Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread
(05-23-2019, 06:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Actually the affair was first published at the end of 2011.
The affair was from 2006, so it's not like it was something recent that happened right before his Election. Yes he married Melania in 2005, so shame on him. Rich celebrities that have affairs typically pay off the other person to keep them quiet. Many will lie about those affairs so as to not damage their Spouse. Nothing really new here. he's not the first nor will he be the last to that, and has nothing to do with his ability/inability to do his Job as POTUS. It's nothing more than a bitching point for you all to make,, it's like the birther thing with Obama.

I think many celebrities lie to their spouses for the same reason non-celebrities do--to protect themselves, not their spouses. LOL

But I disagree with your claim this has nothing to do with Trump's ability to do his job as POTUS. If this were one old affair, then no, I would not make much of it. Especially in the case of someone who otherwise was not give to lying. (E.g., George W drank a lot and did cocaine--then quit decades ago. Closed book.)   But there is so much going on here beyond a single affair. 

1. There is first the pattern of cheating on a spouse--three times in a row.  For decades he has lived a lie to his own family members. Hiding those lies is part of his daily normal, part of his character, a lifestyle.

2. That pattern is itself part of a larger one of ill-treatment of women--from the 19 accusations of assault, to the horrible personal insults of professional women in tweets, to the Hollywood access tape. He denies all such accusations, while attacking "liberals" like Al Franken for much less.

3. Then this pattern links, via Stormy, to the pattern of shady business deals managed by a "fixer."  The analogy to "family deals" and business deals is pretty clear, appearance vs reality again. Four bankruptcies, contractors and investors stiffed, creditors sued, American banks refuse him loans, mysterious funding, stories killed by the National Enquirer, won't reveal his tax returns. The "King of debt." At every level and in every aspect of his life we see the grifter who convinced people to buy into his Trump university because he hand picked the faculty, the swindler who convinced enough American voters that he would hand-pick "the best people" for his cabinet, all of a piece with the cheating husband who promised three wives "till death do us part."

I don't see any link to the birther conspiracy here, other than it is yet another example of Trump's poor judgment in pushing falshood. Either he has difficulty separating Truth from Fiction, or does but uses fiction for political gain. Either way, that's not what I want to see in a leader.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-24-2019, 11:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, it all started with the Whitewater investigation, which yielded considerably more indictments and jail time than the Muller investigation. 

Sorry, but this is demonstrably untrue.

Anyone who provably lied under oath should face the consequences.

Not to contradict 'Zona, but yes.  Starr was investigating Whitewater and found out the Lewinski stuff in the process.  Clinton should have refused to answer anything not related to Whitewater.  Honestly Starr had no business asking about Lewinski other than to cause Clinton political damage.

It was separate, but that's what Starr was investigating when he deposed Clinton and Clinton lied.  That it came to nothing is not true at all, unless you mean in regards to the Clinton's (which I think was your point), in which case you would be technically correct.  It netted a huge number of indictments, convictions and brought down the, then, current governor of Arkansas.  

Do you think people you are looking into should refuse to answer your questions if they are unrelated to what you were originally questioning them about?

I find it hard to swallow that you would tell someone you were questioning "Don't answer this one since its unrelated and might get you in trouble."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-28-2019, 09:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Do you think people you are looking into should refuse to answer your questions if they are unrelated to what you were originally questioning them about?

They do it all the time, it's called Miranda rights.  There's also the 5th amendment and all.

Quote:I find it hard to swallow that you would tell someone you were questioning "Don't answer this one since its unrelated and might get you in trouble."

You seem to be a bit confused here.  Starr should have absolutely asked (in your scenario here I would be Starr).  Clinton should have absolutely not answered the question (in your scenario Clinton is the person I am questioning). 
Michael Wolff is at it again: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/28/mueller-trump-obstruction-charge-michael-wolff-book-siege-under-fire-news?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Admittedly, this is an interesting claim, but I put more stock in the Office of the Special Counsel than I do Wolff. The Guardian says they have reviewed the documents, though, so who knows? Regardless, this is just another pay day for Wolff; stirring up controversy for book sales.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Mueller is speaking and Trump supporters/defenders better cover their ears and turn on Fox News because it's damaging.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Eh, the Mueller presser was nothing much. Biggest takeaways: he is formally resigning and the office is closing, and he isn't planning on testifying before Congress because his report speaks for itself.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Mueller says his office was bound by the US Justice Dept. policy against indicting a sitting president: “Charging the president with a crime was, therefore, not an option we could consider.”

Mueller: you have a 400+ page report that lays it out unambiguously in black and white. If Special Counsel could say confidently Trump didn’t commit a crime, they would’ve. They can’t so they didn’t. Now it’s up to Congress and the American people to decide what to do.

Mueller just repeating what the report said:

-Russia made an effort to interfere in the election
-The investigation could never charge the President with a crime for the very fact that he is President
-The investigation did not have confidence that no crime was committed however they did not set out to determine if a crime had been committed.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/29/robert-mueller-statement-russia-investigation-text-transcript-1346453

Chris Christie admits Barr misled Americans. Pretty unfortunate the number of Trump supporters/defenders who chose to take Barr's word over their own eyes (reading the report). This is how they get so badly misled and help spread fake news.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/chris-christie-muellers-statement-definitely-contradicts-barrs-summary

Breaking: Trump inadvertently admits to getting help from the Russians to get elected.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump · 6h6 hours ago
Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,.....

Now will Trump defenders and supporters finally realize they were fed fake news from Russian bots that have them still hating Hillary (for things that didn't even happen) to this day. Played for fools by the Russians. Pretty sad.

(05-30-2019, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Breaking: Trump inadvertently admits to getting help from the Russians to get elected.  

Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,.....

Now will Trump defenders and supporters finally realize they were fed fake news from Russian bots that have them still hating Hillary (for things that didn't even happen) to this day. Played for fools by the Russians. Pretty sad.

Yup no dislike for Hillary until those Russian bots kicked in.  Everyone on the right pretty much adored her until then.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-30-2019, 04:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yup no dislike for Hillary until those Russian bots kicked in.  Everyone on the right pretty much adored her until then.  

95% of the reasons they hate Hillary is fake news. But I see you closed your eyes and quickly read over Trump admitting the Russians helped him win to sarcastically take a shot at me over daring to defend Hillary, an American citizen we now know was attacked by an enemy nation. The first ever, and one that will go down in history as an American hero for standing strong in the face of an attack by the second most powerful country in the world along with Trump and 40m "fellow" Americans who joined in with the Russians to attack America.

In the mean time. How fake news is spread? Good write up with video proof.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/30/how-fox-news-worked-spin-robert-muellers-public-statement/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cfb4b45199c4

Also how Facebook is being exposed as a willing participant in the misinformation attack.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nancy-pelosi-fake-video-facebook-news-2019-5

I agree with those who point out you don't see these things happening to Republicans. Just Obama, Hillary, Nancy, and other prominent Dems. "Interesting". Not really.

(05-30-2019, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Breaking: Trump inadvertently admits to getting help from the Russians to get elected.  

? There is no doubt the Russians had a hand in trying to steer the Election to a favorable outcome for them? Why is that even questioned? We do it to other countries as well. So it's inevitable that it happens back to us.

The real question was did Trump and Russia collaborate their efforts. Do you have any proof? Nah, Trump was just willing to bask in the limelight while Putin was attacking Hillary's group.
We do have proof tho. Trump Jr. admitted to meeting with the Russians to get the info for one. Both he and Trump lied about the meeting.

https://www.npr.org/2017/07/09/536345533/trump-son-admits-to-meeting-russian-lawyer-with-offer-of-helpful-info-for-campai

For two, Trump associates worked to get stats to Wikileaks to help plan the releases. The Mueller report lays all of this out pretty clear.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/how-the-russians-hacked-the-dnc-and-passed-its-emails-to-wikileaks/2018/07/13/af19a828-86c3-11e8-8553-a3ce89036c78_story.html?utm_term=.0cbc18d7f765

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-campaign-planned-wikileaks-dump-tried-acquire-clinton-emails-mueller-n996081

And there's this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b71f2eYdTc

which directly led to this....

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/439559-mueller-russian-hackers-targeted-clintons-personal-office-hours-after

What Trump did was absolutely anti American and while I know by definition not Treason. It was certainly treason in my book. He's lucky Americans aren't reading the Mueller report, and lucky you can't indict a sitting president.

And...

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/dec/18/john-podesta/its-true-wikileaks-dumped-podesta-emails-hour-afte/

Finally for their reward..

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/04/568310790/2016-rnc-delegate-trump-directed-change-to-party-platform-on-ukraine-support

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/06/568895579/flynn-promised-russia-sanctions-were-to-be-ripped-up-top-house-democrat-says

This attack is really a interesting moment in American history. The problem is unlike other attacks on this nation in the past (Pearl Harbor, 9/11) Americans just don't seem to care.

(05-30-2019, 04:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: 95% of the reasons they hate Hillary is fake news. But I see you closed your eyes and quickly read over Trump admitting the Russians helped him win to sarcastically take a shot at me over daring to defend Hillary, an American citizen we now know was attacked by an enemy nation. The first ever, and one that will go down in history as an American hero for standing strong in the face of an attack by the second most powerful country in the world along with Trump and 40m "fellow" Americans who joined in with the Russians to attack America.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/30/how-fox-news-worked-spin-robert-muellers-public-statement/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cfb4b45199c4

Also how Facebook is being exposed as a willing participant in the misinformation attack.

I agree with those who point out you don't see these things happening to Republicans. Just Obama, Hillary, Nancy, and other prominent Dems. "Interesting". Not really.

What are you talking about? I've disliked Hillary since Bill was POTUS. I think most of us Conservatives feel the same. It's her personality that does it. She's about as fake as press-on nails.
Since people aren't going to read the Mueller report, and I understand why after fighting through over 100 pages of it, maybe the best way to break it down is like above.

(05-30-2019, 04:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: 95% of the reasons they hate Hillary is fake news. But I see you closed your eyes and quickly read over Trump admitting the Russians helped him win to sarcastically take a shot at me over daring to defend Hillary, an American citizen we now know was attacked by an enemy nation. The first ever, and one that will go down in history as an American hero for standing strong in the face of an attack by the second most powerful country in the world along with Trump and 40m "fellow" Americans who joined in with the Russians to attack America.

Oh I read it, I was just surprised you agreed that Trump had nothing to do with it.  Or do you only believe the parts you want to?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-30-2019, 05:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What are you talking about? I've disliked Hillary since Bill was POTUS. I think most of us Conservatives feel the same. It's her personality that does it. She's about as fake as press-on nails.

It's likely still over right wing conspiracy theories and long disproven reasons.

It's why the Republicans have investigated her for decades to find nothing.

Again. Much of the Hillary hate is fake news conspiracy theories. Most recently pushed by the Russians over a 2 year period.