Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread
Interesting detail from the fallout of the Barr blunder which is quickly adding to one of the darkest moments in American History.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/limited-information-barr-has-shared-about-russia-investigation-frustrated-some-on-muellers-team/2019/04/03/c98e8a02-567a-11e9-814f-e2f46684196e_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d0555f653075

Quote:Summaries were prepared for different sections of the report, with a view that they could made public, the official said

The report was prepared “so that the front matter from each section could have been released immediately — or very quickly,” the official said. “It was done in a way that minimum redactions, if any, would have been necessary, and the work would have spoken for itself.”

Mueller’s team assumed the information was going to be made available to the public, the official said, “and so they prepared their summaries to be shared in their own words — and not in the attorney general’s summary of their work, as turned out to be the case.”

Barr likely won't last the rest of the year after this coverup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(04-04-2019, 09:33 AM)jj22 Wrote: Interesting detail from the fallout of the Barr blunder which is quickly adding to one of the darkest moments in American History.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/limited-information-barr-has-shared-about-russia-investigation-frustrated-some-on-muellers-team/2019/04/03/c98e8a02-567a-11e9-814f-e2f46684196e_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d0555f653075

Barr likely won't last the rest of the year after this coverup.

As far as I know Barr is allowed to do anything he wants with it, so it wouldn't be a cover up as you mean it.  It may not be ideal, but he can release what he wants, hold back what he wants, release nothing or release it all.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-04-2019, 09:43 AM)michaelsean Wrote: As far as I know Barr is allowed to do anything he wants with it, so it wouldn't be a cover up as you mean it.  It may not be ideal, but he can release what he wants, hold back what he wants, release nothing or release it all.  

Eh, not quite. He can release what he wants as long as it complies with the law. Certain parts will likely need to remain out of the public eye.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-04-2019, 09:33 AM)jj22 Wrote:  one of the darkest moments in American History.

[Image: th?id=OIP.7QzW-gCX74yv6pYfrzHxigHaFl&w=1...=3&pid=1.7]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(04-04-2019, 10:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.7QzW-gCX74yv6pYfrzHxigHaFl&w=1...=3&pid=1.7]

There's never been a cover up involving the POTUS joining forces with a enemy nation to attack America.

Yes. This is historic times we are living in.

But I guess you still believe they are just trying to hide Trumps "full exoneration" from the American people and the world.

Not many people are buying this as the weeks go on and even Trump is against the reports release now.

Sad to see people ignoring common sense to still be conned.

(04-04-2019, 10:39 AM)jj22 Wrote: There's never been a cover up involving the POTUS joining forces with a enemy nation to attack America.

Yes. This is historic times we are living in.

But I guess you still believe they are just trying to hide Trumps "full exoneration" from the American people and the world.

Not many people are buying this as the weeks go on and even Trump is against the reports release now.

Sad to see people ignoring common sense to still be conned.

[Image: 26d61fcaacd120905147821bf1f2f05aa8431ce2...999b99.jpg]

"Still believe" implies I ever did in the first place. But hey, I get it. You were going full blown over-dramatic mode and someone called you out on it so clearly they must be the enemy and believe everything Trump ever says. Cool playbook you got there.

I call it like I see it.

I also don't fall for the whole patting yourself on the back thinking you "called out" someone who says anything bad about Trump, just to deny voting for him and supporting him.

If you agree with him say so. Don't get so insulted when someone says something negative about him where you feel the need to "call them out", just to then distance yourself because you are embarrassed that you have to defend and excuse him.

That's not how you "call me out". I don't bow out that easily under attack from Trump supporters who claim to be pro America and allow this travesty to take place and continue to defend it. You call me out by stating your belief and sticking to it. Not cowering behind some denial of support, voting etc. just to attack those who don't find this behavior acceptable from the POTUS.

(04-04-2019, 10:55 AM)jj22 Wrote: I call it like I see it.

I also don't fall for the whole patting yourself on the back thinking you "called out" someone who says anything bad about Trump, just to deny voting for him and supporting him.

If you agree with him say so. Don't get so insulted when someone says something negative about him where you feel the need to "call them out", just to distance yourself when you are embarrassed that you have to defend and excuse his actions.

That's not how you "call me out" (ask around, it never works). You call me out by stating your belief and sticking to it. Not cowering behind some denial of support just to attack those who don't find this behavior acceptable from the POTUS.

My post literally has nothing to do with Trump. People say bad things about Trump all the time on here (often very validly) and I don't say a damn thing. Me calling you out here has to do with how overly dramatic you are getting on the topic. "...one of the darkest moments in American history."

Come the F on, man. One of the darkest moments in American history? We had a slave trade, we wiped out the Natives, we dropped two nuclear bombs on cities, we turned Syria into an even bigger shithole, we had a Great Depression where folks were starving to death, we had a Civil War where literal family members were killing each other, we have propped up Dictators, women weren't given the right to vote until 1920... that's just the start of a pretty good sized list of absolutely horrible shit our nation has done.

There's also a pretty good sized list of absolutely great shit out nation has done, but to put this as "one of the darkest moments in American history" is one of the most overly dramatic things I have ever seen on this message board. It reminds me of some teenager whose wifi goes down for a day and they go "it was like, literally torture, the worst thing ever."

- - - - - - -

(I voted Gary Johnson, by the way. I've always been open about that on this board. I had zero expectations of him winning, but I wanted the Libertarian party to get 5% so they could get federal funding for next election.)

But please, go on and pretend this is about me defending Trump and my secret love of him, rather than you being absurd. I'm sure it'll go great when you have another "wrong side of history" meltdown and get suspended again.

(04-04-2019, 11:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My post literally has nothing to do with Trump. People say bad things about Trump all the time on here (often very validly) and I don't say a damn thing. Me calling you out here has to do with how overly dramatic you are getting on the topic. "...one of the darkest moments in American history."

Come the F on, man. One of the darkest moments in American history? We had a slave trade, we wiped out the Natives, we dropped two nuclear bombs on cities, we turned Syria into an even bigger shithole, we had a Great Depression where folks were starving to death, we had a Civil War where literal family members were killing each other, we have propped up Dictators, women weren't given the right to vote until 1920... that's just the start of a pretty good sized list of absolutely horrible shit our nation has done.

There's also a pretty good sized list of absolutely great shit out nation has done, but to put this as "one of the darkest moments in American history" is one of the most overly dramatic things I have ever seen on this message board. It reminds me of some teenager whose wifi goes down for a day and they go "it was like, literally torture, the worst thing ever."

- - - - - - -

(I voted Gary Johnson, by the way. I've always been open about that on this board. I had zero expectations of him winning, but I wanted the Libertarian party to get 5% so they could get federal funding for next election.)

But please, go on and pretend this is about me defending Trump and my secret love of him, rather than you being absurd. I'm sure it'll go great when you have another "wrong side of history" meltdown and get suspended again.

I'm going to have to throw the Civil War in there.  4 assassinations.  The Great Depression.  9/11.  Pearl Harbor.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Bad as those times were, none of which involved the possibility of a cover up involving the American President joining forces with an enemy nation to attack America.

None.

We are living in unprecedented times.

We can act like this is common or no big deal. But I think those who do are missing the moment (willingly for political affiliation or otherwise). It is a significant moment in history that maybe people don't understand now, but like all that was mentioned above (which people didn't realize was a big deal historically then either, but now you rarely hear anyone admitting their grandparents took part in Jim Crow discrimination for example when back then they defended their actions passionately) in 50 years people will look back on this in a light that better represents the moment.

And likely then, you won't hear many people willing to admit they covered for Trump and his love for Putin and Kim etc. And "called out" those who dared to disagree or speak out against him.

(04-04-2019, 11:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bad as those times were, none of which involved the possibility of a cover up involving the American President joining forces with an enemy nation to attack America.

None.

We are living in unprecedented times.

We can act like this is common or no big deal. But I think those who do are missing the moment (willingly for political affiliation or otherwise). It is a significant moment in history that maybe people don't understand now, but like all that was mentioned above (which people didn't realize was a big deal historically then either, but now you rarely hear anyone admitting their grandparents took part in Jim Crow discrimination for example when back then they defended their actions passionately) in 50 years people will look back on this in a light that better represents the moment.

And likely then, you won't hear many people willing to admit they covered for Trump and his love for Putin and Kim etc. And "called out" those who dared to disagree or speak out against him.

Who is covering up?  Barr said he is going to redact the parts he has to and release it in a couple of weeks.  

Barr has a history of coverups. The Iran Contra scandal taught us that.

Barr is more biased and political then Sessions (and that is saying something). He got the job because he went on a media tour saying Trump was innocent. For the past 2 weeks his "summary" has crashed and burned and each day that passes it looks more and more like a cover up.

That's why Trump and co is losing control of the "full exoneration" narrative.

(04-04-2019, 11:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: Barr has a history of coverups. The Iran Contra scandal taught us that.

Barr is more biased and political then Sessions (and that is saying something). He got the job because he went on a media tour saying Trump was innocent. For the past 2 weeks his "summary" has crashed and burned and each day that passes it looks more and more like a cover up.

That's why Trump and co is losing control of the "full exoneration" narrative.

So you think people won't be able to tell if he doesn't release everything?  He said it would be ready in the middle of April.  Why are you calling it a cover up before then?

Because of the number of reports that are leaking since his "summary" that point towards a coverup.

And because Trump now doesn't want the report released in full.

None of this to me (maybe only me) sound like a man who was "exonerated". But like I keep saying, I guess plenty people believe he wants it hidden from the world.

I say release the report in full like they do when Dems are investigated by a special counsel. No more of this double standard.

If it was exposed all a hoax and witch hunt like Trump supporters have been telling us the last two weeks then what is to redact or hide? It's supposedly all fake.

Trump supporters think they can have it both ways, and they probably can because society let's Republicans get away with far more than they do Dems (see Biden under attack from those who elected and supported Trump and nominated and confirmed Kav), but that doesn't mean we as people have to ignore the obvious.

(04-04-2019, 01:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because of the number of reports that are leaking since his "summary" that point towards a coverup.

And because Trump now doesn't want the report released in full.

None of this to me (maybe only me) sound like a man who was "exonerated". But like I keep saying, I guess plenty people believe he wants it hidden from the world.

I say release the report in full like they do when Dems are investigated by a special counsel. No more of this double standard.

Are we talking about different things?  First of all it wouldn't be a cover up they way you think.  He doesn't have to release anything.  But more importantly he is releasing the whole thing minus the parts he has to redact. What is the part you aren't getting?

And you should get Nadler's opinion on releasing a full report that involves Dems.  

Barr said Trump was "completely exonerated" and Trump said it exposed the investigation as a witch hunt and hoax. And Obama should now be investigated for his supposed role in it.

Why is it Dems are the only ones who want to see all this? Again I ask. What needs to be redacted from a Hoax? Don't we want to know all about how the hoax went down so it'll never happen again and we can expose and lock up who came up with it and wasted tax payers money? Don't you guys want to nail Obama and Hillary after the report per Trump "exposed" their role in the hoax?

"Interesting" that people who believe it was all a hoax/Witch hunt, and Hillary was the one who colluded, wants things redacted from the report. Seems to me they should be calling for it to be released in full.

Not sure how we've gotten to the point as Americans when this doesn't even make sense to people.... But we are here.

I maintain both Trump supporters and those who don't support him should want the report released in full (just for different reasons). Not just the ones who were supposedly responsible for the witch hunt/hoax.

Something tells me everything will be redacted except for the world "No" on page 6 and "collusion" on page 435 after Trump gets finished with it.

(04-04-2019, 04:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Barr said Trump was "completely exonerated" and Trump said it exposed the investigation as a witch hunt and hoax. And Obama should now be investigated for his supposed role in it.  

Why is it Dems are the only ones who want to see all this? Again I ask. What needs to be redacted from a Hoax? Don't we want to know all about how the hoax went down so it'll never happen again and we can expose and lock up who came up with it and wasted tax payers money? Don't you guys want to nail Obama and Hillary after the report per Trump "exposed" their role in the hoax?

"Interesting" that people who believe it was all a hoax/Witch hunt, and Hillary was the one who colluded, wants things redacted from the report. Seems to me they should be calling for it to be released in full.  

Not sure how we've gotten to the point as Americans when this doesn't even make sense to people.... But we are here.

I maintain both Trump supporters and those who don't support him should want the report released in full (just for different reasons). Not just the ones who were supposedly responsible for the witch hunt/hoax.

Why do you now want people to break the law? Virtually anything dealing with the grand jury cannot be shown. Even Congress is limited in seeing that. Nothing dealing with an ongoing investigations can be released.  And a few other categories.   

(04-04-2019, 05:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Why do you now want people to break the law? Virtually anything dealing with the grand jury cannot be shown. Even Congress is limited in seeing that. Nothing dealing with an ongoing investigations can be released.  And a few other categories.   

The investigation was deemed a hoax. A Witch hunt. Per Trump, his supporters, and the Republican Congress. There's no grand jury in a hoax or witch hunt. No ongoing investigation if it's deemed over and Trump's fully exonerated as he and his supporters have been celebrating the last two weeks. Even in this thread. So none of this matters unless Trump and Barr is lying and attempting to cover up the scandal. Which is exactly my point and the point I've been trying to make.

Here's a little insight on Barr's "character".

https://www.justsecurity.org/63510/what-has-bill-barr-done-to-earn-the-benefit-of-the-doubt/

(04-04-2019, 05:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: The investigation was deemed a hoax. A Witch hunt. Per Trump, his supporters, and the Republican Congress. There's no grand jury in a hoax or witch hunt. No ongoing investigation if it's deemed over and Trump's fully exonerated as he and his supporters have been celebrating the last two weeks. Even in this thread. So none of this matters unless Trump and Barr is lying and attempting to cover up the scandal. Which is exactly my point and the point I've been trying to make.

Here's a little insight on Barr's "character".

https://www.justsecurity.org/63510/what-has-bill-barr-done-to-earn-the-benefit-of-the-doubt/

Now you're just spouting nonsense.  There was a grand jury, and nobody said there wasn't.  If he redacts other stuff than that which is legally required, it will be obvious, and then you can go off on one of your tirades.  Just a little patience.