Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about paying for a new stadium NOW?
(02-18-2022, 12:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This caught my eye so I had to respond.  I admit I had to google 'Heritage Bank Center' to know you were referencing Riverfront Coliseum.  Seems like they change the name of that place every year.  Regardless, is there any discussion of actually replacing that building?   Last time I was there was for a Billy Joel concert in the early '90s.  I believe the Cyclones still play there, correct?  I always liked that building, it has an open feeling without having those stacked levels most arenas have.  It's certainly had a long life and they've gotten their money's worth out of that building.  

Saw my very first rock concert in that building, and many more after.... Led Zeppelin, 1977
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 12:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This caught my eye so I had to respond.  I admit I had to google 'Heritage Bank Center' to know you were referencing Riverfront Coliseum.  Seems like they change the name of that place every year.  Regardless, is there any discussion of actually replacing that building?   Last time I was there was for a Billy Joel concert in the early '90s.  I believe the Cyclones still play there, correct?  I always liked that building, it has an open feeling without having those stacked levels most arenas have.  It's certainly had a long life and they've gotten their money's worth out of that building.  

I'll say.  I went to my first Alice Cooper concert there in '79, not long before the Who concert tragedy.  
Reply/Quote