Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Morning After - Media
(01-31-2022, 09:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think a team up 3 possessions giving up 21 unanswered points is really embarrassing for the Chiefs and, to the uninformed or casual viewer, I would blame that team more than I'd credit the other team as well.

But we know the truth.

Burrow went out and took that game and Patrick's soul. 

Burrow avoided at least 3 sacks or 3rd down scrambles for a first down that made both me and my dad say "How did he get out of that!?"

For a team that just scored in 13 Seconds the game before to have a shot to win it  To not be able to score for 30+ minutes  its a bit shocking for them

For burrow on the Sacks.. He had enough of that last game.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 09:48 AM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Hello, all!

I didn't want to necessarily tack on another post-game thread -- but I didn't see this particular subject out there. Forgive me if I missed it.

Basically, I just wondered if anyone else has noticed that some outlets are leaning towards a more "if Mahomes had done this or that" narrative, in lieu of "the Bengals were great" kind of assessment. I know Monday morning quarterbacking is pretty much par for the course, but you don't usually hear this about the "usual suspect" so-to-speak "better" franchises. They usually just tout the winning team's success and not the losing team's shortfalls, as if, if not exclusively for those shortfalls, the roles would be reversed. Know what I mean?  Nervous

Is it just me...?  Mellow

no it's not just you. These nfl news bobble heads always diss on the Bengals. Maybe not this year anymore!!!

Reply/Quote
As we would expect, Kay Adams is on the moon. She was also decked out in very old school Bengals paraphernalia.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 10:08 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Nick Wright is a garbage person.

I've heard that name a couple of times now and googled him.  Still can't figure out who or what he is.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Since we're going against big market LA and Kroenke ownership, I fully expect the Rams to get most of the media attention and more positive media attention. I don't care and I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm in a patiently waiting mood and trust Zac, Burrow, and the squad to remain diligent and ready for the Super Bowl.

Kay liking the Bengals and rooting for them though is super fun. I'll enjoy when the media does give us good coverage.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 10:11 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: We're getting some love. The Rams will get some credit because they also won in an impressive fashion, from what I've seen so far we're both getting crowned as the two best teams in the NFL.

Bolded, I would rather face the Rams D-line than the 49ers. They are no slouches but are definitely anemic on defense overall.

Donald is the probably the best defensive player in the league. Ramsey is the best corner. Von Miller ain't no slouch. The Rams are loaded. Cupp. OBJ. 

Our best hope is they try to out Ramsey in Chase 1 v 1 and Chase wins a couple deep ones.  And Stafford throws some picks. 
Reply/Quote
Funny how teams keep imploding against us week after week.  Big Grin
Reply/Quote
The saddest thing about the Super Bowl is that it is the last game of the season. Only one more game for the fans to wonder “What will the Bengals pull out of their a***s this time to win?”.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 09:55 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: They're piling on right now actually.

Berman and Keyshawn. Name a worse duo, I'll wait. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:57 PM)Roland Wrote: Funny how teams keep imploding against us week after week.  Big Grin

It could be their 'play possum' strategy:

Let them get out in front EASY and they'll think it's no contest. This will set them up for a coasting/protect-the-lead mentality which leads to play-not-to-lose mentality. Then all of a sudden our players are back from the first half warm-up session and lay the beat down once the other side is relaxed and overconfident.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Berman and Keyshawn. Name a worse duo, I'll wait. 

Keyshawn's worst take is when he talks about the young core of Burrow, Chase, Higgins, & Boyd. He definitely speaks about it as if Boyd is a rookie or younger pro. He fails to ever acknowledge TB is a six year vet who has been on the team under the Marvin Lewis coaching years.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Berman and Keyshawn. Name a worse duo, I'll wait.
[Image: tiricojawsTK.jpg]
[Image: joe-tessitore-booger-mcfarland-monday-ni...alljpg.jpg]
Honorable mention:
[Image: GettyImages-683494494.jpeg?quality=80&strip=all]
Reply/Quote

The absolute worst.  I tried to watch them break down the game, and all I could think about was Keyshawn shitting on Cincinnati all season long, like he had some personal vendetta against them.  F him and F Berman who has had too much of a good time making fun of the Bengals for decades.  Anything they say directly contradicts their narrative from the entire year.  

I'd gladly listen to Dan Fouts call a Bengals v. Chargers game before I consider giving any validation to those two.  Complete clowns.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 09:48 AM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Hello, all!

I didn't want to necessarily tack on another post-game thread -- but I didn't see this particular subject out there. Forgive me if I missed it.

Basically, I just wondered if anyone else has noticed that some outlets are leaning towards a more "if Mahomes had done this or that" narrative, in lieu of "the Bengals were great" kind of assessment. I know Monday morning quarterbacking is pretty much par for the course, but you don't usually hear this about the "usual suspect" so-to-speak "better" franchises. They usually just tout the winning team's success and not the losing team's shortfalls, as if, if not exclusively for those shortfalls, the roles would be reversed. Know what I mean?  Nervous

Is it just me...?  Mellow

No, it isn't just you. It is to be expected. They never seen this coming especially after how good Mahomes was early.

We are still the damn underdog, watch how much the Rams are favored in the SB.

I am like Joe Burrow on this, tired of the underdog narrative but we just got to win everything for any ******* to actually look
around and see this is the best football team in the world.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:21 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: [Image: joe-tessitore-booger-mcfarland-monday-ni...alljpg.jpg]

That's Booger McFarland on the right, right? 

WHAT THE HELL'S WRONG WITH HIS FINGERS?!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:21 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: [Image: tiricojawsTK.jpg]
[Image: joe-tessitore-booger-mcfarland-monday-ni...alljpg.jpg]
Honorable mention:
[Image: GettyImages-683494494.jpeg?quality=80&strip=all]

Aikman is 100x better than Romo. 

Romo is a dip. After the Mixon play, he was going on about how Reid wanted to challenge the play because we had TOO MANY MEN ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. Hey Tony, that is not a thing. You'd think someone who played QB for over a decade would know that. You just have to have 7.  Plus, he and his partner totally missed the fumble issue. 

And that is not getting into his rant in regulation about how we should let them score. And then 10 seconds later saying we 100% should not. No filter. No insight. He just babbles and yells. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:57 PM)Roland Wrote: Funny how teams keep imploding against us week after week.  Big Grin

Can you believe it, 2 “false losses” in a row! LOL

Reply/Quote
Listening to talk radio, a bit of Bengals love, but talking about how critical continuing the build of the team for the Bengals to become a dominant organization. Gaah Talking about how cheap the ownership has been historically, I think MB could not even own the team and the media would still talk about how cheap and horrible ownership is when they have changed since 2020. Of course, "indoor practice facility" was brought up. Dead Horse

There was a good point made about how the feeling of excitement of a young team with a lot of cap space is similar to when GB won the Super Bowl in 2010, so grab the ring when you have the chance to. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's Booger McFarland on the right, right? 

WHAT THE HELL'S WRONG WITH HIS FINGERS?!

He took a lot of abuse playing.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:41 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Listening to talk radio, a bit of Bengals love, but talking about how critical continuing the build of the team for the Bengals to become a dominant organization. Gaah Talking about how cheap the ownership has been historically, I think MB could not even own the team and the media would still talk about how cheap and horrible ownership is when they have changed since 2020. Of course, "indoor practice facility" was brought up. Dead Horse

There was a good point made about how the feeling of excitement of a young team with a lot of cap space is similar to when GB won the Super Bowl in 2010, so grab the ring when you have the chance to. 

They'll recycle the same 'ole talking points. Let them as it makes no difference to Taylor, Burrow, and the team. They'll focus on what they can do to win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote