Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mythical Lapham Prediction
(04-28-2021, 09:46 AM)Synric Wrote: I can see length being an issue especially for a top 5 pick but I dont wanna turn this into another arm length thing cuz we both know neither of us see eye to eye on it lol.

I was just wondering who would be some trade back options. Besides Rashwan Slater who theoretically would have the same issue. The guys I listed have elite potential but the productions didnt match outside of say Darrisaw and Vera-Tucker.

Why do you think a trade back is in play though? I think they have made it clear it isn't unless it's a very short move back.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: Why do you think a trade back is in play though? I think they have made it clear it isn't unless it's a very short move back.

Maybe maybe not. They didnt say who they have as their elite prospects (Duks said could be it could be 5 guys could be 10). If Ja'Marr Chase is gone and they have reservations about Sewell and Pitts with one of the top QBs will still be on the board a trade back is possible.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 01:05 PM)Takedown Wrote: Probably very accurate, but depressing. And I don't mind us picking Chase at all. I just want o-line addressed on day 2.

I think Chase sealed the deal with his work out performance (4.38 40, etc etc.) 
From all points of view he is a slam dunk legit NFL PRO WR...and add to that we have Burrows inside Intel on him too. This guy Aint John Ross....hes a baller and will make the catch in traffic, wont give up on routes and likes football. 

Its Chase, lets just hope there are some good OL in 2nd and 3rd we can select.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 08:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

IF he's there.  With all these insider reports coming out of Cincy would it shock anyone to see Brady jump up to #4 to get his WR at LSU and put him in the same offense as he was in college?  Detroit has already said they would move up if needed, and they have a black hole at WR.

The biggest surprise tomorrow could very well be Chase going #4 to Atlanta, Carolina, Miami or Detroit.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know, hence the emoji. Sewell will probably be a very good OT in the NFL. He’s just not the can’t miss, generational prospect many are painting him to be. I got carried away with the hype myself. Way before the “Team Chase vs Team Sewell” stuff started.

And nether is Chase, which is why the whole generational argument really doesn't matter, because neither is that type of prospect.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:41 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: And nether is Chase, which is why the whole generational argument really doesn't matter, because neither is that type of prospect.

I haven’t seen people claiming that about Chase anywhere nearly as much as with Sewell. That’s partly what’s causing some of this pushback about Sewell being a bit “overrated.”

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:40 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF he's there.  With all these insider reports coming out of Cincy would it shock anyone to see Brady jump up to #4 to get his WR at LSU and put him in the same offense as he was in college?  Detroit has already said they would move up if needed, and they have a black hole at WR.

The biggest surprise tomorrow could very well be Chase going #4 to Atlanta, Carolina, Miami or Detroit.

Wouldn’t that be awful if Detroit jumped in front of us, yet again (Ragnow over Price) and took Chase. If Chase is their guy, and they have concerns, they need to move up 1 slot to get Chase. What would that cost? A 4th?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 08:52 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Wouldn’t that be awful if Detroit jumped in front of us, yet again (Ragnow over Price) and took Chase. If Chase is their guy, and they have concerns, they need to move up 1 slot to get Chase. What would that cost? A 4th?

It wouldn't bother me one bit, because I don't see Chase as "the guy."  I see 3 legit options at 5 and I would be happy with all of them.  Chase just happens to be third out of that group for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It wouldn't bother me one bit, because I don't see Chase as "the guy."  I see 3 legit options at 5 and I would be happy with all of them.  Chase just happens to be third out of that group for me.

I guess I could rephrase that as: wouldn’t that be awful if Detroit jumps in front of us to take (insert YOUR guy).

I’m team Chase. For me it’s Chase, Pitts, trade back for waddle, Sewell, trade back for Slater or Darrisaw
Reply/Quote
Who is this Mythical Lapham you speak of?

[Image: bridge-troll-4e7123d-intro.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's hard for me to believe the Bengals will make any massive move when their biggest signing over the last 5 years was Reiff. Most teams would look at that as a so-so signing. To us - when compared to guys like XSF, Spain etc, it was a big deal.

I'd put Reader, Bell, Hilton, Chidobe, and even Ogunjobi, over Reiff in terms of biggest signing, unless you're talking about OL specific. At which point, I agree that Reiff is the biggest OL signing by 50 miles. Honestly some local media guys, including Lap and Hoard, seemed to think that the Bengals were planning on making a serious run at Darryl Williams. That's what gives me hope (sigh) that we'd look in free agency for a RT next year, if the draft doesn't work out and Reiff decides to go elsewhere or hang it up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I am hearing that Bengals war room is divided and that Mike Brown will be making the final decision between Chase and Sewell.
Say What
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote