Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/22/638169023/robert-mueller-submits-report-on-russia-investigation-to-attorney-general-barr?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20190322&fbclid=IwAR2HgmbjmWKvasYOtd5Kqmb3ZdBPJmlXu8RHo6Umbq0AYZPoL7LY2pf2ndc

Well, we will see what he has to say, eh.

Or, will we?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
I'm not expecting much. We'll see if anything relevant comes out of it.

The good news is this means the NBC news team can stop staking out Robert Mueller's house now.
(03-22-2019, 06:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not expecting much. We'll see if anything relevant comes out of it.

The good news is this means the NBC news team can stop staking out Robert Mueller's house now.

Yeah. I said back when it started that I didn't think they would find any damning evidence that Trump personally colluded with the Russians.

But it will be good to have additional confirmation that interference and some collusion did take place and more details about what happened.
As I have said all along I doubt they will be able to hang anything serious on Trump.

But there was clearly enough evidence to justify an investigation. Fox News is already asking if anyone will be punished for daring to investigate an issue of such great importance to our national security.

Kind of reminds me of the Treyvon Martin situation. The reason that became a national issue was because of the refusal to even investigate the potential crime. Just because the jury found George Zimmerman innocent that did not mean that he should never even have been investigated for killing an unarmed teenager.
(03-22-2019, 06:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: But it will be good to have additional confirmation that interference and some collusion did take place and more details about what happened.

Everyone on the right will erase their memory of Trump swearing that the Russians never interfered with the election.

It does not matter that he was 100% wrong when he called that claim "Fake news".
My prediction is that the report will detailed an in depth effort by the Russian government to interfere in the election and coordinate with the Trump campaign.

The Trump Tower incident will have enough degrees of separation from the Kremlin and incompetence on Don Jr's part to save him from any criminal intent. It will be noted that there was no direct connection between Trump himself and these contacts.

The Southern District of New York's case will continue to be his greatest threat.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-22-2019, 07:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My prediction is that the report will detailed an in depth effort by the Russian government to interfere in the election and coordinate with the Trump campaign.

The Trump Tower incident will have enough degrees of separation from the Kremlin and incompetence on Don Jr's part to save him from any criminal intent. It will be noted that there was no direct connection between Trump himself and these contacts.

The Southern District of New York's case will continue to be his greatest threat.

There is also the inauguration money investigation and the fake charity investigation. But they are for 2021. No one will charge a sitting POTUS.
... and still not a single trump supporter will realize their anti-intellectualism allowed them to be had by a foreign power. Clutching to the flag of their choice, they will hold this up as daddy’s innocence because accepting reality is just too hard for for someone who holds their own ignorance in such high regard.

I hope all the pictures and trump related memorabilia are found by their progeny so they can hang their heads in shame.
(03-22-2019, 08:55 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: There is also the inauguration money investigation and the fake charity investigation. But they are for 2021. No one will charge a sitting POTUS.

Don't you mean 2025??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-22-2019, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't you mean 2025??

Nope
This is great. On election night I stated we will now spend the next 4-8 years being what we proposed to hate for the last 8 years. This report will most likely show Trump did some shady shit, but didn't "commit a crime".

I will be resolute in the fact if dude did some shady shit; he should be impeached at a minimum.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Opening P&R a little early today due to the release of the Mueller report.

I have created one thread here in the hope that we can contain discussion with it and not create a bunch of threads.

What are your thoughts?
Personally, I think it's fantastic that the special counsel was able to determine that the POTUS and his campaign team did not collude with the Russians, and it only took TWO years to make that determination.

I think that it's sad that the Russians are attempting to interfere with American electoral process, even after Obama said it was impossible..

I think that the "no determination" on obstruction of justice is just going to be a Democrat excuse to keep wasting time, money and effort on endless investigations, rather than just getting down to the business of creating legislature that benefits and improves America and it's citizens.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
My thoughts.

The Mueller Report:

Russia Interference - Yes
Trump Admin Collusion - No
Trump Obstruction - No call

My thoughts (as weird as they may be):
1) I thought it was a big win for the country just that they had the Special Council investigate. There was stuff going on and we needed to know more details about what. Now, we know more. To ignore that would have been criminally irresponsible.
2) I'm satisfied with the choice of Mueller and the thoroughness of his investigation (from what I know of it).
3) I think it is a big win for America that the admin apparently did not collude. I am no fan of this admin, but at least they didn't do that.
4) No more denying the Russian interference. It was there. And if you want to point fingers at other countries trying to interfere, I'm all for going after them and investigating them as well. That is not "a waste of time and money". That sentiment is known as 'actual patriotism'. Check it out sometime. And any politician that doesn't go along with that is taking money from foreign governments. Period. Also, I'll point out that this investigation actually took in more money than it spent.
5) A lot of bad actors were caught in this investigation. The nature of investigations and investigators is that if they are searching for one thing or crime and find another crime was also going on that they weren't searching for, they report. This happened many times during this investigation. A lot of greedy and seedy dudes are now facing the consequences for their actions. The question of how this admin was drawing so many people of this nature to them is another question which others will take up or ignore depending upon their partisanship.
6) The President was not 'exonerated' no the obstruction charges. If you feel this way, you need to review Attorney General William Barr's comments on the summary.
I don't think the report should be made public, but I do feel that the Dems should be able to select a lawyer (someone rational) to view it.

Mueller should have charged if he had obstruction. So he had all that money and all that time. Interviewed all those witness's. And now political sides are going to fight over this. Trump basically beat the fake news Russian hoax though as in him being a central character in this.
(03-24-2019, 09:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think the report should be made public, but I do feel that the Dems should be able to select a lawyer (someone rational) to view it.

I think there are parts of the report that cannot be made public regadless, such as Grand Jury testimonies, etc.
(03-24-2019, 09:30 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think there are parts of the report that cannot be made public regadless, such as Grand Jury testimonies, etc.

It's why I don't think it should be made public, but someone determined by the Dems (because they don't trust the AG) to be impartial should be able to look at it. 

(03-24-2019, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I think it's fantastic that the special counsel was able to determine that the POTUS and his campaign team did not collude with the Russians, and it only took TWO years to make that determination.

I think that it's sad that the Russians are attempting to interfere with American electoral process, even after Obama said it was impossible..

I think that the "no determination" on obstruction of justice is just going to be a Democrat excuse to keep wasting time, money and effort on endless investigations, rather than just getting down to the business of creating legislature that benefits and improves America and it's citizens.

?? Obama said it was impossible that the Russians were attempting to interfere in US elections???

Impossible that they could?  I'd like to read what he said about that if you have a link. 

PS what was your view of the 10 investigations into the Benghazi attacks, 7 by the Republican-controlled House, beginning Oct. 5, 2012 and lasting until December 17, 2016, producing no indictments? (Though they did reveal a certain S of S had a private email server, thus "driving down her numbers, as Kevin McCarthy put it.)  I am asking because this investigation seems to have come in under time compared to some others, though Watergate was shorter at 14 months.  
(03-24-2019, 10:31 PM)Dill Wrote: ?? Obama said it was impossible that the Russians were attempting to interfere in US elections???

Impossible that they could?  I'd like to read what he said about that if you have a link.

You know what's out there.  

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/07/14/obama_trump_stop_whining_elections_rigged_or_stolen.html

-Frank Booth 1/9/23