Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should Stay and who should Go
(10-28-2019, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I actually will side with ownership on not trading away AJ Green if no one is offering a Day 1 or Day 2 pick. A 3rd round comp pick would actually be better then in that case. But I'd find it hard to believe no one would be offering at least a 3rd rounder.

I'd hate to see Billings gone. He was a favorite of mine when drafted and he's performing best out of all the NTs. But I get it if it happens.

I agree with trading away Eifert and Glenn.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't there some rule that you can't get over a 5th round comp pick for a veteran that has played so many seasons. I think I heard thos with either Whit or Peko.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 04:46 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't there some rule that you can't get over a 5th round comp pick for a veteran that has played so many seasons. I think I heard thos with either Whit or Peko.

It's 10 seasons. AJ hasn't been in the league that long.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's 10 seasons. AJ hasn't been in the league that long.

Thanks. I knew there was something about it but wasn't sure. 
Reply/Quote
You can all come up with your scenarios of trading for extra draft picks, hitting a homerun draft, signing quality free agents to contend next year...

But, IT WON'T HAPPEN! Status Quo!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You can all come up with your scenarios of trading for extra draft picks, hitting a homerun draft, signing quality free agents to contend next year...

But, IT WON'T HAPPEN! Status Quo!

Ya know, if this organization really thinks it needs to wait until certain players are healthy and back on the field before it can evaluate how good or bad it is, then you're absolutely right. They think the only reason they are bad is due to injuries. So in their minds, the players will all be healthy by next year (if you put them in a bubble), and they'll only be a few C-level FAs and draft picks away from competing again.

Assuming they get a new QB next year (all signs point to yes after benching Dalton), would this team be able to actually be a contender with just 1-2 OL, 1-2 LBs, and perhaps a new coach or two? More importantly, which FAs would actually come here and be decent that would command less than $10 mill a year?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote