Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not list Joe Burrow on the injury report
(11-17-2023, 12:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: True, but they are smart enough to disguise it by always holding an iPad at the same time as waring that glove! Lol. I don't believe Zac on anything anymore though so that's probably why I think like this about what's going on.

That famous YT doctor did his post within an hour of th einjury and said it doesn't look like it's adding up, that wrist wrap (for the Ipad) and his injury, and them saying it's a wrist injury - he thinks it's the ulnar nerve (the nerve that goes from your elbow downward). We will see.

We need to start developing our backups. Yeah it would feel weird to win a superbowl without burrow ala nick foles, but it'd still be a superbowl win, but then we can laugh and look at how the rest of the team is structured to seemingly not win much without him.

Does this mean we need to stock up on Browning jerseys? Someday they'll be collector's items!  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow also had a significant shaving cut or maybe a giant pimple on his neck. Why was this not on the injury report?! What are they hiding?!

What's the threshold for putting something on the injury report? If something isn't a consideration at all for participation does it have to be disclosed? They didn't list the infamous finger cut, either.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:31 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I bet They’ve got film of Joe practicing with no brace and 100% participation. He played solid first half. I bet the brace was for carpel tunnel and this is a bonafide wrist injury. We’ll be fine

Like I thought

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We will lose a draft pick.

If it does amount to anything it will be a fine for both the team and Taylor each, But nothing more imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If it does amount to anything it will be a fine for both the team and Taylor each, But nothing more imo.

this is the bengals. the location of the playoff game against baltimore was almost decided by a coinflip, even with the bengals winning the afc north. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:26 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah i originally assumed it was nothing because it wasn't reported by the team. I don't really think he showed signs of being hampered before he left. But I see no way that was a coincidence. I also see no way we face punishment to the extent of a lost draft pick.

That would be crazy if they took a pick a way. That would piss me off big time. A fine I would understand.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:37 PM)Roland Wrote: Burrow also had a significant shaving cut or maybe a giant pimple on his neck.  Why was this not on the injury report?!  What are they hiding?!

What's the threshold for putting something on the injury report?  If something isn't a consideration at all for participation does it have to be disclosed?  They didn't list the infamous finger cut, either.

Nice post Roland, made me laugh and I needed it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:57 AM)pally Wrote: Carpel tunnel can occur at any age, as can arthritis, but is hardly career ending.

Many people use those types of splints when computing to PREVENT carpel tunnel and wrist strain.

I had it bad when i was weight lighting hard in my early 20's. Gripped the bars too hard. Went away eventually.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I'll admit it:
I never knew an ipad glove, stylus glove, whatever.. was even a thing.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:31 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I bet They’ve got film of Joe practicing with no brace and 100% participation. He played solid first half. I bet the brace was for carpel tunnel and this is a bonafide wrist injury. We’ll be fine

That’s not a carpal tunnel brace.
Reply/Quote
This is hilarious, accurate and spot on. Totally worth 5 minutes of everyone’s day. Sorry if it’s been posted.

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1725576599054229651/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1725576599054229651&currentTweetUser=TheHerd
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:20 PM)Destro Wrote: I'll admit it:
I never knew an ipad glove, stylus glove, whatever.. was even a thing.

Me neither lol
Reply/Quote
[Image: roger-goodell.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just rewatched the first half. Burrow was throwing accurately with good velocity and showing no discomfort until the touchdown pass to Mixon.  On the play prior, also a pass completion to Mixon, he was hit after releasing the throw, but the broadcast does not show whether he was knocked to the ground or if anything else occurred. Maybe someone with access to the all 22 view can see if anything happened on that play.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:51 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Just rewatched the first half. Burrow was throwing accurately with good velocity and showing no discomfort until the touchdown pass to Mixon.  On the play prior, also a pass completion to Mixon, he was hit after releasing the throw, but the broadcast does not show whether he was knocked to the ground or if anything else occurred. Maybe someone with access to the all 22 view can see if anything happened on that play.

Yes, it was the hit before the Mixon TD pass that got him. He didn't notice until he threw that pass, will have to watch it again.

I saw one angle where I thought I saw a Raven hit is wrist on the TD pass as well, but could be wrong and it was when he got hit 
on one of the plays before by Clowney I think it was.
Reply/Quote
They need to investigate a couple of those DPIs called on Baltimore's last drive of the first half.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:51 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Just rewatched the first half. Burrow was throwing accurately with good velocity and showing no discomfort until the touchdown pass to Mixon.  On the play prior, also a pass completion to Mixon, he was hit after releasing the throw, but the broadcast does not show whether he was knocked to the ground or if anything else occurred. Maybe someone with access to the all 22 view can see if anything happened on that play.

(11-17-2023, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, it was the hit before the Mixon TD pass that got him. He didn't notice until he threw that pass, will have to watch it again.

I saw one angle where I thought I saw a Raven hit is wrist on the TD pass as well, but could be wrong and it was when he got hit 
on one of the plays before by Clowney I think it was.

They showed it. Clowney landed on him, and the right hand kinda braced him for the landing. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: They showed it. Clowney landed on him, and the right hand kinda braced him for the landing. 

Yep, just saw it on NFL network “Insiders”. Should be a short investigation with no repercussions. But as long suffering Bengals fans we expect otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:54 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose it makes sense since he had the brace on prior to the game and then exited with the injury.

(11-17-2023, 11:59 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Was it even a BRACE, though?  That black thing he was wearing when he arrived in Baltimore is an I-pad glove.

Huion Artist Glove for Drawing Tablet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VTHAS00/?coliid=I3VM4OSLZ7MZ3D&colid=2XSQZGTMXN08O&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:23 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Yep, just saw it on NFL network “Insiders”. Should be a short investigation with no repercussions. But as long suffering Bengals fans we expect otherwise.

You know it.....mfers are calling Logan Wilson dirty now too. I tell ya, it's hard to shake the black cloud mentality after so many years like you said, but dammit I'm trying!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote