Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread
(05-30-2019, 05:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh I read it, I was just surprised you agreed that Trump had nothing to do with it.  Or do you only believe the parts you want to?

I have no idea what you are talking about here.

I was talking about Trumps slip up. You are too busy trying to cover for it for me to keep up with your spin as now they have to go from you believed that and now believe all of the tweet, to he never said any of it!

Someone got to him tho. Leaving his supporters and defenders struggling to keep up with his/their spin.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/30/trump-russia-2016-election-helped-elect-president
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(05-30-2019, 05:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What are you talking about? I've disliked Hillary since Bill was POTUS. I think most of us Conservatives feel the same. It's her personality that does it. She's about as fake as press-on nails.

Shit, I've disliked her since then, as well, and I'm a liberal. There is a reason the Secret Service and military attachment at the White House referred to her as "First *****" during those years. It's sad, because her pedigree and her achievements really would make her a good person to hold such an office, but her personality is one that is less than friendly.

(05-30-2019, 05:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Since people aren't going to read the Mueller report, and I understand why after fighting through over 100 pages of it, maybe the best way to break it down is like above.

If you had read the Mueller report, you would know that Mueller and his time found no evidence of collusion between Trump's campaign and the Russian government on their attempts to undermine our election.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-30-2019, 06:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: I have no idea what you are talking about here.

I was talking about Trumps slip up. You are too busy trying to cover for it for me to keep up with your spin as now they have to go from you believed that and now believe all of the tweet, to he never said any of it!

Someone got to him tho. Leaving his supporters and defenders struggling to keep up with his/their spin.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/30/trump-russia-2016-election-helped-elect-president

There were two parts to his slip up. Do you believe both parts or only the part that serves your interest? Not that complicated.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-30-2019, 06:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's likely still over right wing conspiracy theories and long disproven reasons.

It's why the Republicans have investigated her for decades to find nothing.

Again. Much of the Hillary hate is fake news conspiracy theories. Most recently pushed by the Russians over a 2 year period.

Are they vast right wing conspiracy theories?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-30-2019, 08:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Shit, I've disliked her since then, as well, and I'm a liberal. There is a reason the Secret Service and military attachment at the White House referred to her as "First *****" during those years. It's sad, because her pedigree and her achievements really would make her a good person to hold such an office, but her personality is one that is less than friendly.

If you had read the Mueller report, you would know that Mueller and his time found no evidence of collusion between Trump's campaign and the Russian government on their attempts to undermine our election.

I think I’ve said this before, but a secret service guy I went to school with loved Bill and said she was the most miserable person he’s ever met. He said they are as different (on a personal level) as two people can be.

(05-30-2019, 06:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: I have no idea what you are talking about here.

You might want to buckle up, because it's likely going to be 4 more years of President Trump!   ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-30-2019, 10:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think I’ve said this before, but a secret service guy I went to school with loved Bill and said she was the most miserable person he’s ever met. He said they are as different (on a personal level) as two people can be.

I know a guy that used to be on the Marine 1 detail during those years as one of the crew members. He has some interesting stories about her, including one where he lost it and snapped at her and it (understandably) almost cost him his job.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-30-2019, 10:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think I’ve said this before, but a secret service guy I went to school with loved Bill and said she was the most miserable person he’s ever met. He said they are as different (on a personal level) as two people can be.

(05-30-2019, 10:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know a guy that used to be on the Marine 1 detail during those years as one of the crew members. He has some interesting stories about her, including one where he lost it and snapped at her and it (understandably) almost cost him his job.

I'm sure I have told the story of my encounter with Hills. It was area uso in Korea. I was watching Dead Poets society and she knew the whole real story and shared it with me. I do remember being impressed with her backside. She was very nice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-30-2019, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure I have told the story of my encounter with Hills. It was area uso in Korea. I was watching Dead Poets society and she knew the whole real story and shared it with me. I do remember being impressed with her backside. She was very nice.

One of the themes that I have heard is that when it comes to staff/personnel that are in service roles to her, she treats them like shit. She knows when to turn it on, and can be very personable. This is why we get conflicting ideas of who she is and how she acts.

(05-30-2019, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure I have told the story of my encounter with Hills. It was area uso in Korea. I was watching Dead Poets society and she knew the whole real story and shared it with me. I do remember being impressed with her backside. She was very nice.

I wonder if anyone here has ever met Trump or any of his people?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-30-2019, 08:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Shit, I've disliked her since then, as well, and I'm a liberal. There is a reason the Secret Service and military attachment at the White House referred to her as "First *****" during those years. It's sad, because her pedigree and her achievements really would make her a good person to hold such an office, but her personality is one that is less than friendly.
Well, of course.

A woman with good pedigree and achievements has to be NICE too or she's a *****.

A man can have zero of any of it AND be an ass but he's just being assertive.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I wonder if Trump is an asshole in person too?

I've read enough to know that's not true. Enough to know better then to repeat Trumps talking points.

But hey, if the report said that then why is Trump attacking the report still? Claiming conflict of interest in the results? He must not agree with the "No collusion, No obstruction" you guys claim it stated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-uses-discredited-conflict-of-interest-charges-to-attack-mueller/2019/05/30/2f7c7908-82f6-11e9-95a9-e2c830afe24f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d0161a57a468

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-attacks-mueller-true-never-trumper-after-admitting-first-time-n1011861

If you aren't going to read the repot then maybe a dose of common sense will help.

Common sense is enough to figure out if the report said what you said, then Trump wouldn't be attacking it as illegitimate. He'd be highlighting it and pointing to it as proof. Thanking Mueller for clearing and exonerating him.

Not attacking a report that exonerated him as illegitimate. I'm confused as to what you guys are trying to say. Is the report illegitimate as Trump is stating? Thus the "No collusion, No Obstruction" must be a lie.

The report breaks down the evidence and the law, and when it comes to legality you see people not charged all the time for various reasons.

Example.

There is a video of Kraft soliciting sex and getting it by a sex trafficking palor (the true pizzagate that Americans were outraged over when Russian bots spread misinformation about Hillary concerning sex trafficking, yet have ignored when a Republican, Trump, is caught involved in a real one).

He's not charged, so he's able to claim innocence. Patriot fans are able to claim innocence. And everyone gets to ignore the video evidence due to legalities.

Does that make him innocent? Sure. In the court of law. But the court of law forces us to ignore a video that proves a crime was committed.

That's our legal system. A system a jury is told they must ignore a taped confession because someone wasn't read their rights. Leading to a not guilty verdict.

Nobody who read the report would claim Trump was innocent.

(05-30-2019, 11:43 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder if Trump is an asshole in person too?

I've never met him in person.

But when Trump tells you he was talking to a friend but never tells you their name that means he has no friends.

He has underlings and yess-men and a family who is waiting to grab whatever is left of his inheritance when he dies.  That's about it.

That makes me believe he's an asshole.

I've met some real bastards in my day...they had good friends who either tolerated them or were just like them.

And I've met (and worked for) some real assholes who had a situation like Trump is in.

I'm sure he can fake it for a while, but not long enough to have a "friend".
(05-30-2019, 11:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, of course.

A woman with good pedigree and achievements has to be NICE too or she's a *****.

A man can have zero of any of it AND be an ass but he's just being assertive.

Mellow

We call plenty of guys a-holes and this has nothing to do with being assertive.  It's about treating people like crap.

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

(05-30-2019, 10:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You might want to buckle up, because it's likely going to be 4 more years of President Trump!   ThumbsUp

I won't be known for voting for such a man. I can be proud of that regardless of the 2020 results.

You like how Trump acts, think it's fine for kids to act like him. Think it's great he professes his love for Putin and Kim etc. Want a twitter troll as POTUS.

I don't, and wasn't raised to behave like Trump. People like Trump (insecure bullies/con artists in constant need of ego boosts) were never popular were I grew up. I didn't raise my kids to act like that, and can't be shamed by Trump supporters for not doing so.

But I don't deny that's what Americans want (as long as it's not a Dem). It's the minority that doesn't think that behavior is a good representation of America and our values.

In the mean time, we'll watch as Trump continues to attack our deceased Vets, Gold star and purple heart families. Profess his love for dictators, and attack fellow Americans on twitter. And hopefully always fight the good fight even if it's an uphill battle in this day and age.

(05-30-2019, 10:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder if anyone here has ever met Trump or any of his people?

(05-30-2019, 11:43 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder if Trump is an asshole in person too?

I wonder if Hills ever...  

... forget it.  not enough time.  
(05-31-2019, 09:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've never met him in person.

But when Trump tells you he was talking to a friend but never tells you their name that means he has no friends.

He has underlings and yess-men and a family who is waiting to grab whatever is left of his inheritance when he dies.  That's about it.

That makes me believe he's an asshole.

I've met some real bastards in my day...they had good friends who either tolerated them or were just like them.

And I've met (and worked for) some real assholes who had a situation like Trump is in.

I'm sure he can fake it for a while, but not long enough to have a "friend".

I don't know. I could envision a scenario where I could be his friend.... if the price was right Wink
(05-31-2019, 10:39 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't know. I could envision a scenario where I could be his friend.... if the price was right Wink

I think $250,000 is the going rate, but....you have to do some things.

Oh that Barr.  What a stand up guy!   Ninja