Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread

Nervous
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-28-2019, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote:  

Nervous

I guess that's a little more personal and direct than simply saying "Cut it out" to a TV camera.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-28-2019, 03:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess that's a little more personal and direct than simply saying "Cut it out" to a TV camera.

Cool
(06-28-2019, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote:  

Nervous

What an embarrassing group representing us. Pompeo is the only one i have a smidge of respect for. Mnuchin is just weird. Mulvaney has been a little bit of everything and openly bashed trump before selling out and working for him. And then the presidents son in law and daughter.

Jeeze...

On another note I heard the meeting went great and putin did sell the trump fam a nice bridge in russia.
DJT is really on the defensive. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/06/29/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-election-meddling-russia-united-states/1604628001/

Quote:OSAKA, Japan — President Donald Trump on Saturday defended his exchange with Russian President Vladimir Putin in which he appeared to joke about that country’s meddling in the 2016 election.

Asked if he was kidding with Putin when he leaned over and told the Russian leader not to interfere, Trump said, "I did say it."

“You’re going to have to take a look at the words,” Trump said, adding that he raised the issue again after reporters left the room.
Trump’s remarks came less than 24 hours after drew criticism in the U.S. for appear to joke with Putin about Russian meddling in the 2016 election. When reporters asked whether the two would discuss that issue, Trump turned to Putin and wagged his finger with a smile.

"Don't meddle in the election, president," Trump said as cameras clicked and reporters shouted questions.
When an interpreter translated Trump's "request," Putin laughed.

Minutes earlier, the president spoke approvingly of the fact that the Russian president does not have the same problems with the media that he has. Russia has an oppressive relationship with its press, and dozens of journalists have been killed in recent years.

"Fake news," Trump said during a meeting with Putin at the G-20 summit in Japan as journalists filled into the room to cover the leaders' remarks. "You don't have this problem with Russia…You don’t have it."

Putin responded in English, according to a raw video feed of the exchange.

"Yes, yes," he said. "We have, too. The same."

In discussing other world leaders during his news conference Saturday, Trump said he gets along with both autocrats and democrats.

"Some are stronger than others, some are better than others," Trump said.  

"I don't really care about offending people," Trump added. "I get along with a lot of people."

He's relying on "look at exactly what I said" when there is video of HOW he said it (tone, facial expressions) and how Putin reacted (laughing).

He's shown for the weak, feckless leader he really is every time he has to deal with Putin.
(06-28-2019, 11:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What an embarrassing group representing us. Pompeo is the only one i have a smidge of respect for. Mnuchin is just weird. Mulvaney has been a little bit of everything and openly bashed trump before selling out and working for him. And then the presidents son in law and daughter.

Jeeze...

On another note I heard the meeting went great and putin did sell the trump fam a nice bridge in russia.

The bridge hasn't been built yet. Trump just put up the funding as "investment."  Helps with taxes.

Can't see Obama calling out Putin like that, and on a world stage.

Now one has been tougher on Russia.

It's going to be excuses for all of this. Really Americans just don't care unless it's a Democrat.

Republicans are openly mocking this political dynamic now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Sounds like the DOJ is working overtime to make sure Mueller doesn't tell us the details behind Trump being "fully exonerated"" as Barr and Trump claims Muellers report did and sold to Trump defenders even on this board who refused to read the report to willfully accept Barr's and Hannity's analysis.

I know most of us clear minded people know the answer, but to the Trump defenders. Why such hate and attempted silence of a man who "fully exonerated" Trump?

Don't you guys want the world to know?

Aren't you excited to hear Trump being "fully exonerated". I still don't get how they buy this lie while watching Trump and co attack Mueller. Clear minded people see you can't have it both ways (who attacks a man who "fully exonerated" you of a crime). But for some reason Trump supporters think this is a natural reaction of the innocent.

That snake oil must be some powerful stuff.

Site was down during the Mueller hearing. But it confirmed everything we (those of us who didn't choose to listen to Barr and Hannity) said. Trump lied about "No collusion, No Obstruction".

Now the only question is will his defenders stand with America?

(07-24-2019, 03:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Site was down during the Mueller hearing. But it confirmed everything we (those of us who didn't choose to listen to Barr and Hannity) said. Trump lied about "No collusion, No Obstruction".

Well the report itself: It claimed no collusion; As to the obstruction: It seems Trump did nothing to stop or impede the investigation. It does appear that he considered it a witch hunt because 14 of the 14 investigators on the case we Dems and Clinton supporters. 

There does appear to be a travesty of justice, but folks might dispute on where it lies. Bottom line: We know no more today than we did the day the report was released, but there's a portion of Dems who want to claims laws were broken (read continuous "no one is above the law" mantra, when the report does not point to any. Mueller himself said Trump could have fired him he chose to, not just merely complain about him.

What I've taken away from the day is this is a circus, I feel bad for Mueller, and the Dems should dismiss him with their apologies. I type this knowing full well it is written with a conservative POV. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

The report never claimed no collusion. As Mueller said today, that wasn't investigated because it isn't a legal term.

You don't have to stop an investigation to be considered obstructing it. Mueller confirmed that and stated Trump did all he could to influence and threaten witnesses.

A lot of the fake news reports that was being pushed by Fox went down in flames. Now his supporters are still going to ignore it, but we heard it from the horses mouth and the video is now out there for those who didn't want to read the report.

Even Jim Jordan screwed up by admitting (in his attempt to yell down Mueller) the favorite lie of Fox News and Trump that the Dossier started the FBI investigation wasn't true.

But we knew that because Nunes himself admitted it in his report.

(07-24-2019, 03:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Site was down during the Mueller hearing. But it confirmed everything we (those of us who didn't choose to listen to Barr and Hannity) said. Trump lied about "No collusion, No Obstruction".

It comes down to this:

Do you think trying to get your staff to lie and obstruct justice is an impeachable offense, even if they were too smart not to listen to you?

In a post Clinton world, I say yes. I think it's an important safeguard for democracy. Others will take a harder stance and say impeachment should not be done lightly, despite what happened to Clinton, so no, you need the President to have clearly committed a crime, not just try to commit one. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-24-2019, 03:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: The report never claimed no collusion. As Mueller said today, that wasn't investigated because it isn't a legal term.

You don't have to stop an investigation to be considered obstructing it. Mueller confirmed that and stated Trump did all he could to influence and threaten witnesses.

It doesn't bother you at all that this investigation was lead by 14 investigators all contributors to the political opponent he just defeated and at least 2 were fired by openly stating they would do all they could to stop Trump?

That bothers me; as does; dragging this man back over the coals because his report in itself didn't give you what you wanted. 

The thing is If you're a Dem then we are both happy the Dems are putting on this circus. I just feel bad for those they force to attend. 

(07-24-2019, 03:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It doesn't bother you at all that this investigation was lead by 14 investigators all contributors to the political opponent he just defeated and at least 2 were fired by openly stating they would do all they could to stop Trump?

That bothers me; as does; dragging this man back over the coals because his report in itself didn't give you what you wanted. 

The thing is If you're a Dem then we are both happy the Dems are putting on this circus. I just feel bad for those they force to attend. 

No, that's a lie too. They were Republicans and like Trump had donated to Dems (more than Hillary) but also donated much more to Republicans. Something Conservative media leaves out.

Mueller and Comey are Republicans too. Card carrying Republicans. Always have been. THem being "Democrats" is just fake news being pushed by Fox and co.

Trumps donated millions to the Clintons. Does that bother you?

Did Starr being a partisan Republican and supporting Republicans bother you? Cause he is the only one who had a full team of players who not only donated but voted for Clintons opponents.

(07-24-2019, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: No, that's a lie too. They were Republicans and like Trump had donated to Dems (more than Hillary) but also donated much more to Republicans. Something Conservative media leaves out.

Mueller and Comey are Republicans too. Card carrying Republicans.

Trumps donated millions to the Clintons. Does that bother you?

Did Starr being a partisan Republican and supporting Republicans bother you?

I get the biased members of the investigators doesn't bother you; but I didn't hear it from conservative media, I heard it from today's hearing. To be honesty I had no idea it was that slanted until today. No it doesn't bother me that Trump himself donated to Hills.

I made no mention of Mueller's or Comey's political parties, but Mueller did try to stand up for those investigators under him.

WTS, you keep going to this "The people will overlook it unless it's a Dem" where hers' a news flash. If Trump is not brought up on impeachment charges after this last ditch embarrassing effort, the it's not the people who excused him it means a Democratic led House found him guilty of no crime. 

There's going to come a time when you and others have to accept the report; regardless of its bias, take off the tin foil hats, and get back to business. 

I listened to the hearing and that is not what was stated. That was some Republicans regurgitating fake news and trying to make a show out of it. Mueller rightfully stayed above it all.

Because the facts are out. Those were Republicans.

And Nancy is fearful of Impeachment because it boosted Clinton. There is plenty there.

Both of us know if it was Hillary the proceedings would have began already. Heck Clinton was impeached for lying about a consensual affair.

We all heard all the lies Trump told today.

We accept the report. At least we know what was in it.

You guys need to think with common sense. Why attack a man and his team who "fully exonerated" Trump. You should be applauding him and defending him. Yall attacking a man and his investigators after "full exoneration" really don't make much sense outside of Fox News world.

But as usual. Trump will make fools out of you guys as he typically does after yall go all in on a defense of him. How's that lecture about demanding us to applaud him for speaking out against the "go back to where you are from" chant going for you? Sooner or later you'll quit hitching your wagon to such a shaky character.

(07-24-2019, 04:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: I listened to the hearing and that is not what was stated. That was some Republicans regurgitating fake news and trying to make a show out of it. Mueller rightfully stayed above it all.

Because the facts are out. Those were Republicans.

And Nancy is fearful of Impeachment because it boosted Clinton. There is plenty there.

Both of us know if it was Hillary the proceedings would have began already. Heck Clinton was impeached for lying about a consensual affair.

We all heard all the lies Trump told today.

Hopefully they listen to Mueller's comments on how interference is happening now and will continue to happen. 

The GOP needs to acknowledge that it's a reality and that doing so doesn't incriminate Trump. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

They won't. The ugly truth about Trump voters and supporters is they need the Russians to help in 2020. They won't dare do anything that may stop it from happening.

As stated today, that misinformation was powerful. It still has them believing all these lies about Hillary. They don't know what is true and what was the Russians misinformation. It's really sad how easy they are manipulated.