Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread
(03-26-2019, 11:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know a lot about him, but it seems he is a *bit* partisan himself.  

Everyone is partisan. But there are people in Washington that put rule of law before the party. I believe that Barr is that sort of person.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-26-2019, 11:13 AM)Dill Wrote: Barr was not selected to be the type of person you think he is. But we'll see.

Totally agree with your 1st paragraph.

It's like the Fox machine is actually trying to run Congress full on Benghazi, even when Republicans don't control the House.  

I know that Trump thinks Barr is not that type of person, but Trump has been mistaken on that sort of thing, before.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-26-2019, 11:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Everyone is partisan. But there are people in Washington that put rule of law before the party. I believe that Barr is that sort of person.

Doesn't he have some Iran Contra stink on him still though?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Barr is as partisan as they come. That's why he got the job. Because Trump didn't want another Sessions, who believe it or not ended up being for country over politics. I never agreed with him on anything, but Sessions respected the position and his role.

And is hated for it by Trump and his supporters now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-26-2019, 11:20 AM)jj22 Wrote: Barr is as partisan as they come. That's why he got the job. Because Trump didn't want another Sessions, who believe it or not ended up being for country over politics. I never agreed with him on anything, but Sessions respected the entity.

And is hated for it by Trump and his supporters now.

Let me guess:

Loretta Lynch was beyond moral corruption and as bi-partisan as they come. 

It is absolutely hilarious to watch folks on both sides do exactly what they were against when the shoe was on the other foot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-26-2019, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me guess:

What she part of this investigation?
(03-26-2019, 11:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Doesn't he have some Iran Contra stink on him still though?

I hate all of you. Now I'm reading more on this guy and I'm not so sure of my beliefs regarding him any longer.

(03-26-2019, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me guess:

Are you still mad she said hello to Bill in passing at an airport?

Given what Trump himself (being under investigation) did speaking to Comey in private at the WH asking everyone to leave the room etc, I'm surprised this is still a favorite talking point. There's not many attacks you guys can make against Dems anymore. Hey how about those emails...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/03/22/so-will-we-lock-up-ivanka-jared-violating-government-email-policy/?utm_term=.eac927d50c3e

Trumps really ruined it for you guys (Not saying you voted for Trump). There's no attack against Hillary or Dems that can be made that Trump hasn't done.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-26-2019, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is absolutely hilarious to watch folks on both sides do exactly what they were against when the shoe was on the other foot.

You have no idea. Mellow
(03-26-2019, 11:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I hate all of you. Now I'm reading more on this guy and I'm not so sure of my beliefs regarding him any longer.

Smirk
(03-26-2019, 11:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: What she part of this investigation?

She was not. Hence I used the past-tense was. 

(03-26-2019, 11:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: Are you still mad she said hello to Bill in passing at an airport?

Given what Trump himself (being under investigation) did speaking to Comey in private at the WH asking everyone to leave the room etc, I'm surprised this is still a favorite talking point. There's not many attacks you guys can make against Dems anymore. Hey how about those emails...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/03/22/so-will-we-lock-up-ivanka-jared-violating-government-email-policy/?utm_term=.eac927d50c3e

Trumps really ruined it for you guys (Not saying you voted for Trump). There's no attack against Hillary or Dems that can be made that Trump hasn't done.

Sure all they did was say hi in passing at the airport. 

As I said; it's amusing to watch.

(03-26-2019, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: She was not. Hence I used the past-tense was. 

Oh!  So it had nothing to do with this investigation.  Cool.

(03-26-2019, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is absolutely hilarious to watch folks on both sides do exactly what they were against when the shoe was on the other foot.
(03-26-2019, 11:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I hate all of you. Now I'm reading more on this guy and I'm not so sure of my beliefs regarding him any longer.

Oh...and his son-in-law who now works for Trump.
(03-26-2019, 08:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've never even heard of it.

On Showtime.  If you get a chance, give it a shot. Damian Lewis is a billionaire money manager who doesn't exactly play by the rules and Paul Giamatti is the boss of the southern district and is trying to nail him.  Been a fan of Damian Lewis since Band of Brothers and Giamatti is always great.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-26-2019, 11:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  So it had nothing to do with this investigation.  Cool.

She did not; it had more to do with public reaction. Thanks for quoting the supporting post.

FWIW, Dill was the first to bring up investigations headed up by Lynch in this thread. Why not call him out?

Never mind. 

(03-26-2019, 11:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: She did not; it had more to do with public reaction. Thanks for quoting the supporting post.

FWIW, Dill was the first to bring up investigations headed up by Lynch in this thread. Why not call him out?

Never mind. 

I was commenting on your post.  Please leave others out of it.  You don't know if I said anything to him or not, do you?

FWIW I'm agreeing that BOTH sides are doing what you suggested they are doing.
(03-26-2019, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: I was commenting on your post.  Please leave others out of it.  You don't know if I said anything to him or not, do you?

FWIW I'm agreeing that BOTH sides are doing what you suggested they are doing.

Feel free to leave me out of it. it wasn't about others it was about you and your hypocrisy as the resident poster in this forum.

I'll re-read the thread to see if you addressed the post. 

(03-26-2019, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Feel free to leave me out of it. it wasn't about others it was about you and your hypocrisy as the resident poster in this forum.

Well, enough about me.

(03-26-2019, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll re-read the thread to see if you addressed the post. 

Did I say I did it in this forum?

Smirk

But Dill did "literally" mention her name...in a list of people the GOP wants investigated NOW. Not sure how that equates into what you posted but I won't try to answer that.

Point is that the Mueller report has given the GOP the cojones to try and start new investigations into old things when the POTUS said he wanted fewer investigations in his Sate of the Union.
(03-26-2019, 11:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: She did not; it had more to do with public reaction. Thanks for quoting the supporting post.

FWIW, Dill was the first to bring up investigations headed up by Lynch in this thread
. Why not call him out?

Never mind. 

When I reported that Hannity wants the DOJ to go after her??