Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not list Joe Burrow on the injury report
(11-17-2023, 04:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Huion Artist Glove for Drawing Tablet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VTHAS00/?coliid=I3VM4OSLZ7MZ3D&colid=2XSQZGTMXN08O&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

LoL, that's exactly what it looks like. A big nothing burger.

I've never used one, but from what I understand, it allows you to keep your hand on the tablet while using a stylus so you don't get any unnecessary input on a touch screen.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think he mildly injured the hand against Houston personally didn't have time to fully heal re aggravated the injury on the Clowney hit and made it worse with a longer recovery time. Its a pain tolerance thing with a high chance of reaggravating against Steelers if he plays. I'm not usually 1 too panic but we in serious trouble. He was grimacing throwing in the 2nd half of Texans game. Announcers were saying he could have restrained the calf
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I think he mildly injured the hand against Houston personally didn't have time to fully heal re aggravated the injury on the Clowney hit and made it worse with a longer recovery time. Its a pain tolerance thing with a high chance of reaggravating against Steelers if he plays. I'm not usually 1 too panic but we in serious trouble. He was grimacing throwing in the 2nd half of Texans game. Announcers were saying he could have restrained the calf

Could be. I don't remember seeing him do that against Houston, but he did have a sleeve and elbow pad on that arm against the Texans.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'd have to find a QB who played a career with arthritis  / carpel tunnel in his throwing wrist to know for sure. I know it can occur at any age, but it is debilitating for people with lessor jobs than qb....  

I never played QB, but I have done LOTS of hard physical labor jobs my entire life with arthritis.. Just learn with work around it.. I know people who think a hangnail is cause to get disability payments. Joe doesn't strike me as the type.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Burrow said it was a compression sleeve to keep his arm from swelling on the plane. So I guess anytime any player wears a compression sleeve (which apparently is very common on flights) they have to go on the injury list?
Reply/Quote
Maybe the proof is in the plays. Burrow seemed to be in shotgun from the start against the Ravens. I know we use shotgun an absurdly amount of time but it seems like he was under center more as his calf started to heal. I could be wrong but during the win streak he was under center more and more each game. Then came the Balt game where he was in shotgun from the start. I will have to go back to the Houston game and see at what point he started going back to shotgun.

I was telling my son during the Ravens game that Burrow didn’t have any zip on the ball. I thought the calf started acting up again.
Reply/Quote
The whole point of the matter is there is no discernable reason for the team to cover up any possible injury. Just about every player has some type of injury at this point in the season. If he's practicing and playing, what is there to report, and why cover it up? It makes no sense unless the league is going to say they did it for gambling reasons, which in turn would open a whole nother can of worms.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are found guilty,it could potentially cost us a draft pick,and/or fine.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 02:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The whole point of the matter is there is no discernable reason for the team to cover up any possible injury. Just about every player has some type of injury at this point in the season. If he's practicing and playing, what is there to report, and why cover it up? It makes no sense unless the league is going to say they did it for gambling reasons, which in turn would open a whole nother can of worms.

Gambling is probably the primary reason. The guy that bet 100k on the Bengals is a damn fool. Who blows that much in a team that’s lost what 28 of the last 29 regular season road prime time games. He’s a fool, didn’t do his own research.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 04:13 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: If the Bengals are found guilty,it could potentially cost us a draft pick,and/or fine.

If they do that's 100% on Zac.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 04:13 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: If the Bengals are found guilty,it could potentially cost us a draft pick,and/or fine.

If the Bengals are found "guilty", then they should demand the league investigate the Browns handling of Watson. 

The fact of the matter is this: there is video of him in practice Tuesday showing no signs of an injury. There is video of him warming up before the game shared by Dehner showing no signs of injury. There is tape of almost a whole half of game play showing no signs of injury. There is also tape of Jadaveon Clowney and Joe himself landing on the wrist/hand in question the play before it popped. This is a nothing burger. Period. People have forgotten how many times Mike pissed off Roger Rooney and the other owners by voting against them. You think those petty ****ers forgot that? If they even insinuate the Bengals did something nefarious here, I'd go scorched earth with every underhanded secret I had on them if I were them.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 01:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Maybe the proof is in the plays. Burrow seemed to be in shotgun from the start against the Ravens. I know we use shotgun an absurdly amount of time but it seems like he was under center more as his calf started to heal. I could be wrong but during the win streak he was under center more and more each game. Then came the Balt game where he was in shotgun from the start. I will have to go back to the Houston game and see at what point he started going back to shotgun.

I was telling my son during the Ravens game that Burrow didn’t have any zip on the ball. I thought the calf started acting up again.

They ran a few plays under center.

Reply/Quote
Go back to the long TD to Chase against Texans. Rich Gannon was commenting how Burrow was grimacing he said at the time he may have reaggravated that calf muscle. Burrow played nearly 4 quarters with a fractured wrist and played halfway decent to where he no longer could tolerate the pain anymore that is more than likely the truth and the actual truth will never see the light of day.
Reply/Quote
Again, someone tell me what the Bengals organization had to gain by attempting to hide an injury. If he was injured, he would be on the injury report and listed as a game time decision. Hiding an injury gains a team nothing. This whole thing is stupid and only being looked at because of Portnoy losing a large bet then whining about it.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, someone tell me what the Bengals organization had to gain by attempting to hide an injury. If he was injured, he would be on the injury report and listed as a game time decision. Hiding an injury gains a team nothing. This whole thing is stupid and only being looked at because of Portnoy losing a large bet then whining about it.

I totally agree, putting Burrow on the injury report could possibly have forced the Ravens to consider game planning for another QB, and doing so on an extremely short week.  Advantage Bengals.  This accusation makes zero sense.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, someone tell me what the Bengals organization had to gain by attempting to hide an injury. If he was injured, he would be on the injury report and listed as a game time decision. Hiding an injury gains a team nothing. This whole thing is stupid and only being looked at because of Portnoy losing a large bet then whining about it.

Even more absurd considering Burrow was a full participant in practice all week and played like himself up in the game until the injury. 

Like this "investigation" is literally happening because of a stupid picture.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: --

for a split second the "better send those refunds" phrase in your signature clicks in my head as the Bengals asking Burrow for a refund lol  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 02:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The whole point of the matter is there is no discernable reason for the team to cover up any possible injury. Just about every player has some type of injury at this point in the season. If he's practicing and playing, what is there to report, and why cover it up? It makes no sense unless the league is going to say they did it for gambling reasons, which in turn would open a whole nother can of worms.

Gambling is the only reason for an injury report.  There's no other reason to have one.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 12:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Even more absurd considering Burrow was a full participant in practice all week and played like himself up in the game until the injury. 

Like this "investigation" is literally happening because of a stupid picture.

Exactly
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like we may be waiting a while to find out the results of said investigation.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/20/bengals-wont-find-out-result-nfl-investigation/
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote