did not know that.  CGI Baby Yoda (I'm stuck with that name for him) would have sucked.

in classic Werner Herzog blunt fashion, he called them "cowards" for trying to use CG. 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 07:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: in classic Werner Herzog blunt fashion, he called them "cowards" for trying to use CG. 

I love the old school actors.  Hopefully they can influence a large chunk of the new generation.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 05:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Been a good season so far. Our latest blast from the past felt like a natural addition to the story.

My daughter wants Benedict Cumberbatch to play Thrawn. Even though she does have a crush in him I think he could pull off Thrawn.

Reply/Quote
Pretty cool that Robert Rodriguez directed this episode.

Also, for all the people that always questioned Boba Fett’s popularity, and went on and on about how he “did nothing and died a lame death” can suck it. He’s clearly the badass we always thought he was. :D

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 07:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I love the old school actors.  Hopefully they can influence a large chunk of the new generation.

Especially when it means getting the franchise back to its roots

(12-04-2020, 10:01 PM)Synric Wrote: My daughter wants Benedict Cumberbatch to play Thrawn. Even though she does have a crush in him I think he could pull off Thrawn.

Oh yea he 100% could play Thrawn

(12-04-2020, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty cool that Robert Rodriguez directed this episode.

Also, for all the people that always questioned Boba Fett’s popularity, and went on and on about how he “did nothing and died a lame death” can suck it. He’s clearly the badass we always thought he was. Big Grin

They’re trying to fix that. He was a bad ass in the EU, but since that’s no longer canon, he had very little to go off of. Glad he lived up to the hype

Reply/Quote
Disney announced 10 new Star Wars projects in the works.

[Image: star-wars-disney-shows-2020-1.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 02:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Disney announced 10 new Star Wars projects in the works.

[Image: star-wars-disney-shows-2020-1.jpg]

Definitely on board for Ahsoka, and The Acolyte has me intrigued.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 11:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely on board for Ahsoka, and The Acolyte has me intrigued.

Rangers of the New Republic is going to be a Mandolorian spinoff set at the same time with story tie ins so I'm looking forward to that.

The Acolyte is set in the new era The High Republic with a different Sith views. I'm thinking itll be more like KoTor Sith or Darth Bane book 1.

Reply/Quote
I must watch the season finale without any spoilers.

This is the way.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
That finale...

Reply/Quote
Luke cutting through an entire platoon of Dark Troopers was everything I had hoped for and more. Very reminiscent of Vader at the end of Rogue One.

And then Mando taking off his helmet to say goodbye to Grogu really hit me in the feels. I’m going to miss their dynamic going forward.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Luke cutting through an entire platoon of Dark Troopers was everything I had hoped for and more. Very reminiscent of Vader at the end of Rogue One.

And then Mando taking off his helmet to say goodbye to Grogu really hit me in the feels. I’m going to miss their dynamic going forward.

I was hoping for Cal Kestis. 

Cameron Monaghan is a great actor probably my second favorite Joker behind believe it or not Mark Hamill lol. 

Reply/Quote